Ata or Te?

I have been in contact with matt and he seems like a good guy and his armor looks great but i understand there has been many problems with shipping i was going to meet him in person since he lives close to me to do the exchange he was asking 500 and ata is only 380 which route should i go,which is more durable?

-Connor :dancing-trooper:

Agree but if he lives close to you then he can't mess you about?

See if you can half now and half when you collect it?

Ā 

Or if you can't see any difference between ATA and TE then just get the ATA :)

Edited by john danter

your best bet would be to stick with sellers on this list

-----------

if a seller is not on this list, there is most likely a good reason

Ā 

i would go with ATA ;) it is a fine kit

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Stay away from Matt Gauthier A.K.A. T*E......

Ā 

Ā 

Look into one of the armor vendors here that have a good reputation! :duim::salute:

Stay away from Matt Gauthier A.K.A. T*E......

Ā 

Ā 

Look into one of the armor vendors here that have a good reputation! :duim::salute:

Tell him hi from Graham UK, and thanks for robbing me of ƂĀ£700 for a helmet that was sold as a lie.

Ā 

If you get the goods before you pay cash, and check them, then good on you mate and go for it.

Ā 

And make sure you work out the costs before agreeeing to the price, he doubles/ triples and more the true value of his stuff.

Ā 

Other than that stay well away from this robbing git.

Ā 

I will buy a TE2 next, and I will neve r deal with Matt again

Ā 

Regards

Tell him hi from Graham UK, and thanks for robbing me of ƂĀ£700 for a helmet that was sold as a lie.

Ā 

If you get the goods before you pay cash, and check them, then good on you mate and go for it.

Ā 

And make sure you work out the costs before agreeeing to the price, he doubles/ triples and more the true value of his stuff.

Ā 

Other than that stay well away from this robbing git.

Ā 

I will buy a TE2 next, and I will neve r deal with Matt again

Ā 

Regards

i see... ok im leaning towards ata hows the durability?

It is your investment and money. I have heard both sides and if you feel you can get what you pay for. Quality. I know many dislike matt. he ruined his rep here. I was fortunate and the quality was excellent of Matt's armor. I feel sad for those who did not get armor. since you are under age, please ask your parent for advice as well..

Not true Steve - the armor is the same size and ATA reworks the molds continuously to improve them. That one helmet comparison was from an ATA test pull anyway, and if you compare recent pulls the reality is that there is more variation pull to pull than between molds.

Ā 

The other fact is that while they are all TE derived originally, they are not identical and one of the key goals for next year is to create visual guides that show the differences in parts, similar to how Terry created the sandtrooper comparison pictures.

Size wise, the helmets are very close in dimensions - practically the same. I have owned several makes of helmets now, and it comes down more to construction. You can easily make a helmet fit larger or smaller depending on how it's assembled.

My take on HIPS vs. ABS.

Ā 

In raw strength, I don't find them any different. HIPS tears along cracks more readily than ABS though. So, if you get a small crack in the armor it will rip in half, where ABS will hold its own for longer. So, as long as you are good about caring for the armor, HIPS is fine.

Ā 

I've worn my HIPS clone suit about 35 times or so and have had no in the field breakages.

Ā 

My ATA stormy has only come out of the house 3 times now I think, so it's still in great shape.

If your mind is made up for TE or ATA, then get the ATA. TE is untrustworthy. I had a couple of test pull ATA buckets when they first came out and was very pleased with the quality. I must say though that my new favorite bucket is the CAP-W.

I am in the process of assembling an ATA kit. It's my first set of armor and I couldn't be more pleased. He doesn't take your money until the armor is made, so it's at your door a couple of weeks (or sooner depending on location) after you pay him. Great businessman and a great product. He also has a website set up for ATA owners where you can get help assembling if you need it.