My ANH AP armor

Tonight I submitted the pictures for my approval into the 501st (and just got approved :D ) and I figured I'd share them here as well.. perhaps you guys see some things we have missed somehow that needs some improvement or anything.

The armor is build to go for centurion but I'm not quite there yet (so far I know I have the wrong mic tips and wrong neck trim, thankfully that's easy to fix. The drop boxes also need to be moved a little bit).

It is AP armor, the blaster is a Hyperfirm E-11. I'm between 6' and 6'1" tall, so that kind of explains the black since AP isn't the biggest armor around. The armor is build with the original bracket system (the ones they used in the movie).

66476043442144816718995.th.jpg66459543442190417851464.th.jpg62149043442185617731559.th.jpg61728743442199218076074.th.jpg61716043442194817961917.th.jpg

61716043442194817961917.th.jpg61536943442209218329019.th.jpg13493843442149216822062.th.jpg16940043442162017141972.th.jpg17552043442176017491572.th.jpg

17703943442178417551301.th.jpg17759643442158017041024.th.jpg17764643442154416951574.th.jpg61525743442169617331954.th.jpg13464743442227618781661.th.jpg

13199243442204418201729.th.jpg13198943442214818462944.th.jpg13198543442152416908128.th.jpg13142643442206018241674.th.jpg13142343442166017241408.th.jpg

78137434422112183712298.th.jpg54151434421640171920188.th.jpg56847434422212186277419.th.jpg57127434421812176221426.th.jpg

Sweet looking armor :duim:

Have you thought about connecting biceps and forearm?

You will look a lot better when straightening your arms.

Here´s a good tutorial http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21390-geaux-saints-anh-stunt-build-tm/page__st__120

Centurion will be an easy one for you ;)

Thanks so much guys (and gals!) :D

Have you thought about connecting biceps and forearm?

Yeah we thought about it but the problem is a bit that the forearms are very narrow and doesn't leave much room. We're currently thinking there might be a way to make it a little bit spacier and then we might be able to do this :)

You're correct, though. I didn't notice it on the pictures until after you mentioned it, in some pictures it does indeed look like the forearm shifted a bit during the picture taking.

I think that the thighs need improvement however the photos are too small for me to pick out detail and offer advice.

The shape of the thighs around the crotch is way wrong.

I can't tell from the small pics if you have the thighs on the wrong legs or if they are rotated too far round from the centre front line seam.

If you can post up better pics or an EIB application then I'm sure we can help you further.

Looks great, Jeroen!

I don't think your thighs need improvement, they just need to be twisted inward so the cover strips are facing forward :D They are about 80-degrees off.

CHEERS! Glad you got through it all since your first introduction post!

Yeah true, the thighs were a bit rotated, should be better when we submit the EIB pics.. I know I've seen them on straight ;)

Thanks for all the cool comments people :D

Great job and congratulations! :duim:

The only other thing I would comment on is the space between the ab buttons and bottom of chest. How are you shoulder straps attached? JB Weld/E6000? If you're able to, move the chest lower by gluing the straps higher up on the chest's top slats (for lack of a better term). It looks like there's maybe 1.5 inches to work with. I don't know if that would affect EIB, but it's something that might be mentioned when you submit.

@Tim, yeah we've been looking at that as well.. the problem is not really the shoulder straps, it is held by two snaps on each side so we could easily adjust it to become a bit bigger.. the problem, however, is with the brackets. The brackets make that the chest is actually fixed to the ab plate. If we give it more space as it is now, it will only give me a lot more space in my back because of the brackets and that kind of looked funny lol. I'll probably upload my EIB pics tonight so you can see how the inside was built and see what I mean :)

Hi Svache.

Here's a question for you.

If there are faults with your stormtrooper look.

Would you rather have honest comments back to help you correct your Armour?

Or would you like loads of comments back saying ...

That's great!

That's really swell!

You look great in your Armour!!

Be prepared if your applying for your EIB.

The whole point of the Armour build is to look the part and to correct and adjust what is wrong.

False positive comments are totally stupid and pointless in my honest opinion.

@Phil: Of course it's always nice to get great comments like that but at the same time I also know the pictures will be looked different at with the EIB and centurion applications.

No worries, I know there might always be something that has to be adjusted, no problem, it's a way of learning. Others may see things that we have overlooked ourselves, it's one thing to build a TK, it's a whole other to actually go that extra step and go for better screen accuracy. There are only a few (if even there is even more than one) EIB's within our outpost (I actually think Eric (Darth Aloha) is the only one with EIB) and there is no Centurion at all in our outpost, so it is pretty much a learning process for those of us who are looking with me at this built. It might not always be fun to get critics but as long as they are honest, constructive and not demeaning, then there should be no problem other than to go back to the drawing board and fix what should be fixed in other to get that extra level :)

Another way to think of it is basically looking back at how things were when still in school. If the teachers only tell people how well they do and never tell them what they do wrong, nobody would ever learn anything. It's the mistakes people often learn most from ;)

We'll see how it goes =)

I do appreciate that it is hard to receive critiscm.

Some people seem to fall apart.

Some people choose to argue with you.

Some people take the comments and improve their Armour.

What you have to appreciate that it is also hard to be a constructive critic.

I don't mean the type the make a critiscm and run,

or the type that criticize and offer bad advice.

I try to be a constructive critic (or praiser) and ill stay around afterwards to take the flack for the comment.

This is where I differ from most.

Personally I cannot stand seeing praise comments for something that is glaringly wrong.

The guy needs help!

Not to be dulled into a false sense of security.

Lets get you to EIB or the first Centurion if that's what you want.

If the changes don't Cost you any money to do, just a bit of labour and changes then let's do them.

Good luck on your builds mate.

Ps. Your top shoulder bell straps could do with being slightly shorter too ;)

Funky, I appreciate what you are saying....but you asked if he wanted to hear it, and he said yes. Trust me, the Outpost guys welcome all feedback. Then in your second post, you mention things glaringly wrong, but don't say anything other than shorten the shoulder strap...so out with it mate, please give your feedback already. He is EIB approved, some changes were made before those photos were taken, so make sure to look there too. Let's try to get him to Centurion (the first in our Outpost BTW!)

Edited by Femtrooper Julie

Hi Svache.

Here's a question for you.

If there are faults with your stormtrooper look.

Would you rather have honest comments back to help you correct your Armour?

Trust me that this trooper has a thick skin and a pretty great attitude when it comes to looking his best. I say fire away at him (in his EIB thread) without mercy.

And yes he knows this armor is too small for him :)

-Eric

Personally I cannot stand seeing praise comments for something that is glaringly wrong.

The guy needs help!

Not to be dulled into a false sense of security.

I agree, if you have feedback, let us know...it is my first time helping with a serious try at Centurion....if the AP is just too small for approval, I understand. I thought all "movie derived" armor was small, but close in size. This is noticably smaller than ATA and TE2 I've worked with. If there are things we can fix, let us know and we'll dial it in.

Hi guys,

To all of you..

I understand that you have all been working as a team to build and photograph this.

Congrats on his EIB pass.

All comments from Clamps, Mathias and I are posted on the EIB thread.

Good luck to all of your outpost on working hard together on this and I look forward to seeing more of your EIB applications.

Phil

Thank so much Phil. I just read your comments in the EIB thread and we'll make sure to improve all those things as much as possible when we're working on the build again :)