Locitus TM build[*TM]

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good :P

Thanks! :D

Now since having a cocking handle on your blaster turned out to be a "must have" I got out and bought some synthetic clay called "Fimo". You sculpt something and then heat it in the oven for 30 minutes at 110 degrees Celsius. When it cools it will be hard yet a little flexible. It can crack however if not handled with care.

So here's a before and after pic

dsc00978f.jpg

I make a hole about 6 mm in diameter by melting the thin plastic with a soldering iron and cleaned it up a little with a x-acto blade.

dsc00983ei.jpg

It's not glued yet, as I realized I might want to remove it before troops not to damage it. It locks down pretty tight by the bulge near the middle pressing against the score which it would slide within if it was a real gun.

• 4 months later...

Last week I was fortunate enough to get my helmet re-vamped by Acima so now all decals are GONE and everything is hand painted painted, and she even free handed it! Most impressive and I love my "new" helmet. :)

The vocoder and most of the frown is done by me since before. But the vocoder is getting redone by me eventually.

White balance on the pics are off, but here they are none the less.

dsc0323nh.jpg

dsc0324qc.jpg

dsc0325a.jpg

dsc0326j.jpg

Edited by Locitus

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. I've done some more work. I copied Acima and faked original strapping. When I put this suit together the original strapping system was not as common knowledge as it is today so I had less return edge than Acima did on hers. But I think it went pretty good anyway. It was just enough to make it work. I used 10 mm long M3 slotted machine screws and locking nuts. 30 of them total. I didn't do any on the ab plate, which would be hidden by the breast plate anyway (and my lack of return edge there would have prevented that anyway).

So here's how it looks.

dsc01027e.jpg

dsc01028jh.jpg

dsc01029yh.jpg

• 7 months later...

I have a question about the placement of the bicep hook- in the pic of Han with his feet proppsed up the bicep hook appears to be on the outside of the armor while you glued yours to the inside. Is it simply a matter of preference, or do must people pick one spot more than the other?

I have a question about the placement of the bicep hook- in the pic of Han with his feet proppsed up the bicep hook appears to be on the outside of the armor while you glued yours to the inside. Is it simply a matter of preference, or do must people pick one spot more than the other?

Both kinds were used.