Sleeping problems

Sonnenschein

For the last couple of days, I experienced heavy sleeping problems. (It's 3:45 am here right now)

I don't know why. My life's good, no problems, nothing on my mind.

Anyone else here? Is there some kind of remedy? Drinking a glass of prosecco (= sparkling white wine) did not help....

Karin

(who is finally on vaccation right now...)

Do some intensive exercise about an hour before you go to sleep then stop all activity like TV, etc. around 30 mins. before you want to go to sleep.

My GF has terrible insomnia. She ends up just having to exhaust herself with exercise or walking or working just to get herself to sleep.

Do some intensive exercise about an hour before you go to sleep then stop all activity like TV, etc. around 30 mins. before you want to go to sleep.

My GF has terrible insomnia. She ends up just having to exhaust herself with exercise or walking or working just to get herself to sleep.

Thanks, Martin! I'll try that.... tomorrow...lol

I ususally don't have trouble sleeping-- just for the last couple of days...

Karin

For me it's harder to fall asleep or sleep well when it's more light. We have huge difference between winter and summer regarding the amount of light (here in Finland). Also if I do heavy exercise just before bed time, it's harder to fall asleep. But usually when I have troubles sleeping, it's typically stress-related...

• 7 months later...

Forgive me, your majesty. I can't help you...... because Myself wake up at 4:00am almost everyday since 2010.....i don't know the reason either.....

The most common reason for sleep problems like that (as mentioned) is lack of regular exercise. Remember, one hour of exercise per day is worth more to the body than one hour of sleep.

Another contributing factor is alcohol, especially those that have a drink more than 3 times per week.

One last thing I would look at is Yoga (even if you're already exercising) It's excellent at creating mindfulness and self awareness.

Hope it gets better!

Being a competitive cyclist, I can say with knowledge and experience that doing too much exercise will wake you up at night, sadly.

You're body becomes stressed, breaks down too many proteins in a bid to fix itself whilst you're at rest, your bladder fills up....you wake up wanting a pee.

It's a clue we use to note when you're overtraining your body too much

Agreed exercise is great, but too much is bad.

I don't sleep well, I find a good diet and exercise really helps. Also no tea or coffee after about 4pm or 5pm. If all else fails getting completely smashed helps as well! :D

I find if I drink a lot, I drop off pretty sharpish but I'm awake again in the early hours and can't get back to sleep. Just like last night. :lol::rolleyes:

You should be able to pick up some Melatonin (at least her in the US you can). It makes you drowsy and it's over the counter, at most grocery stores. Not garunteed to make you sleep but it helps if you don't have prescription meds.

melatonin helps and can be great, but for me... i find that if i dont fall asleep when taking it within about 30 min, i'll be up for hours. what i do (bare with me, it's a lil unorthodox. lol) i put about 12 drops of ether in a shot glass and fill with water. it'll eliminate any cough that might bother you, helps with any bronchial infection and helps you sleep... but the first few times take only like 6 or so drops until you know about how much your body needs to sleep. if you take too much it can mess with you in the morning. lol :P

I get a couple bouts of insomnia that last a couple weeks each a few times a year. I find the best thing is a light snack an hours before bed and doing a complete stretching routine before bed. Don't know why stretching works but it actually works quite well for me.

well..I think my problem is exercise too much.......i'm a warehouseman in a logistic company, lots of labour work every day.................

self-hypnosis tracks do wonders for helping people sleep. i use them every time my lady isnt around... not often so i forgot earlier. lol.