What made you pick your TK number

tk7713gra30

i picked mine 6533 because the first letter of my soon to be wifes first and last name are M and L, on a key pad are 6 and 5. my name is dustin downs, so on a key pad it's 3 and 3... the funny thing is actually, it was her idea. i asked her to come up with a 4 digit number that had some sort of sentimental value but wouldnt tell her why or what for. after a few lame attempts she came up with 3365. when she told me what it stood for i thought it was really sweet/cute. but then i changed it from 3365 to 6533 because i always put her first. :P corny as it may be, that's my story biggrin.gif lol. great thread idea bro. i love these types of stories

All of my internet identities are either davej, or davej351. The 351C is for the finest motor car engine ever produced, the Ford 351 Cleveland. I've owned a few in my time, and I love them :)

Legion ID 351 was taken, so I added an 8 to the front of it.

8351, signing out...

Edited by davej

Mine is TK9299. I picked 9 because it's eighteen divided by two. 2 because it's one less than three. Another 9 because it's what you get if you add four to five. And finally another 9 because upside down it would be six. :lol:

and there's three nines... so you've got 2,3,4,5,6 in the mix hidden in your ID. :P haha

Edited by Eric

My cousin first told me about a band she really liked called 42 but written "4D2" right after I started reading the HHGTTG. So immediately I was fascinated with the number 42. Naturally, I started to see it everywhere. Order numbers at a restaurant, clock out times at jobs, scores in games, receipts, etc. Eventually, a friend of mine asked me to go to the movies with her (I didn't realize it, but that was our first date) on 03.14 (3X14=), and after a few dates, I found out her employee number was 42, and then it showed up everywhere for us. We got married last year and Disney rescheduled it on us; naturally we wanted 3.14, but they ended up giving us the 29th (03+29+10).

So, I had to get 42 in there somehow, even if it was just with a 6x7, or 3x14 or even a 41+1, so I looked at all the options, narrowed it down, and while it wasn't the first of the choices I submitted, I got one of them. In this case I was born in June, and her birthday is the 7th...

TK-6427

I took the last 4 numbers from my Dog training Mentor's phone # that's been the same since the beginning of time itself. He has treated me like his own son (& sometimes better) since he first took me under his wing over 13 years ago... I thought it was a nice way to honor him & since its for life I will carry it, like his teachings until the end...

There seems to be a personal path in every TK number decision.

And a lot of memories, from what I can see, it is nice now seeing threads and actually being able to read this, it sort of lets you partly know them more than a number.

Thanks for all that posted and post

Best wishes, all really nice posts and I have read them all

Even the credit card numbers :-)

THANKYOU

Gra

Edited by tk7713gra30

Too bad. My favorites are already taken: 5475 and 1701. Both are Star Trek related tongue.gif

Karin,

Just picked myself up. :blink:

My wife and I watched Fanboys the other night.

Cath-my wife, couldn't stop laughing. I never thought you as a Trek Fan though.

I did not insult.

But, shock, horror

:-)

My best wishes though

As long as you are on here :D

For me, year I was born (72) then the day (8) and then the month (7). I had wanted 7872 but it was already taken so I figured this made the most sense of what was remaining.

I can post my story now... :dancing-trooper:

Jim that is just what I did with my late father's birthday. 5/3/40 became 4053. I picked that number and was on pins and needles hoping I'd get it. My dad was the one who took me and my sister to see Star Wars back in 1977. It made such an impression on him that after his death when I was going through his journals I discovered he had devoted two full pages to the movie and his impressions of it. So when I went looking for TKID numbers and 5340 was already taken I found 4053. It is close enough, and now I'll always have that number to remind me of my dad who was a closet star wars fan until his death. If he was still alive I'd be putting him in a Vader costume...he was a little tall (6'5") for a stormtrooper.

That's the story behind my TKID.

... I picked that number and was on pins and needles hoping I'd get it. My dad was the one who took me and my sister to see Star Wars back in 1977. It made such an impression on him that after his death when I was going through his journals I discovered he had devoted two full pages to the movie and his impressions of it. So when I went looking for TKID numbers and 5340 was already taken I found 4053. It is close enough, and now I'll always have that number to remind me of my dad who was a closet star wars fan until his death. If he was still alive I'd be putting him in a Vader costume...he was a little tall (6'5") for a stormtrooper.

That's the story behind my TKID.

Oh, THAT is awesome!

As I said before, many personl reasons, and it is nice to know a little behind the number.

Thanks to all that have posted, I keep reading it and now I relate ( and maybe oters will) to our posts.

My best wishes

Hope we can get a few more, would be a shame for this to fall a few pages back as people have opened hearts.

Take care all

Graham

Edited by tk7713gra30

I have been a 501st member for 11 year now.

Most numbers was there to pick back then.

I remember i want a low number, like the TK-421 in ANH.

And at the same time a number easy to remember, for other people.

So i pick TD-252.

I like the sounds of it, the 2 two times there.

Now many years later, i´m a bit proud to have a low number as well.

Bercause it shows you are a old school member :)

I have been a 501st member for 11 year now.

Most numbers was there to pick back then.

I remember i want a low number, like the TK-421 in ANH.

And at the same time a number easy to remember, for other people.

So i pick TD-252.

I like the sounds of it, the 2 two times there.

Now many years later, i´m a bit proud to have a low number as well.

Bercause it shows you are a old school member :)

It's the same now for all those serving, forces or TK.

I once had a high number and was coffee maker :D , now 23 years later I get my coffees made, I buy the biscuits sometimes

Old School ;)

Can we have the newest forum member making the wets (joking)

best wishes :P

Great to read others stories here. I'm shallow in comparison. I just wanted a catchy and easy number to remember.

Don't feel shallow, because that means that I too should feel shallow because I just wanted something that sounded cool because I couldn't come up with a number with any significance for me. I just liked how "thirty-thirty four" sounded.

It is not easy to find a unused number that means something to you. I was blessed in that my wedding day was 6/2/1994. Since there is nothing more important to me then my Wife and kids, TK6294 was a natural pick. As an added benefit, i won't forget my wedding anniversary. At least I don't have a good excuse if do. When my wife joined she took TB6295 to be right next to me.

I do wish sometimes that i would have used a more meaningfully forum name then my TK number. it is kind of hard to keep track of everyone if they only use numbers, :rolleyes: