Locitus TM build[*TM]

i did not use a dremmel just modle curved sissors and some snips for trimming and lots of sanding be cafefull i dont want to keep hurt yourself check out peter(sukatrooper TM tutorail)IT HELP me a lot on my build.

Regards

Steve

Yeah, I am already using stukatroopers flickr-page as a guide :)

I've been using the scissors and blades to trimm off the worst bits, and then took the sanding-tool for the dremel to get the final shape. Later I'll get the sanding paper to smooth out the edges which are still a bit rough from the dremel.

I don't know if I'm doing more than necessary, but I kinda like this approach. It's forgiving in case I would have messed up in a previous step.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I got my decals from Mike aka TK-4510 among with some frown mesh, brow trim and stunt lenses. Increadible stuff! I got the "handpainted look" decals and they really take the helmet to a new level. Even though I came home at 00:30 in the night I couldn't wait to put on the decals (although I still got the tube stripes left)!

I'll see if I can get a picture of it tomorrow, but right now it's nap time. :lol:

So yesterday I wrote how I got decals from Mike and that I had put them on. So I thought it would be great to do some painting today, to get back on some slow progress last week. Here are the images!

Painted frown in humbrol DARK ADMIRAL GREY #5

dsc00655au.jpg

Closeup on frown

dsc00656f.jpg

Trap, tear and left ear

dsc00658w.jpg

Traps and back

dsc00659py.jpg

Trap, tear and right ear

dsc00661pu.jpg

Painted ab plate in humbrol FRENCH BLUE #14 today, as well.

dsc00662mw.jpg

Recently worked some on my bucket, which I'll post pictures of today. Today I mostly did rough trimming on the shoulder bells and thighs, but no pictures of that.

Here's the vocoder

dsc00667m.jpg

Left ear

dsc00669v.jpg

Right ear

dsc00671q.jpg

And last, but not least helmet interior. Frown mesh is held with painters tape, which I'll replace and glue it on. Later. Lenses, dunno if I'll keep this mounting, but I can't keep it unless I trim off some of the plastic in the middle, bottom area as it is scraping my nose ridge, in a most unpleasant way.

dsc00676bx.jpg

Helmet looks great. I fitted the lense material exactly the same and indeed cut out a big U-shape in the middle to make room for my big snout! :D

Helmet looks great. I fitted the lense material exactly the same and indeed cut out a big U-shape in the middle to make room for my big snout! :D

Thanks! You feel the big U-shape will be good enough for trooping? :)

Thanks! You feel the big U-shape will be good enough for trooping? :)

Can't say I've worn the helmet for long periods yet but the lense material doesn't touch my nose anymore.

Can't say I've worn the helmet for long periods yet but the lense material doesn't touch my nose anymore.

Sounds good enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my TK-Boots today!

Fits great, and I got a white shoehorn too! :)

Think I will do some work cutting up the finishing strips in proper lengths, so I can start gluing things together real soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Recapping some undocumented progress!

Earlier I glued on the front inner joining strip on my left shin. Yesterday I've added the front joining strip, and glued on both inner left forearm joining strips. These now sit firm and flush to my armour.

Today I've glued on the joining strip on the back of the left shin (careful not to actually join the two halves ofc) and also glued on the outer joining strips on the left forearm. Now I'm out of clamps and magnets so that's all I can do until tomorrow when the E-6000 has dried.

I'm a slim guy so I can keep to 20 mm strips on the shin and 15 mm on the forearm. On the inside of both I use 20 mm for stability and because I have more of those strips!

I've got some photos, but until I transfer them to the computer (they're not that good anyway) I'll stick with the text only updates.

Also, I test fitted my left shin with one of my TK-boots and it looks great. I got some photo of that too on my mobile.

• 5 weeks later...

Woho! Give us those pics Mathias! :D

Of course I had the bad luck of getting my memory card on the camera somehow erased today, but I have at least one good picture to show. I've been issued the standard issue Stormtrooperâ„¢ T-Shirt!

dsc00706x.jpg

All my parts except for the TD and are pretty much done. The belt, holster and TD are awaiting additional pieces. Some are already ordered. Like the TD belt clips and hand guards.

I'm about 75% done with the strapping system.

Initial test fitting with all "finished" gear. I'm holding my thighs up because i have no support belt for those yet.

dsc00709mu.jpg

Edited by Locitus

Looking really good so far from what we can see. The chest and shoulders definitely seem to sit in place nicely.

Thanks! Right now the shoulder bells attach with velcro, but I'll replace that with a snap when I've found the best placement. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got my rubber gloves and non-latex hand guards from Karin today. Just finished gluing them to the gloves. And these sure are beautiful. Thanks Karin!

Edited by Locitus

Last week I cut open my thighs to redo them and make them narrower to fit my slim body better. The piece on the right illustrates how much I cut out. I have still to take pictures of the finished thighs, but the are finished.

dsc00742b.jpg

Today I decided to try making biceps hooks from some scraps left from when I redid the thighs. Here are some pics of that.

The pieces I started with:

dsc00744n.jpg

After heat-bending them into shape (which didn't go very smooth btw):

dsc00746k.jpg

And finally gluing them into the biceps with some E-6000:

dsc00748z.jpg

Last week I cut open my thighs to redo them and make them narrower to fit my slim body better. The piece on the right illustrates how much I cut out. I have still to take pictures of the finished thighs, but the are finished.

dsc00742b.jpg

Today I decided to try making biceps hooks from some scraps left from when I redid the thighs. Here are some pics of that.

The pieces I started with:

dsc00744n.jpg

After heat-bending them into shape (which didn't go very smooth btw):

dsc00746k.jpg

And finally gluing them into the biceps with some E-6000:

dsc00748z.jpg

Very nice mate very screen accurate with the bicep hooks, and i like the mod on the thighs to it all proceding as i had planed the emprour would be very proud of you :sith:

Very nice mate very screen accurate with the bicep hooks, and i like the mod on the thighs to it all proceding as i had planed the emprour would be very proud of you :sith:

Thanks a lot! :D

I'll try to get the other hook to bend further tomorrow when the glue has set properly. The return edge on that biceps piece turned out to be wider than the other which in turn pushes the hook back a bit giving it a different angle.

Okey, I felt kinda bad not having too many pics to show - So I wipped up a set of all current pics.

dsc00749y.jpg

dsc00750t.jpg

dsc00751t.jpg

dsc00753q.jpg

dsc00754bd.jpg

dsc00755d.jpg

dsc00760jo.jpg

dsc00762ru.jpg

dsc00765pp.jpg

dsc00768n.jpg

dsc00769q.jpg

dsc00770.jpg

dsc00772jy.jpg

dsc00775c.jpg

dsc00777c.jpg

dsc00781sb.jpg

Edit: tried adding more images. Making another reply instead!

Edited by Locitus

Nice, neat helmet build, Mathias!

And a superb show of ambition to recreate the hook system on the calves.

I also like the way you've cut the ends of the finishing strips. Love it! You have a good eye, sir!

Nice, neat helmet build, Mathias!

And a superb show of ambition to recreate the hook system on the calves.

I also like the way you've cut the ends of the finishing strips. Love it! You have a good eye, sir!

Well.. a part from the frown, vocoder and the insides of the helmet most ain't my work. It was built by Paul himself on request and the decals are Mikes, TK-4510.

Still - Thanks a lot! :D

The hook system on the calves was somewhat of a pain. Maybe my needle and thread-skills and/or equipment were not really up to the task. But anything can be done if you just want to! (and I have two spare elastic+hook bands finished)

The cut ends on the finishing strips are from something I saw or read on here before. I just liked the look, as I think it makes the strips look more of a detail with purpose rather than something used only as a cover up for the join.

Thanks again. It feels like building a good suit is more of a collaboration of the good people here rather than one single entity. :)