Advice on blasters

KO22

I am new to this and I would like to get get a blaster that will go with my ANH Syunt armor that I am working on. I would also like to keep the pricetag low as I am building on a budget, so I think that means I need to stick with either a hasbro rebuild or a resin e-11. I have been looking at the droopydoos kits on ebay and I came across a couple of resin auctions that look good to me. Please let me know what you think about these two auctions or offer any other advice that you may have!

I also will be looking for a holster soon, so any advice there would be welcome as well.

Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-E-11-Stormtrooper-Blaster-/330746592598?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d02087d56

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-ANH-STORMTROOPER-E11-RESIN-CAST-BLASTER-FULL-SIZE-REPLICA-/170857283048?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c7e33de8

I have thought about that but I think the cost would be close to the same as I would have to buy the parts and some of the tools which would cost quite a bit. I figure I could mod one of these if there was something I needed to change. I would like to qualify for EIB.

I would strongly suggest going with a doopy doo's kit. Trust me, it sounds like you are flirting with the thought of higher accuracy. For the same amount of time and money you could have a blaster that you could use for EIB AND Centurion if that is the route you eventually would choose. If you are gonna spend the money and the time...do it right...once. Just my $.02

I would strongly suggest going with a doopy doo's kit. Trust me, it sounds like you are flirting with the thought of higher accuracy. For the same amount of time and money you could have a blaster that you could use for EIB AND Centurion if that is the route you eventually would choose. If you are gonna spend the money and the time...do it right...once. Just my $.02

+5 on that, plus its fun to put together.

First blaster is definetly a ROTJ blaster.

The second one I am positive is a resin cast of a Master Replicas blaster with extra bits added. That weird lookig bolt is a dead give away ;)

thanks for all the advice about the blasters but that brings up another question. When it comes to building a doopy doos kit, is it better to get the full kit or do a pipe build with a doopy doos kit? I think I can make the pipe and the scope rail (I have seen some of the tutorials for these) but I am not big on making the details like the handle. I was also wondering where I could find the T-tracks that are needed for the barrel.

Thanks again!

I would say go for the complete kit and then when you feel more comfortable you could do a pipe build.

But really, the complete kit is awesome!

Absolutely go with the full resin kit. I actually did the Hasbro Conversion first, and i plan to do the pipe build later, But for accuracy, affordability and quality go for the Doopys. If you live in the US, buy from their eBay store for the easiest transaction...

My Doopys Build

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19500&hl=&fromsearch=1

• 1 month later...

Ok, I went through their ebay site and ordered the full kit. Now about 7 weeks later I still don't have the kit. I also have tried to contact their customer service both through ebay and their their own website and have gotten no response. Its only a couple of days past their estimated arrival time but, according to ebay, I need to file a complaint today.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has had similar problems and what your opinions are about filing a complaint. Right now I am leaning towards doing it to protect myself.

Ok, I went through their ebay site and ordered the full kit. Now about 7 weeks later I still don't have the kit. I also have tried to contact their customer service both through ebay and their their own website and have gotten no response. Its only a couple of days past their estimated arrival time but, according to ebay, I need to file a complaint today.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has had similar problems and what your opinions are about filing a complaint. Right now I am leaning towards doing it to protect myself.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, and definitely think you should file a complaint. But the next time maybe you should listen to the advice you are given.

I did, I placed the order directly to the doopy doo store through their own ebay store. I did not order the blasters that I originally inquired about. instead I followed the advice I was given by almost everyone who responded to this post.

I did, I placed the order directly to the doopy doo store through their own ebay store. I did not order the blasters that I originally inquired about. instead I followed the advice I was given by almost everyone who responded to this post.

I see. I thought you were talking about another maker. I'm sorry, I might have mistaken you for another member who ordered blasters off ebay. I should have checked out the links.

If Doopydoo is not shipping then we have a problem as many on here are dependent on them. I assume that you would prefer not to deal with them again, which I would understand. If you are in the US I would recommend hyperfirm as an alternative. A bit pricier, but light weight and near indestructible. You can see sales-threads in our for-sale forum from time to time, or talk to member "slavefive".

I'd still like to get the doopys kit as it is more affordable than the hyperfirm is (I did think about getting one of these). I was just wondering if this is a common problem with them. I would hate to file a complaint against them but I also have to protect my own butt and I don't want to just lose my money.

I got my doopy doos from their dedicated website, did not even know they had an ebay store. On the website it specifically says do not order from Ebay as there are a ton of cheap recasts.

Anyhoo I got mine about 3 weeks after I ordered it here in the US. I am amazed at the detail (I own a real sterling and also a Hyperfirm). I ordered the doopy before I was able to source the Hyperfirm I wanted to carry fro trooping (no way my real sterling will leave the house!) and by the time the doopy got here I already had the amazing hyperfirm, I think I could through the HF across the room with no worries. That being said the Doopies is ALOT more resilient seeming than other resin things I have had. I plan on turning my doopy into an ESB version once I can get the right greeblies.

As far as your original post, the first blaster is funny, its a sterling L2A3 (not the MGC copy of the Canadian C-1 Sterling), with ANH t-track and scope, but with ROTJ greeblies... maybe someone wanted to showcase the transition blaster from ANH to ROTJ that somehow skipped ESB...

Edited by rhapsodyred99

I'd still like to get the doopys kit as it is more affordable than the hyperfirm is (I did think about getting one of these). I was just wondering if this is a common problem with them. I would hate to file a complaint against them but I also have to protect my own butt and I don't want to just lose my money.

We know that they can be hard to get in touch with via email, but their deliveries have as long as I know been reliable.

Do you have an receipt ID number or something unique to that sale on ebay? I could try to call them tomorrow (a first for me, but I'm almost in their timezone) and I could hopefully ask them what's up. You can PM me if you want.