Passing the torch - and the hat

Daetrin

Torch Passed

Earlier this month we moved FISD off of my personal web host account over to the one that BSN & CTN are on. What this means is that while I still own the domain and licenses, Chris & Greg will now shoulder the cost of hosting the site.

Hat Passed

To date I've received $185 in donations for this site, which leaves me at a deficit of $190 out of my own pocket.

14 people to date have sponsored the site (you'll notice the little "Supporter" extra bit in their group name). I'd like to ask that a few more folks step up and help fund the operation of this site. What do you get out of it? Aside from a nice warm fuzzy of helping maintain the site you use, you're group title gets that green extra bit that says you're special ;-) Also, you get a larger PM quota and access to the Supporters only area of the site.

To make a donation, just go to your controls and in the left side of the page under Options is a link for "Purchase Paid Subscriptions".

Thanks All!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, we'll even throw in a @whitearmor.net email address for ya, if you're a 501st member! (Just don't use it for spam or signing up to webpages that ask for your email, please keep it for official communication between 501st members, and the like).

Me (V'Pier aka Trooper 5118 aka Greg ) from Clonetroopers.net and ArmyScout aka Trooper 111 aka Chris from BikerScout.net will take the costs of hosting off FISD till January when we'll pay up front for another year or possibly upgrade to a bigger hosting package to handle the load of CTN, BSN and now FISD. We'll see when the time comes, but between the three detachments, it will be very cost effective for everyone.

But come on folks, help Daetrin out, he's done a lot to make this Detachment a reality and we should take care of the ones who take care of you :)

Other than that, I shall quote Agent K from MiB....."We'll take it from here!" ::: puts raybans on ::: B)

Thanks CHEFHAWK, we always appreciate the support of our members who make it possible for everyone to be a part of this great detachment :)

::: SNAPS TO ATTENTION AND SALUTES :::

Yes! this site is an EXTREEMLY valuable tool, and it is a shame that there are so few of us who actually financially "support" it...I wouldnt like to see this finacial burden fall onto the shoulders of a hand full of us :unsure: especially when there are so many registered users :unsure:

Thanks to everyone of you amazing people who have contributed so far! I'm sure Daetrin greatly appreciates it! and so do all the staff at FISD!

::: Trooper Group Hug :::

Like Chef Hawk said "I dont normally do this kind of thing." My hard earn money usually goes to my family, specially my two boys, but you guys do such a great job one educating and helping newbies such as myself that I (we all) should go beyond just reading the article and other members comment. I'm not a 501st member yet, but I'm working slowly but, very hard on my armor. I am a very proud member of The First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment and a BIG Star Wars fan. Thanks to all the staff that runs this site, all the members that gives comments and support and a special thanks to Mr. Vader and Chefhawk.

MTFBWY... all

-George

Just pp'd for platinum subscription. Heck, it's cheaper than taking paul to dinner.

I'd rather eat a home cooked meal at your place - better food and ambiance IMHO. :)

I'll commit to posting an updated accounting in the Supporters forum later today.

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much guys - was confusing as the emails didn't match but I think I got it sorted.

My hat's off to you!

• 3 weeks later...