AM armor is the winner! I think...

poisonfox

I think the winner of the Armor Wars is TupperwareTK's AM armor! I was looking for a mix of accuracy, durability, price, and ease of construction, and his armor seems to fit. This will be my FIRST set ever!

What say the the Forum? Discuss...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the winner of the Armor Wars is TupperwareTK's AM armor! I was looking for a mix of accuracy, durability, price, and ease of construction, and his armor seems to fit. This will be my FIRST set ever!

What say the the Forum? Discuss...

It means we'd love to see a build thread :)

I'm gonna do it! :dancing-trooper: TupperwareTK has an email in his inbox (literally) with my name on it! We'll see what it looks like with my VT lid. If it looks like crap I was thinking of buying his helmet kit too (when it's finished). I think he's including an FX type lid at the moment. Either way, I will keep you guys posted with a build thread!

I can say quite honestly that AM armour is great. I've almost finished my set. Two more straps on the shoulder bells and that's it.

As has been commented it has nice thick plastic and the detail is lovely. Also with all the extra bits they give you you can go either ESB or ANH or even SD

Can't say enough about this armour.

I just found out from UPS that my AM Armor arrives tomorrow!!! Once that gets here, the only thing left is my dive skin which is scheduled to arrive next monday. All parts and accessories under one roof...exciting! I may make it to WonderCon after all! :D

I see an armor party in my future...who's down?

yeah i finally ordered mine last night. there were a few lame issues that made me wait a week. lol. but i cant wait to get started. how do you do the build threads? like what area should they get posted? (just to make sure i dont make a stupid mistake. lol) i'll try and take a few pics along the way.

yeah i finally ordered mine last night. there were a few lame issues that made me wait a week. lol. but i cant wait to get started. how do you do the build threads? like what area should they get posted? (just to make sure i dont make a stupid mistake. lol) i'll try and take a few pics along the way.

Eric,

the sub forum "Assembly, Mods, and Painting (Discusson)" seems to be like an appropiate place... ;)

K.

I've heard a lot of great things about AM armor, but nothing new about the helmet. I might be wrong, but if it's still the same FX helmet we all know, most people would tell you to get something else.

Or maybe I've just missed the new info about the new helmet, if there is any?

You're absolutely right, it's still FX. That's why I bought the "LITE" kit instead. I like my VT lid better! According to TupperwareTK, the new helmet is a ways off from complete but will be sweet! I may buy one.

I've heard a lot of great things about AM armor, but nothing new about the helmet. I might be wrong, but if it's still the same FX helmet we all know, most people would tell you to get something else.

Or maybe I've just missed the new info about the new helmet, if there is any?

Congrats Derek!

I've just contact TupperwareTK and you're right, his replies are fast. The only thing is that I can't choose the best helmet for the AM lite kit. That's becouse I want a perfect color match and better accuracy than FX. Not sure which helmet is the right choise.

BTW, please be generous with pics! I want to see the entire kit out of the box before you do any mod B)

-Sergio

Congratulations Derek!!! :dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper:

You are going to have so much fun, man. Take lots of pix and post as frequently as you can. Don't rush your build, that's when you make mistakes. If you have any questions or need help, don't hesitate to post. Have all the tools that you need and lots of E6000 glue. :duim:

Enjoy this! If you see yourself getting frustrated with your build, just walk away and take a deep breath!!!

Can't wait to see your build. man!

BTW, what version are you doing?