Stormtrooper Suit & Helmet Surfaces

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit should go to Joe for this find & I hope it's ok to share? but I thought it had a place posting on this forum.

http://www.thepropblog.com/2010/09/14/newly-found-star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-stormtrooper-suit-helmet-surfaces/

if not please delete..

Technically credit should go to Colin Brown of the UKG.

He brought this to our attention a few weeks ago having got into the conversation with the owner who discovered it. He posted up pics of the suit in detail ( but asked for it to be kept on the quiet at the time) and asked about its authenticity.

Sadly within 48 hours the pics were removed at the owners request, appears he did not appreciate the help being offered to him. :rolleyes:

Most notable was the strapping system on show, which pretty much conclusivley proves that TM's new/old strapping system IS the accurate way to go.

Actually we knew about this a long time before it was posted on the UKG. ;) Thanks to a friend who will remain nameless. A number of 'jokers' were suggesting contacting LFL. :rolleyes: The guy who posted it to the UKG forums ruined it for everyone, as it probably wouldn't have been so prominent before that.

The issue now is that a simple google search and any owners will realise the value of these items, and their are collectors out there that are willing to offer hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Joe

Edited by JoeR

With the greatest respect Joe I think it is more than a little unfair to suggest that Colin ruined this for everyone. Colin , although not a member here to my knowledge, adopted the 'troopers helping troopers' and shared his find with like minded individuals in order to try and help move this hobby forward. It became quite apparant that the owner was well aware of what he had and in fact was using Colin to test the water but it somewhat backfired on him. Colin in his niaviety had little idea of the importance of posting these pics or the value of their content and did so with nothing but the best intentions.

With the greatest respect Joe I think it is more than a little unfair to suggest that Colin ruined this for everyone. Colin , although not a member here to my knowledge, adopted the 'troopers helping troopers' and shared his find with like minded individuals in order to try and help move this hobby forward. It became quite apparant that the owner was well aware of what he had and in fact was using Colin to test the water but it somewhat backfired on him. Colin in his niaviety had little idea of the importance of posting these pics or the value of their content and did so with nothing but the best intentions.

Fair point Gary, I didn't mean to be harsh but these things have to be treated delicately behind closed doors, well if you want to secure them without paying a fortune. I know this from experience.

Anyway spilt milk now. What is good is that the pictures can help with our quest for movie accurate suits.

Joe

What is good is that the pictures can help with our quest for movie accurate suits.

Joe

My suit is certainly making the most of the recent pictures showing the shocking condition of some of the original suits.... :D

great stuff! :D is there any chance of getting more pics?

Maybe if we ask the guy's from the UKG, if there were more pic's originally posted someone may have right clicked & saved? & then be willing to share :huh:

or maybe even the one's who were aware of the suit before it became public might have pics too? Regardless It's certainly nice to see stuff like this still being found.

My suit is certainly making the most of the recent pictures showing the shocking condition of some of the original suits.... :D

Yes Mark your armour will be in that condition if you continue to drop it and throgh it around :D just seen the video of you and Pete, you wash i dry , very nice and very amusing mate :lol: , see you soon.

Just 30 rolls of sellotape stuck on the inside then peeled off leaving the residue and some random colour splashes here and there, oh and lets not forget the cod held together with electrical tape, just to make it movie suit accurate, lol :lol:

Rob

Mark-FBJ as been searching for some 'accurate' looking black electrical tape ever since he saw these pictures the other week. <_<

If anyone knows where to get some, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T TELL HIM!!! :rolleyes:

:D

• 3 weeks later...

I think the armour could be one of these in the background, though the helmet in the comparison is the one in the foreground.

poster_enhanced02.jpg

It's not going to be too hard to track down the exact helmet and armour. The Sandtrooper 3 button strip and the rivets suggesting ribbed shoulder straps point to these suits in the photo above. Note the Sandtrooper knee plate and missing ab buttons on the guy behind Vader?

The helmet I have used in the comparison is not an exact match, but it is possible the owner did some trimming to 'clean up' the helmet when he removed the paint. Any flashing could have easily been trimmed away. Just a thought anyway and I am not saying it 'is' this helmet in the comparison.