My self contained Helmet (I-com included)

As of today, my helmet is COMPLETELY self contained. All the electronics are inside the helmet.

I formerly had an Akers with the wireless setup and an I-com. However the wireless was working on the same frequency as a fellow trooper, so his voice was coming through my chest! Needless to say I needed to make a change.

So I was able to find a fellow trooper selling a slightly used “TKVox NanoAmp Comm System with Hovi Tipsâ€, purchased from--------------

It is amazing to hear audio and static burst coming directly from the helmet! I was totally wowed! I can hardly wait to use this on my next troop!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I used to have the same setup with the nanoamp and hovi-speakers. Since then I've stopped using in favor of rom/fx and a speaker behind the chest. The added hassle of 1 small wire running under my neckseal to my helmet far outweighs the extra boost in volume.

Hey Steve, is there any way you could make a short video with you wearing the lid/using the system?

That totally rocks. And yeah, I would never be able to get my ego into that bucket! I can barely get it on with only one fan these days.

I have so many problems with mic/speaker systems I'm about to give up and resell my iComm and just go amp-less. It can probably be salvaged (my system) but it's becoming more trouble than it's worth. (It's not the iComm's fault, that's the only thing that DOES work consistently!)

I have the pico amp setup from that guy. Same setup, but smaller amp box, so might just try this.

Can you show how its all connected?

The pics pretty well lay it out Morton. It is an easy add on your your existing setup.

Your microphone goes into the mic in on the Icom, then the line out of the Icom goes into the mic in on your pico amp. The Icom is receiving power from your amp. I found the best placement for the Icom to be the the lower back of the helmet.

Edited by Sparrow

HEhe yeah I found out how silly my question was, after asking it :)

But its making a consatnt whining noise and everything is distorted. Dont think I can use it.

If you are using the pico amp, due to its small size it probably isn't generating enough juice for the Icom. That's to bad...