What are Forced Unleashed Stormtroopers

Daetrin

So, uh, been playing the game, a lot, and i'm really glad to see some new troopers. It's nice to get the variation, give those of us interested in the standard TK armor a little more creative space.

the game is a lot of fun too!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left all of my ab buttons black, from the picture on the card of the commander figure they are still all black so thats what i went by when it came down to the buttons. you cant tell on the figure itself or from the game due to the simple fact its a game so i went to the next resource and looked at the card. but im willing to change it on what ever is decided.

Talking about The Force Unleashed Stormtrooper there is a thread posted over at the 501st HQ Forum with a screen cap of these TK-TC hybrid troopers :

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Talking about The Force Unleashed Stormtrooper there is a thread posted over at the 501st HQ Forum with a screen cap of these TK-TC hybrid troopers :

It looks like 501st scheme, but helmet is something between TK and E-III Clone. Armor looks like some hybrid too.

It looks like 501st scheme, but helmet is something between TK and E-III Clone. Armor looks like some hybrid too.

Its the 501st Legion blue markings alright. Well we can say that this armor indicate the natural evolution from the Phase II Clonetrooper armor to the TK Armor of the Original Trilogy.

The Sith OverLord said:

-----------

New guy here, but, it seems that these guys should be in the EU deatchment, since they're technically neither clones nor stormtroopers. I see a hybrid helmet and belt, and the following:

Clone:

Chest, Biceps, Gauntlets, Codpiece, Thighs, Elbows

Stormtrooper:

Shoulder, Ab plate, hand plate, shin, boot

They'd make interesting costumes if done in RL. Maybe I'll kitbash one together from figures...

At any rate, the painted stormtroopers are still, at their core, still stormtroopers. However, I think only the Stormtrooper Commander (blue) should be here, and the red ones (Inferno Troopers) should be in the SpecOps deatchment, due to their positions and roles.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
has anything been determined yet on the force unleashed stormtrooper commander? i would like to submit it but i was waiting for some sort of go ahead

thanks guys

Btw, if it means anything, I think your trooper was done beautifully, and if it's not accepted it's a real shame. I for one am one of the "tks should be left crisp, white and clean" but I also don't see the point in saying other people can't do what they want. If there are many shots of all the sides of the trooper, and he's in multiple sources.. it should be able to be done.

Even if it will never be 501st approves.. always remember it's YOUR suit. Any good garrison leader will tell you that, and if YOU are proud of it.. since it's your property and your love and joy.. that's all that matters my friend :).

Darryl-

I like to believe it's about quality. A well done costume is well done, regardless of straight white or blue. The FU trooper is a TK with paint and is part of FISD. The hybrid trooper with a mix of clone and TK parts...not sure where that will belong : CTN, SpecOps, or here. MY BELIEF is that is should be up to the COSTUME HOLDERS to decide which detachment best suits their needs, not the LMO or the DL's.

It certainly does. Makes you wonder if LFL was skimming from IC.

I'm not gonna say B)

Personally it would be sweet to see someone with that kind of armor. I'd love to have that one red helmet you posted on here. Make a sweet stormtrooper get-up lol

You mean like these from Anime Expo 2006? ;)

gallery_19_270032.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What about:

"If You Seek Amy".... TK

If you don't know......

Google it......

:0Lighten:

I need the Stormtrooper Commander Approved, if not I'm still wearing it,

and I'll get all the photo attention, all they white formal TK's will be soooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atl Italian

TK-7498

Just to add, since I can't access the 501st forums yet. You guys need to be careful because there are discrepancies between trooper models between game versions. One of my friends on starwarsaddiction found that the wii/PS2 version Jump Trooper is completely different model than the accepted version in the 360/PS3 version which is the one the figure and all artwork copies. This is due to the fact that several different developers worked on each version of the game. The actual Lucasarts team only did the two next gen systems.

PS2 version: ImperialJet-trooper.thumb.jpg.0fdb880aad1aeaec7b47a3d14bc3430d.jpg

360 version: DSCN0343.thumb.jpg.c482ef0a102d25fb57e1796ecf13f606.jpg

As you can see, the 360 version is the same as the promo art:

258px-Jump_trooper.jpg.8e438e0ea0e4fb05d3dfa47a2adaaf00.jpg

So I'd be careful creating standards from the lesser powerful systems, because they might not match the high end system games which seem to be what all the accepted art comes from.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I agree. Stormtroopers went through some changes on the way to all white, so they are also storm troopers, even if they are diferent color paint schemes. I am making a varient myself which is black and white cominiation. I want to show it to some of you when i finish, but it is just a project. I would nit expect something such as my project "quasi trooper" to be acceoted in forums such as this, but I would think it will bring a nice flavor to trooping activities which are not strictly adhearing to protocol. As in the military, there will be the special forces and then the mother-vast-Army. We, the Stormtroopers are the product of an evolution from many different failed or inferior attempts at creating the best soldier. We cannot forget that some Stormies were dirty as well as clean. Dirty troopers are not reserved solely for Ssandies. The clean troopers are normally found on battle stations and not on planet surfaces conducting patrols. JMO. :trooper::salute:

Hmmm, it appears I'm going against the grain here. I believe we should include and welcome the FU TK's to FISD. At this point this is only discussion. But, if and when the Legion approves the costume it should belong here.

Lucas can and will continue to add and expand his character and story base. With the new Clone Wars cartoon and pending TV show there is likely to be more connections between clones and tk's. Since this (FU) is in between the story and not after (expanded) its makese sense to welcome these costume types.

Further, unlike TX's we are talking mods to the white base versus a completely new base color (aka black). Further the armor is the same, so unless the armor is different I don't see why we shouldn't include the FU TK's. And let's also be prepared for the new tv show and potentially another new breed of TK's.

Agreed?

I like your work Trooper! I think it will expand our horizons if we bring in the Force Unleashed troopers if they are accepted. We can have squads within the detachmnet. I think this will inspire brotherhood and unity. JMO. :trooper::salute:

Well said, boss. Iam with that 100%

I like to believe it's about quality. A well done costume is well done, regardless of straight white or blue. The FU trooper is a TK with paint and is part of FISD. The hybrid trooper with a mix of clone and TK parts...not sure where that will belong : CTN, SpecOps, or here. MY BELIEF is that is should be up to the COSTUME HOLDERS to decide which detachment best suits their needs, not the LMO or the DL's.

When the debate about the FU Troopers was agreed upon amongst the Legion Detachment Leaders and the LMO on the Legion boards, the TX Det and FISD leadership agreed that the TK repaints (Stormtrooper Commander (Blue & White) and the Incinerator Troopers (Red and White)) rightly belonged with the FISD (and the LMO agreed), as they were essentially a white TK with stripes, and provided the FISD with their first EU costumes.

The LMO also agreed that the TX Special Operations Det could work the FU stormtrooper variants (EVO Trooper & Imperial Jumptrooper), as they fit the special operations Stormtrooper role and departed from the standard TK model with significant part modifications. The Shadow Trooper & it's silver/black FU variant remain Spec Ops as well.

As for the PS2 and 360/PS3 variants, it's been suggested on the Legion forums that the PS2 versions may be leaning towards the Clone side, but it hasn't been decided where they properly belong by the LMO.

In any case, the TX Det members always work well with our FISD brothers and we'll continue to share both members and expertise between our two boards.

If you're interested, you can check out the TX Det's FU forums here: http://s11.zetaboards.com/501st_Spec_Ops_Det/forum/17062/

Kev

Spec Ops DL