My AP ANH Armor

Late last week I received my AP armor in the mail. I am so excited. This is something that I have wanted since I first saw Star Wars in 1977.

This is AP armor. Expertly built by the AP armor builder (a member of this forum). The build is first rate with excellent workmanship and strapping. Attention to detail is fantastic and I could not be happier. I know many on this forum build their own and my hats off to all of you. Here are some pictures.

Please let me know any comments before I submit for membership. Thanks. Kevin :D

The box:

CC296E8A-4EDB-44F4-A6AA-FF1EDD64FF10-3137-0000022CF25AF2B2.jpg

1C7A40A7-0BF9-49F2-AE3D-29B9D6EA2D99-3137-0000022D31370AF5.jpg

5C44902B-45EA-4DAD-B3EE-1BB3CB2D7622-3137-0000022CF8B44A9F.jpg

38F6FD47-DDF6-4226-AF60-7DF204266D65-3137-0000022D0D68967F.jpg

AC800499-0480-4FD9-8CE0-DF5E7A988782-3137-0000022D1B18D89C.jpg

C46EB523-C7C8-4D7B-BCCB-653CD5DC049C-3137-0000022CFF30961D.jpg

5B128527-3034-4714-890A-8085AE0E577D-3137-0000022D23FF333C.jpg

B5B8EA6A-0A4A-44DF-8B68-3E40856D8FF2-3137-0000022D17B12B36.jpg

nice job!

all it looks like you need to do is tighten your harness at the rear

this will bring the butt and kidney into place.

put your white elastics on your shoulder straps to hold them in place.

there are a few more things to change, and I'll cover those in PM's ok?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I think it Looks good but the biceps,forearms and right thigh look like they are a big on you.Depending on what glue was used should be an easy fix.

interesting that the right eye isn't as flared as the AP helmets normally are,which I think is an improvement.

Hi, queen of thigh problems here.... Not sure if your thigh armor would be considered problematic (probably not) for approval, but here's a recommendation.

You could taper those a little bit at the bottom for a more "snug" fit. Undo the back, cut one side with a slant so it will be the same width at the top but narrower at the bottom, re-glue with strip. (The back of AP thighs isn't perfectly aligned so it's a bit of work getting the bottoms to line up again, but it can be done! ... )

You can also put some padding on the inside of the thighs on the OUTSIDE of the knee. This will help pull them outward and align a little better.

Good luck!

everyone is going to criticize this build? of course it's not going to be "tailored" to fit.

in the movies they did not tailor armor to fit.

look at the size of his thighs at the top, he completely fills up the armor as it is.

his arms are huge, that's why his armor LOOKS larger!

not everyone has 20" thighs and 9" arms

I have already covered the thighs, belt and other elements, and I think that prop replica critics cruize the armor

builds just to burst the bubble of a costumer, see folks... it's not always a prop replica, sometimes it's a costume

for a person to have fun in and realize their dream!

all those Prop replica people need to remember that the original actors were hired because they FIT

into the suit. not because the suit was made to fit.

this is a great example of an armor build made to fit a person outside of the film standards for measurements.

The build is first rate with excellent workmanship and strapping. Attention to detail is fantastic and I could not be happier.

this says it all for me... sure he can make a few changes, maybe even go EIB. but he does not have to be pressured into doing that.

?? zoinks scoob?

ingrid

left hand on blue

oh and ingrid is right about how to do the thigh, but instead of clogging up his thread with a bunch of criticism I was going to handle

it in private. see... PM's can be for a positive purpose.

so what's the deal...

Nice of you to edit your post after my comment!

Your "Pro AP" and "Pro AA" attitude is sometimes a little over the top!

It is a decent built, but there are some things to improve!

You don't have to be a fashion designer to tell if a shirt doesn't fit the wearer!

I'm sure Kevin paid some decent cash to have the armor fitted for him, but there's "room" for improvement!

negative emotions on someone elses thread.

how nice.

can we get back to how happy he is?

or do we have to discus rivets, sidegaps, shims, tell him every aspect of EIB and CENTURION?

is that the goal of the FISD?

to push people into thinking that a regular ol troopin suit needs to be perfect?

thread derail ended

(I hope)

:duim:

I think it's part of the challenge of the FISD to allow kevin to choose how far he will modify the AP ready to wear.

it's cool that the builder does not make EIB armor out of the box, it's also cool that he does not make

centurion armor out of the box.

I think it's because rising to the challenge of getting armor in the mail, and changing it, is what makes a person expert infantry

or centurion in the first place.

in the military it's the same way, they are all given the same tools, but it's how they modified or improved their use

of the tool

that's where the pride of ownership is earned!

my 2 cents.

Come on guys, lets not turn the OP's thread into this. Lets try and keep it constructive.

Right.

Kevin, I love that smile on your face, You must be happy and proud of your armor!

If you feel the need to get more out of it and improve it, we're here to help!

[Hatchet burying mode on]

I appreciate all of the comments and take no offense from criticism. Yes. It is true that the armor was ordered to fit me but I never expected it to be perfect out of the box. I will happily listen to comments and decide how I want to proceed. Thank you all for your input.

That armor is really great! I am very happy for you. I chose to build my own armor, but I can't tell you how tempted I am to drop the $ on some pre-fab. I have a few more months of building, sculpting and detailing before I can submit my app for troop membership. There are quite a few drama queens running thrue some of these threads. Sometimes I wish I was back in the army, where everything is dress-right-dress. I hope you enjoy every moment you have in your armor, and when the drama queens start screaming, just tap the clip on your bucket, lock-and-load and aim down-range! :duim:

Hey Kevin, loving your armour. AP is an excellent choice. You have a good headstart with the RTW. With a few mods you'll be EIB in no time if that's your wish.

Edited by bigironvault

• 2 weeks later...

That armor is really great! I am very happy for you. I chose to build my own armor, but I can't tell you how tempted I am to drop the $ on some pre-fab. I have a few more months of building, sculpting and detailing before I can submit my app for troop membership. There are quite a few drama queens running thrue some of these threads. Sometimes I wish I was back in the army, where everything is dress-right-dress. I hope you enjoy every moment you have in your armor, and when the drama queens start screaming, just tap the clip on your bucket, lock-and-load and aim down-range! :duim:

:blink: I think im glad your not still in the army.... :blink:

It's official!! I am approved. TK12421

A8F65C04-4034-4D12-A84C-345C941A8081-3531-0000034510DAD082.jpg

Congrats on getting approved! As noted pre-built armor is never perfect out of the box (speaking as someone who has gone this route multiple times), so I'm glad to see you didn't have that expectation. A few tweaks as suggested are always in the spirit of helping you look your best, and even if people build their own it takes several goes usually to iron out the kinks (as any GML can attest).

The big part is that you are enjoying your kit and have years ahead of you having fun trooping.

As for the snipes - you folks - and you know who they are - button it. You can create your own thread for venting else you know what the consequenes are.

Stay on target folks...and happy trooping.