Stunt vs Hero

I was about to post on this in another thread, but instead of hijacking I'd like to see if anyone else has though about this. To me, the stunt helmet is "the" Stormtrooper helmet. The hero features so rarely and I'm too young to have been baffled by ANH when it first came out. My question is whether or not anyone prefer the hero helmet to the stunt one, and if so, why?

For me, the stunt is also "the" helmet. Because you see them more often.

But once you have one helmet you'll have to urge to own all of them

ANH hero

ANH stunt

ANH sandie

ESB

ROTJ death star

ROTJ Endor

oh, and some clean and chipped versions

maybe a trooping lid

and so on

What's the difference between Endor and Death Star ROTJ? Weathering?

Yup!

I don't think there are two types of ROTJ helmet. There is one ESB helmet on the Ewok drum kit but that's it. All the rest are the same apart from some have flat lense while others are bubbled.

How dare them furey little F....... use that ESB helmet as a drum , use all ROTJ helmets as drums :lol: as from that you can guess my fav is the stunt helmet, but those ROTJ are growing on me :)

It all started for me with just buying a stunt. Then I wanted them all. The hero helmet is my gf's favorite. She said something is eye catching from that lid. I love the stunt. Just looks mean.

10 helmets and counting. I still need a rotj lid to finish my collection. But when are we ever finished?

:huh: What is a stormtrooper?? :lol:

All kidding aside, it's like the old saying about potato chips "You can't eat just one" the same thing applies to armor, you can never have just one.....

Just do the verison you like the best first (Stunt or Hero), and I bet you that you'll get the itch to do another...

As for the original ROTJ helmets, there are variances other than the battle weathering of Endor. These include: the way the frown edge was painted, some had bubble lens and some of the background ones had flat lens. Also, variances in the ears shape, also the the center ear ridge, there were some ROTJs that had four bumps and some ROTJs that had three.

There has been some suggestions that there were two different molds made for the ROTJ's.

ROTJears.jpg

Side-by-side comparisons from SWH:

Jedi-Helmets-nine_sm.jpg

The one with the blue is an ROTJ and the red is ESB MKII. Two different helmets from two different films.

Take a look at this:

Looks to me, the "MKII" was in the ROTJ as well. ;) Have a look:

ROTJearvariance2.jpg

ROTJearvariance1.jpg

Edited by RogueTrooper

TM is right, no square frowns show up in ROTJ, except that my square frown helmet came from the set of ROTJ. It may not have been used and as it was given to a young boy (whose family had connections in the business). It could have been a spare backup helmet or deep background, but there is zero evidence it was used in the film. The visit was documented in a Star Wars Insider article.

But TE's helmet is detailed like a screen used helmet but had the ANH style ears.

Dave_Mandell_RotJ_47.jpg

Dave_Mandell_RotJ_46.jpg

DM Wearing the Screen style finished helmet with the ANH/ESB ears

Dave_Mandell_RotJ_18.jpg

The whiter helmet at the front is from the 911 Charity auction and has a LFL COA with it, it is the same shape as my helmet, whereas the TE original and replica are much fatter in the face with the ANH/ESB ears. Weird...

Dave_Mandell_RotJ_02.jpg

I don't think we can be sure of anything with any certainty, the mixed and matched all sorts.

Joe

Edited by JoeR

For me and just for me;

Stunt is the best, it has his own and real soul within, is more imposing, it has more presence, it has more personality, it has a more intense look than the hero does.

Like you mentioned; stunt helmet is "the" Stormtrooper helmet.

Again, this is only my opinion. ;)

• 2 months later...

I agree also- Stunt rules. In the shots where you can see both side-by-side, the Hero lid looks very dodgy IMO.

I think the ESB actually looks meaner again, but the RotJ loses it for me- that frown makes them look like they're wearing lipstick!

this is a tough one!

i've got 2 hero lids, one stunt, a TD, and an ESB (and plenty of room for lots more ;))

in all honesty, i like them all. I currently troop in hero, but must concede that the stunt is the archetypal image

but hey, as long as it's a lid, all white and shiny, and no matter how much i don't actually really need it, i'll have it :D

I have both the hero and stunt versions built so I can choose.

soon I'll be upgrading my hero lid from a fully modded MRCE with 3 bump ears and complete mods.

then perhaps I shall sell my original hero lid.