Armor Transport

Hmmm... Why?

Hard to sit and drive in armor... :lol:

I use a big tupperware tote. Its blue!

I am very anal on how I store and pack my armor. I do the same thing everytime.

Expensive costumes do that to you after a while. :lol:

Multiple trash bags.....for now :D. I'm going to invest in a good Rubbermaid bin here in the near future.

I'm glad this questiong was asked because I was wondering how some of you pack it in the bins you have since some of you use a strapping system? Do you take everything apart? Or do you keep them together? Also, do you use something like newspaper or little thin foam sheets to keep stuff from rubbing each other?

-------

I have that one, but without wheels. It's $10 cheaper without wheels. When I bought my box, I wanted wheels, but that was the only thing big enough at the time that was available.

Fits all, but my helmet. It's the max. size for most airplanes too without being charged extra.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

ItsThatGuy said:

----------

I have that one, but without wheels. It's $10 cheaper without wheels. When I bought my box, I wanted wheels, but that was the only thing big enough at the time that was available.

Fits all, but my helmet. It's the max. size for most airplanes too without being charged extra.

I have the same one as you and I could everything in there. My torso and upper body come apart and lay flat. I put the arms and legs in one another. I also got rid of the FX and bought a smaller AP lid. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I've found that it works well to stick the shin piece inside the thigh piece and then stick the forearm piece inside the shin piece. This really helps with space particularly when you have to pack in a suit case for travel. I can take my chest and back piece apart. I unsnap everything to pack it. Daetrin loaned me a motorcycle helmet bag for carrying my helmet in. Very nice. Oh Daetrin, my armor arrived in NH with me so all is well. My nephew loved seeing my armor. He was in shock when he saw it. I didn't tell him I had it.

I have this guy:------------

More than big enough to fit my armor, the bucket, boots, and a blaster, with a little bit of room to spare.

And it fits in the backseat of my Audi A4, which isn't the roomiest car on the market.

It's perfect for me.

The only thing I think I might change about is possibly adding a fleece liner, and maybe compartmentalizing it so my helmet has it's own little nook.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2476189

I might have to pick one of these up! beats showing up in armor.

ManInWhite said:
your link doesnt work doug.

Boo! Stupid Internets. :P

Here's a pic:

-----------

It's something like $40 at The Container Store.

EDIT: You can find it on containerstore.com here: Category --> Garage --> Storage Bags and Boxes ... it's at the bottom of the page.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Someone mentioned newspaper earlier. I know this one already. News print will come off onto your fingers and make you leave little black finger prints all over your helmet. Bubble wrap it!

Someone mentioned newspaper earlier. I know this one already. News print will come off onto your fingers and make you leave little black finger prints all over your helmet. Bubble wrap it!

God i never would have thought of that. It saves me that much polishing time ^.^

I use a giant Motor Cross bag, its about the same size as the big hockey bags…its got a compartment for everything…plus I like the Big wheels it has :)

• 4 weeks later...
I use a giant Motor Cross bag, its about the same size as the big hockey bags…its got a compartment for everything…plus I like the Big wheels it has :)

Hey guys. I need to find something to lug my armor around to events. If I want something big enough for my AP kit (w/helmet), is there a size in 'gallons' or 'square inches' that would be sufficient. I want to find something that will be as snug as possible.

jt

• 5 weeks later...
Hey guys. I need to find something to lug my armor around to events. If I want something big enough for my AP kit (w/helmet), is there a size in 'gallons' or 'square inches' that would be sufficient. I want to find something that will be as snug as possible.

jt

BUMP......

Can anyone with AP or TE put in their 2 cents on this? I would love to hear more about what all you guys are using as well.

Also, the idea of a bag as 8280 said but I think I would be paranoid that my stuff would get crushed.