Is it worth getting a Rubies stormtrooper?

squirt40

Sure. Buy it if you plan to melt it down into a big wad of white plastic and use it as a paper weight. Not only would be look better as a melted glob of hard goo, it will be way more useful stopping your papers from blowing away than it would be as a stormtrooper costume.

Aloha,

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/23/2012 at 7:14 AM, Daveskie said:

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH! ;)

OMG is that a bug-eyed gray alien variation of a TK lid? Horrifying.

As for answering Luis' question, you are all candid and direct. Except Eric, who is ever full of truth in sarcasm. However, perhaps Luis is a crafter looking for a really good challenge? Then the definition of 'worth it' might be different than yours.

That said, Luis, I recommend CFO. It will very likely save you money, time, and heartache - unless you are really itching for that over-the-top challenge. :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

God it just.. It looks so awful! :vomit-into-the-toilet:

@Luis,

I recommend checking around the Getting Started forum and find out about the different types of armour. There are lots of armour makers here on FISD that charge less for their wares, and for MUCH higher quality! There might even some armour to be found for sale in the proper sections. Dig around and get to know the site, it's frackin' huge!

There was a time that if you wanted a RoTJ suit this was the way to go armour wise ( the helmet has always been a throw away job) despite the amount of rework/modification required for clearance.

Thankfully since the CFO suit has become available the Rubies TK , like all other incarnations of Rubies Star Wars costumes, has become fit only for the trash compactor.

For ebay "is this kit worth buying?" questions, we use this section of the forum: http://www.whitearmo...hp?showforum=51

But in response to your question - no. It is recast FX, recast in fiberglass (heavy and fragile) at that. Except for the helmet - and I have no idea what that is.

I would agree 100% with Brian.

Luis, I understand the convenience of affordability, but one virtue I've learned in the TK building experience is patience. Get prepared, save and invest in the best resources you can, and most importantly, DONT SETTLE FOR A CHEAP RECAST. There are some amazing vetted vendors here, that offer much help and will truly make your TK experience worth it. Original and quality TK kits.

This is where you want to start-http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538

You are on your way, just hang in there, gather your means, and do it right. We are here for you, so ask away! You are making the right decision so far by consulting us.

Best regards!

Cheers,

TrooperJay

Edited by TrooperJay