Locitus TM build[*TM]

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Mathias!

Ā 

Try and find some silk glove liners if your hands are getting sweaty or drop some talcum powder inside them.

Ā 

Your back plate looks like it could do with being raised up a bit. You might need to trim away some of the tabs on the top of the back plate near the shoulders if they are preventing you from raising it at the moment.

Looking good Mathias!

Ā 

Try and find some silk glove liners if your hands are getting sweaty or drop some talcum powder inside them.

Ā 

Your back plate looks like it could do with being raised up a bit. You might need to trim away some of the tabs on the top of the back plate near the shoulders if they are preventing you from raising it at the moment.

Thanks a lot Paul!

Ā 

Yeah I need to investigate further if it's always that low or just at that particular occasion. And thanks for the tip about the talcum powder. I guess any "baby powder" will work?

• 2 months later...

I'm guessing a little update on this might be in order.

Ā 

Since my kit will, and have been in pretty much ever changing form since it arrived it has taken a really good fit on me. Some upgrades have been made, and some have yet to be made. For example, the shoulder straps were recently replaced with white elastic, and eventually all pop rivets will be replaced with brads or split rivets depending on what I have at the moment. Preparing for Centurion! :)

Ā 

Also, I got a pair of cotton/lycra inner gloves from Amplexor at a troop, so the rubber gloves are no longer an issue.

Ā 

Here's a pic from the latest troop with Nordic Garrison

pose1edit.jpg

Okey, here's a group pic from the same troop as above.

Ā 

From left to right, FX+AP helmet, 1mm TM, 2mm TM.

SAM_2043.jpg

Ā 

I'm on the right.

GREAT!!! shots bro, looking like a million from head to toe.

Top class suit ;)

Thanks bro! I might use the solo pic for a trading card. :)

Looks fantastic as always :)

Well, I had you, Pete, Rich and Rolf to look at for help and inspiration. :)

Edited by Locitus

Thank you Vern!

Ā 

Well, I believe we are 4 active TM wearing TKs so far with I think two more coming within a year or so. Having TM in europe helps a lot. :)

Looking good there mate , now troop on and more pics please i want some more of that lady gaga ;)

Haha, I doubt that mate. But I'll see what I can do.

Okey, so here's some new mods going on. Nothing is permanent yet, but the preparations are done!

Ā 

Removing the pop rivets

dsc00888n.jpg

Ā 

The holes left by the pop rivets proved a little to big for the split rivets I'm going with eventually, so I'm filling the holes with ABS-paste, here I've only covered the front of the hole with standard masking tape.

dsc00889l.jpg

Ā 

Filling the holes with new plastic

dsc00890y.jpg

Ā 

Since drilling out the pop rivets proved a little more challenging that I had expected I'm going the lazy route on the knee belt and just filling it with ABS-paste. Might replace that with putty and paint it if this fails.

dsc00892m.jpg

Ā 

I'm going with standard paper brads for test fitting everything before making anything "permanent" with split rivets.

Here's the crotch strap I remade in elastic rather than the webbing I had before.

dsc00895.jpg

Ā 

Here's the outside view

dsc00896wx.jpg

Ā 

Here's the connection between the kidney and ab plate. I'm using standard washers on top of the elastic for strength and nothing underneath the elastic.

dsc00897v.jpg

Ā 

The outside view

dsc00898us.jpg

Ā 

Test fitting it on myself

dsc00900u.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'm feeling quite comfortable using this setup and going for a more permanent solution with split rivets. So if you think I'm doing something terribly wrong, please tell me now. :)