Idea for "SuperTrooper" armor costume: VOTE!

bluehickey

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the idea of a "SuperTrooper" costume?

• Love it.
    • Hate it.
    • I can't make up my mind.

I was thinking about the recent Spiderman and Captain America stormtrooper incarnations as seen here:

superarmor.png

I was thinking about what it would be like to mix Superman with a Stormtrooper. I took a photo of me in my armor and colored on top of it just to get a feel for what it would look like. What do you think? Vote above.

supertrooper_test.png

Edited by bluehickey

Now I wanna go make a Green Lantern Stormtrooper :smiley-sw013:

" In brighest day, in blackest night, no Jedi shall escape my sight, let those who worship the Jedi's light, beware my power Green Troopers might" :trooper:

There already is a "supertrooper", a Boba Fett prototype. ;)

1_supertrooper.jpg

But I see what you mean. :P

tn_4.jpg

that was my expression after seeing that 'boba fett'.. is that legion approved? I'D LOVE to do that one, it looks so sick

I love it! The red helmet might be too much red, though. I know it sounds boring, but maybe leave the helmet white. Or do yellow. Or somehow combine the red blue and yellow?

I did it first with just the white helmet and it just stood out too much against the other colors, then I decided red for the helmet would be best since the emblem on the chest has a red helmet on it!

I think you should forgo the thighs and just wear blue tights and shins... with the red codpiece and yellow belt you'd really seem like superman. Either way the blue undersuit is a must. I agree the helmet would need something. Maybe the superman S on the front or top of the helmet? Your cape would need to be huge and flowing to get the full effect. In fact any costume with a cape is awesome.... stormtroopers need capes.

Wolverine seems like a fun idea. The yellow outfit of course. Magneto would be cool to paint if I had skills. Or even the blue and yellow Xmen uniforms. You could get red lenses and do Cyclops. Marv is onto something with Dr. Doom because you wouldn't actually need torso parts with his cloak thing. Just silver arms, legs and a bucket (boy do I like that idea) If I could find a TX that fit me I would consider an old school venom.

I really like this Doom idea of Marv's tho.

Aloha,

-Eric

tn_4.jpg

that was my expression after seeing that 'boba fett'.. is that legion approved? I'D LOVE to do that one, it looks so sick

Unfortunately I don't think it is. But there's a lot of stuff missing for boba in the legion, there's not even a CRL yet (which is understandable considering the amount of detail in the costume) so maybe one day it will be approvable. I know there's a guy in Germany who has a supertrooper costume. All you need though is lots of cash or spare time and head over to www.thedentedhelmet.com

Nice.. another detachment to spend time in. I'll probably start getting it all together once I complete my biker scout.. I'm completely interested in this super trooper so I'll probably start digging around and get to know boba's costume better (esb and rotj look exactly the same to my eye at this moment, let's hope that changes in the future). Anyway, thanks mathias! :)

sorry for getting off-topic.. as you were guys :P

I think yellow detailing - tube stripes, traps, and especially the brow trim would compliment the yellow on the belt nicely.

How will you do the emblem logo on the jagged surfaces of the chestpiece?

I think yellow detailing - tube stripes, traps, and especially the brow trim would compliment the yellow on the belt nicely.

How will you do the emblem logo on the jagged surfaces of the chestpiece?

I was planning on getting the logo printed up on colored vinyl and applying it directly to the chest armor, but was wondering how it would look with the contours of the chest. I could stick the logo on something flat and then glue that onto the front of the chest piece.