Cover Strip Corners

So I have searched but I am not coming up with an answer. Should cover strip corners be straight, cut at 45degree angles or slightly rounded?

I have seen all three and would like to confirm which is most SA. I also looked at the LFL photos on photobucket and the shape seems to vary there too

Thoughts?

Thanks

CB

Personally I went with straight, but teeny slightly rounded corners so as not to catch on or scrape anything. I just round them with some 320 grit sandpaper.

It is a good question, though, regarding "accuracy." If you see screen shots that vary, like so many other things, then you just have to use best judgment.

I believe the true SA way is to have them cut at 45 degree angles but lots of people also round them off slightly so they are kind of a rounded 45 degrees if that makes sense.

Yeah that is what prompted my question as I was checking out those same photos but via photobucket and still saw a bit of variance. I will use best judgement.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I feel like I am turning the corner on my build and getting my first glimpse of the finish line WAY down the track.

CB

On 9/1/2012 at 7:55 AM, matt black said:

They can all be found here

----------

SWEET can I link to that reference on the FB page?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

SWEET can I link to that reference on the FB page?

Of course. It's our own page....

It varies a lot on the real parts. Sometimes it's 45 degree cuts, sometimes it's 90 degrees, and sometimes something in between. I play it safe and cut all at 45 degrees.

On 9/1/2012 at 9:41 AM, Darth Furious said:

That one pictured on the right has a completely rounded top edge! Defintely some room for interpretation there.

Exactly my quandary as I am just a couple days from cover stripping my kit, I wanted to do it right... I'll have to ponder and review photos some more. Just for reference, somewhere on FISD I got the Photobucket link to those photos and bookmarked it for just such an occasion ------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

If you look at the TOP FRONT cover strip on my thighs, they do slant a tiny bit to conform with the natural curves of the butt join. So it's not, strictly speaking, straight with sanded corners. When I had left it straight, it looked odd to me. It was one of those things where "accurate" and "looks stupid" (kind of like a very crooked knee plate) had a galactic space battle in my head.