STORMTROOPER BOOTS

Stormtrooper footwear  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which Postive-grip boots do you Troop in?

• TKBoots
    • CABoots
    • Chelsea dyed / painted white
    • Jodphur dyed / painted white
    • Other
  2. 2. Would you buy them again?

I thought it would be helpful for all to see which is the most popular Stormtrooper footwear. I know there are several different types out there to choose from, TKBoots, CABoots, Chelsea and the Jodphur style.

(Chelsea and Jodphur style would need to be dyed/painted white which is closer to what they used in the SW movies).

If you want to post info on your boots, you could include the following information: how does the size run (such as cut small or large), how well they hold up under trooping, and would you buy them again, plus any other info you want share about your boots.

stromtrooperboots.thumb.jpg.27d65520c5f34a56eebddbdbb4f40fa4.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea!

Pandatrooper

Boots: TKboots

Size: mens 8

Looks: the look is perfect to me. Not a super glossy white, a soft leather white. Black sole, nice edge. the heel is the perfect height.

Fit: I normally fit into a mens 8.5. The TK boots fit slightly narrow, but the leather stretches, nice fit (not loose inside). The toe has a little extra room, but that's OK.

Troop comments: they were very comfortable. The ankle is snug, so use the supplied shoe horn to squeeze your foot in. I put an insole in the heel, as I have some heel issues, and the fit was fine. very comfortable, wore them for over 8 hours straight with no issues.

Would I buy again?: I already have 2 pairs, one for a backup. :)

I wear Loake chelsea boots made in the UK rrp £125.

Pro's; Accuracy wise i would say 8.5 out of 10. Paint will chip.

Con's; Need prep and paint. Paint will chip. Hard to get on and off as the leather does not give as much now due to paint.

Would i buy again? Yes but hopefully these high quulity hand made boots will last a long, long time in a galaxy far away.

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'm sporting the TKBoots. I love them so much that I have been wearing them on casual Fridays with my jeans.

lol Nice, I enjoy mine. I've stood for 12 hours strait in them and though my feet hurt (my whole body hurt) I had no foot injuries.

Got CA boots and tried to inquire on a pair of TK's. Terrell got the last pair of the size needed. Most definitely going to change over, not a big fan of the flismy pleather, nor the smell.... :lol:

For what it's worth they do the job.

Yep, big fan of the TK boots here too. Great to work with and great communication. Done with the CA's as well. I always hated the stitching on the front. Doing my TK all over again and these are a great start. I thinking the same thing about getting another for backup. Or a second for having in mint. Great boots. A little big on me too, but I'd say by a half size. I put in an insole and then cut some ankle parts off of some socks to fold over and wear around my ankles. I think some of the ankle area is what feels loose to me and that helped out. That way I don't need thicker socks on it too. Don't know how the "sock anklets" will troop when I try it out, but it feels a little better on me.

I have CaBoots. Size 10.

They are definitely the weak link in my armour.

They look wrong - too flimsy, too costume-y, and too white. Sort of a zinc white rather than a milky white.

Overall they just don't look like something that could actually survive active duty.

And they smell.

WOW! 140 views, only 30 people have participated...

Do the rest of ya troop barefoot? :lol::P I keed! I keed!

Hey Jim, I understand that people that have not gotten their boots yet are going to look and learn from this or any post/poll. That is why I posted it, but with 8,206 FISD memebers, I would hope there would be a little more than 30 participating to help new memebers like you, to make a good choice :)

Or, the other people could be like me. I don't have any yet (no armor yet either, working on trying to order my first suit! [planning to get TKBoots]), and want to learn more. :)

well im not 501st and i think they look good with the armor i just have to paint them plus alot of the stormtroopers in the saga didnt have the same boots they painted black boots that looked kinda the same. well thats to my knowledge but im open for education.

and im only 54' so its hard to find boots that fit right

I'm pretty sure these aren't OK for 501st acceptance.

Nope. You could replace the U with some compatible material and give it a go though.

Style: Woodstock Jodhpur

Size: Size 44 UK, I wear size 10 shoes

They're a perfect fit. No need for insoles, they're padded well. I did have insoles in them at first but took them out because it raised my feet slightly and cramped my toes.

Cost: Boots $50 - Color Preparer $5 - Nulife Spray (2 cans) $15 = Total $70

Dye Process: Take it to a professional to dye it unless you know what you're doing. Personally, I think the quality of the end result depends on the dye or spray you use. Initially I tried leather dye. Didn't work, in part because I didn't use a preparer and because I sanded the leather. Don't sand the leather. For the second try I used a leather preparer with Nulife spray. Fantastic results. Had to apply a few coats before it became completely white. I didn't spray a finishing sheen on them to help minimize the wear, which I should have and will be doing soon. So the process is... color preparer - nulife spray - finishing sheen/waterproofer - white shoe cream as needed.

U Shaped Elastic: Used white fabric paint to make that part white. So far so good, no flaking.

Durability: The boots themselves are made very well. After a couple outings the dye/paint has rubbed off/scuffed and on the bad boot (my failed first attempt) started to crack. Doesn't look too bad but it needs frequent touch ups to look prestine. Although, it's nice to have that worn "screen accurate" look.

Purchase Again?: I would consider buying another set of jodhpur boots and dye them again now that I know what I'm doing, but I'm probably going to get a pair of TK Boots and keep my jodhpur for the worn look.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 2/17/2010 at 7:08 AM, djloud said:

i got these boots they kick arsss now i just have to paint them but i dont know what paint to get and were to get it

---------

Hey man... Those will not pass muster.... Those are refereed to as "Mariachi" boots or "Elvis" boots...

I rock Dark Side Trooper Boots. 2 Pairs.

Someday I want a set of Chengs...

You sink you have it tough? I am smaller than you and you sink i can get waterproof boots anywhere to suit a DcukTrooper?

I think I've quacked it... have you tried the web??

I had CaBoots which were ok, i didnt like the finish and i hated the stich on the top/front, but they were the best available when i got my first TK together. So now i just got TKboots and they are so awesome i bought another pair for my Sandy build... they rock! i wouldnt buy CaBoots again now that the TKboots are available.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man... Those will not pass muster.... Those are refereed to as "Mariachi" boots or "Elvis" boots...

I rock Dark Side Trooper Boots. 2 Pairs.

Someday I want a set of Chengs...

yes i know these boots wont pass but im not planning on joining the awesome 501st cause i feel my armor will not be approved kind of discriminating lol bet if i was a black Stormtrooper youd let me join lmao just kidding

• 2 weeks later...