Locitus TM build[*TM]

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all strangely familiar! :lol:

Ā 

Stick with it, Mathias. It's worth it. As you know, I built and rebuilt every single part of my first TM and it looks so much better for it. I was even tweakign and repositioning snaps before the last couple of events.

Ā 

This is how I progressed ...

Ā 

15th June 2010:

step1.jpg

Ā 

5th September 2011:

step2.jpg

Ā 

5th January 2011

SDC14557.jpg

Yep going to do that mod on my biceps , nice one mate , ohh and luv the photos the armour looks great on you :dancing-trooper:

Cheers mate! :D:dancing-trooper:

Ā 

This is all strangely familiar! :lol:

Ā 

Stick with it, Mathias. It's worth it. As you know, I built and rebuilt every single part of my first TM and it looks so much better for it. I was even tweaking and repositioning snaps before the last couple of events.

Ā 

Well a lot of the mods you've done has inspired me to do the same, thanks to your awesome build threads! Like with the thighs for example.

Your armour really fits you like a glove :D

Well a lot of the mods you've done has inspired me to do the same, thanks to your awesome build threads! Like with the thighs for example.

Your armour really fits you like a glove :D

Ā 

Excellent! This is where we both have to thank Pablo for doing the same before me! :lol:

Looking good Mathias, welcome to the TM club.

You have done a A+ work on the beauty ;)

Thanks a lot mate! :)

Ā 

I still have some minor tweaks I want to do, but I need to get some acetone to make abs-paste for that.

shhhhh nail polish remover .....wink.gif

Does that work as good as the big "industrial" bottles? My CO in nordic garrison built a clone armour and used acetone for paint-removal from when he painted his house.

Okey, so the other day I made some ABS-Paste from some scraps I saved that I put in a glass jar with some acetone.

Ā 

The reason for this was to fix something that annoyed me since the day I put the thighs together. *Note: I have only myself to blame for this. I was sloppy when I trimmed the thighs. That's why I had to cover that up with the joining strip. The purpose of this post is to show that you don't always have to live with the mistakes you do.

Ā 

This:

Ā 

kneehighligt.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

So with a little score-and-snap I had this

dsc00831a.jpg

Ā 

Then I applied the ABS-paste with a disposable spoon. It was a bit tricky but I will sand it down when hardened.

dsc00838uj.jpg

Ā 

And here's the tools.

dsc00840oo.jpg

Edited by Locitus

So here's the results!

Ā 

After sanding.

dsc00842nn.jpg

Ā 

Applied some Humbrol satin white (#130) which I think matches the tone of the ABS fairly well.

dsc00843gv.jpg

Ā 

Any leftover imperfections will be referred to as "battle damage" :D

Thank you! :)

Ā 

I just had a second look, and it might need a second coat on the right knee, but the left one, which is really the only one visible when worn properly looks great. I'm really pleased with the results.

Yeah they look like that, just not as good as yours ;)

Ā 

EDIT: Oh, you mean cut the corners of the joing strips. Yeah, most of them have cut corners, just not these two. They had cut corners before. I might fix that soon. All the other strips have cut corners. :)

Edited by Locitus

• 2 weeks later...

I took some new photos to show off the new mods as a whole, so I geared up last night for some midnight fun!

Ā 

dsc00847v.jpg

Ā 

dsc00851k.jpg

Ā 

dsc00848n.jpg

Ā 

dsc00858q.jpg

Ā 

The observant of you will notice I swapped my had guards for the last picture, the rubber gloves got to hot for me (also it wasn't easy operating the camera). I need to find better inner gloves to soak up the moist.