New member costume

Jartog

Hey everyone im looking for an outfit for storm trooper and i want to join the 501st. And im looking for a kit that could eventually be accepted by the 501st here are a few links i found. Tell me what you think of them

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-ABS-Armor-Kit-not-Stormtrooper-Sandtrooper-/230641356641?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b34bcf61

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Stormtrooper-Armour-Prop-Kit-/290583442918?pt=AU_Movie_Memorabilia&hash=item43a81f75e6

Thanks for your input

Jared

stay away from E-Bay.

Best to buy from folks on here, you'll get better stuff at a better price. Find your local Garrison, and they'll be happy to help you out!

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11538

Looks like it, yes.

But why buy a recast when you can buy the armors from the armor makers themselves and best quality? Also lots of other armor types ;) Don't get too desperate.. patience and research is the key here

Listen to the guy's about research, I got stung on EBAY and bought a sub standard set of armour and bought a second set which I've just finished.

There are loads of contacts on here you can talk to and get advice from. Decide what kind of trooper you want to be, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, Stunt, Hero...etc. Then find out which armour will best suit you Are you tall, short, thin as a rake or more like me ;0)

spending a bit of time now may save you money and heartache in the long run. Nearly all the best armour is sold on here, which makes sense really doesn't it.

From experienced troopers to newbies.. all of us were about to or did buy an armor from eBay. You should never trust the pictures in the sale.. I remember one sale that had a picture of an FX kit sitting on a floor, the next picture the seller put up was from an accurate set of armor (maybe tm? dunno), labeled it "Stormtrooper" and the price was insanely high.

I just found a guy through a thread on here his email is "troopergear@gmail.com" he sells a full kit for $590 has anyone gone through him this is the email i got from him

Jared,

Thanks so much for the email. Here is some information for you, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your interest in Armor Master "AM" armor kits Here is a breakdown of the kit contents / pricing. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. please email me with your zip code or country so shipping costs can be determined.

PRICING: White Armor

FULL Kit: $590 + shipping

LITE Kit: $485 + shipping

FULL KITS –Includes ALL body armor pieces, ABS cement, ABS polish, Instructions, and an Original FX helmet kit with a re-shaped dome and all elastic straps for assembly with hook Velcro sewn. (note: sticky back velcro will be required and is not included). Also includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different versions, and three different sets of hand plates for different versions. This helmet features both blue and black tube stripe options.

LITE KITS –Includes ALL body armor pieces, Instructions, and all elastic straps for assembly with hook Velcro sewn. (note: sticky back Velcro required but not included). LITE kits do NOT include ABS cement, ABS polish, or Helmet kit. Also includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different versions, and three different sets of hand plates for different versions.

MISC ARMOR INFO: ALL pieces are vac-formed from high gloss .090 ABS plastic, then trimmed and sanded, wrapped and packed for shipping. Custom-machined ab plate buttons are now also included. They are exactly 7/16 of an inch across the face. These buttons are designed to be VERY authentic, meet 501st Legion standards, and are unpainted to allow troopers to choose their own color scheme.

PICTURES:

http://photobucket.com/albums/m534/Troopergear/Troopergear/

-Trooper Gear

Hi Jared, Stay away from ebay, all you will find there is inferior recast or someone's second hand busted up stuff that they used for Halloween and now are trying to get rid of.

ebayscumandvillainy.jpg

Also, stay away from stormtrooper-costumes.com, and starfortressproductions.com, bad product, unscrupulous characters, etc. And, stay away from the Rubies "Supreme" Stormtrooper costume. Rubies is just an expensive Halloween costume and will take a lot of work, a new helmet and quite a bit of money to get it up to 501st standards.

Just stick to the armor makers on this list at this link: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11538

(Great price, great service) kits start around $400. USD + S&H

If you need advice on which armor will be best for you (body type, the pros and cons of each kit) then may I suggest starting a new topic (maybe titled: "Need advice on which armor kit to buy") in the Hard Armor (Discussion) area. Give your Height/body type and what you are looking for in your armor eg. The materials (HIPS vs. ABS) screen linage, or fan sculpted, your budget etc.... I know that the members here will give you a ton of helpful info to help you find the best kit for you.

:dancing-trooper:

The one thing about buying someone elses used suit (already assembled) is that it was put together to fit that person's body type and you may have to modify it to fit you eg. having to disassemble a part or parts of the armor and add shims or to remove/cut down the part to fit you better. Sometimes you are better off starting from scratch with a new kit so you make sure all the parts fit you without any major headaches... If you want my input, I would buy a new kit. ;)

I'm recommending ATA as well. The first auction as stated earlier is a trustworthy seller. The second auction is for a fiberglass recast. Stay away from that one for sure. Fiberglass is usually a dead give away for an inferior product. All of your better quality kits come in either ABS or HIPS. There are a few good fiberglass helmets available such as the SFS fiberglass bucket but usually fiberglass means its a ripoff.

Check out This place, the abc´s & 123`s of armor.

Armor 101

Edited by TK-2126_MD

• 2 weeks later...

Grab a suit of ATA and a MTK helmet and you can have an EIB eligible suit for around $700* which is CRAZY cheap

*You still need to buy E6000 glue, straps, undersuit, boots, gloves, etc. Putting the suit under $1000 for everything if you don't find any deals (which if you take your time you will), but that's still an amazing deal. Everything except under suits can be found on this site also btw ;) check out trooperbay.

Edited by MiDri