Doopydoo's Hasbro Kit - New Pieces!?

Jorran

I was pleasantly surprised when I got home tonight and my Doopydoo Hasbro conversion kit was waiting for me. I've read enough Doopy threads here that I had a pretty good idea what to expect (i.e., front muzzle, stock, etc.). I didn't expect to find a piece of paper that started with "You have been selected at random to receive one of the new trial kits..." :o

Here is a shot of the new pieces (I know you can get the decals elsewhere, and I didn't put any picture of the standard pieces since those are unchanged) - scope front end, reticle decal, 2 t-tracks, and rear sling detail:

5031068425_ef8ff42cdc_b.jpg

And here are a few pictures of the pieces in position (I apologize in advance for the fuzzy pictures - our camera is approaching AARP status).

First, the new scope from the front:

5031685730_6a2f5f193f_b.jpg

The new scope from the side:

5031685904_428d7390f3_b.jpg

One of the t-tracks in position:

5031141207_7e6462968e_b.jpg

Rear sling detail:

5031141341_c60fffabe3_b.jpg

My little boy instinct keeps screaming, "HURRY, GLUE EVERYTHING ON, MAKE IT COOL!!!!" But I wanted to get the opinion of you experts first. How do these pieces stack up to the real thing? I like the look of the front scope detail and do plan on going with that. I had purchased some metal wire to make my own d-ring, but the new piece that came in this kit is all together, so I'm probably going to have to stick with that.

My main concern is the t-track. Can you heat up resin to bend it down into the holes (I've never worked with resin before), or will this pass if I just glue it on as-is?

The only major problem with these new pieces is that one of the t-tracks is about 1/4" shorter than the other. Let me know your thoughts - I'm excited to get started.

you should not try to bend the T Tracks.

I think the new mods are a great sign that doopy do's cares about accuracy!

terry has some great build threads for hasbro's... check em out.

So not fair! I just rec'd mine about two weeks ago and made my T tracks from scratch! :P

I actually just finished cutting mine from scratch, too. I might still use them, unless they send me another t-track (since one was 1/4" shorter than the other).

damn! That is putting out of business with my d-rings-----------

j/k... Look like they visit our board from time to time. It is a cool update for more accuracy. Maybe they should sell these parts as an add-on.

Karin

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I just bought a Hasbro last night (don't want to risk my itchynuts blaster getting damaged) and will be ordering a DoopyDoo's kit pretty soon. This is great news! :D

I got the exact same extras in my kit that I received in the mail yesterday! I was thrilled, since I couldn't find T-track anywhere! And the scope looks so much better!

I got the exact same extras in my kit that I received in the mail yesterday! I was thrilled, since I couldn't find T-track anywhere! And the scope looks so much better!

Were your t-tracks the same length? One of mine was 1/4" shorter than the other. Doesn't sound like much, but it doesn't make it to the last vent hole.

damn! That is putting out of business with my d-rings biggrin.gif

j/k... Look like they visit our board from time to time. It is a cool update for more accuracy. Maybe they should sell these parts as an add-on.

Karin

Any idea on shipping info? My blaster's done, just waiting on the ring. Please let me know.

Were your t-tracks the same length? One of mine was 1/4" shorter than the other. Doesn't sound like much, but it doesn't make it to the last vent hole.

Actually, let me follow up here and get the expert opinion from you guys. Casey wrote back regarding the one t-track being shorter than the other and said they did that to make it screen accurate - that the last vent hole (closest to the end of the muzzle) on the right side of the blaster should be open. Does that sound right?

**Edit**

Upon further inspection I see what they did. On the actual movie prop the little vent howl cowling on the right side faces the opposite direction of what is on the Hasbro toy, and that vent hole should remain open for accuracy.

Edited by Jorran

• 1 month later...

Heres a quick pick of my old real sterling

----------

And I doubt you can bend that resin so please don't try :)

Doopydoos kit is good enough for what it's meant to be doing, but I always try and nudge people down the PVC pipe and glued on parts line. Only a little more effort needed (the drill holes etc) and you're done

When you spray and weather that up, it should be fine and will let you get cleared :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working