The GINO Propaganda

JoeR

Keep on being a part of the community Joe. You rock man.

I remember when Gino bashed ya on the RPF. You have something he can't. That will never set well. Its starting with Fett now on TDH... Gino has turned attention to that. I know that we have talked before on it pubilc and private... I would love to see a Joe R lid hit the fan base, but with all this... I hope it never does in the same breath.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember when Gino bashed ya on the RPF. You have something he can't. That will never set well. Its starting with Fett now on TDH... Gino has turned attention to that. I know that we have talked before on it pubilc and private... I would love to see a Joe R lid hit the fan base, but with all this... I hope it never does in the same breath.

Thanks Nathan

Oh you will see a JoeR. Have no fear my man!

Joe

OK, starting to get off topic guys.

FWIW, this has been the most civil thread we've ever had on this area, so let's keep that going :)

Im supprised i was overlooked in the "warnings" over there but then again i have been doing a "gino" and typing my words very carefully, might get some backlash over the pic i just posted in the off topic section tho he he... oh and Joe if i can help in anyway with your buckets mate just shout youve got my e-mail.

Gino has always liked controversy. In a way it adds to the mystique of the lineage. I kinda liked all the drama for a while there :)

I could never afford his helmets either. Once I found out that they were formed from .060 styrene I was shocked. Definitely not for wearing and milk jug thin :)

I believe he used such thin plastic because he would be able to catch the most detail from the moulds without loosing detail and without having to modify the moulds to get better detail.

I think the tubes reshaping and behind the ears extra material were a necessary evil that had to be done as the originals were short trimmed and somewhat deformed during assembly. So they must have had to make some assumptions there...

There is no way that any helmet faceplate or cap n back mould can be untouched... If it was then the finished product would look like crap and have even less detail than the faceplate or cap n back it was cast from. I do think Gino probably has the least F'd with faceplate and cap n back molds. The one in the pic above is OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDD and is full of repairs and modifications. That is THE TE2 which is still pretty close to the real deal. The one to the left is the SFS in resin form. Where did you guys get that pic??

I bet somewhere there is a casting that is completely untouched. Possibly a master mould. Someone has it. Hopefully they will never touch it.

It's a great start. Runnriottt was working on one at one point IIRC. It would be great if this were updated - the goal is not to start a debate but to have transparent information. Also, this is just helmets for the most part? It would also be great if a similar tree could be done for suits.

As a bonus - FISD service award for anyone who can come up with an updated tree for both helmet/armor. Yes, it's a flat out carrot but these kinds of things are really great to have.

It's a great start. Runnriottt was working on one at one point IIRC. It would be great if this were updated - the goal is not to start a debate but to have transparent information. Also, this is just helmets for the most part? It would also be great if a similar tree could be done for suits.

As a bonus - FISD service award for anyone who can come up with an updated tree for both helmet/armor. Yes, it's a flat out carrot but these kinds of things are really great to have.

Great idea. Hopefully some truths have come about due to this thread's sister thread on the RPF.

Joe

Ps: I am joining the UKG very soon Paul, just need armour to go with my helmet!

Joe,

I didn't get to say this on the RPF thread but THANK YOU for posting the information. After 8 years there I finally got my first warning for questioning perceived favoritism. I can live with that. I came out of that thread with much more information. I also wanted to say THANK YOU to the Mods here, current and past, for continuing to apply the rules equally across the board to all members.

Rick

"Pablo,

It was removed for clean up and will be brought back as soon as Michael is done... although it probably won't be reopened for more posting.

Art

---Quote (Originally by TKDUEUNO)---

Hi Art,

can I just ask why the topic on Gino's molds has been removed from the forum?"

Well, the only thing I did was repeating that at first Gino said that his molds touched the inside of real helmets, then he took that back and admit that his are duplicates of the molds that actually touched the inside of real helmets; so he made a false claim in the beginning. This lie probably helped him raising the price of his helmets and gaining more credit in the prop community.

Even if he repeated many times now that his are mold duplicates, the false claim is still on his website and I think that he should set the record straight and correct that.

4293660750_189126f234_o.jpg

But of course he said he won't let some "know-nothings tell him what he should write on his website", or something like that.

I think that it's not fair to remove a whole thread and "clean it up", since it's public, users must be left free to form an opinion on original posts, not "sanitized" ones.

Many times other users had repeated again and again the same personal opinion, and in a way harsher than mine, but no such measures were taken.

I kept repeating the point of the thread because Gino kept avoiding it and refusing to correct a false claim still there in black and white plain english, and my recapping led to the warning, since "I was just repeating my personal opinion and adding nothing to the discussion".

Another point fellas.

If the 'kink' is due to assembly then why is it not on his helmets, if by his own description they are so accurate?

I quote, "very intentional and very controlled level of slopiness in regards to its CONSTRUCTION and painting."

So despite these being the most accurate helmets ever made and with such attention to detail you missed the huge kink in the tube, I'm sorry but I don't buy it. It is not there because the detail was sanded down by Matt G before you got the molds.

Joe

Just wanted to offer an opinion. I haven't read all the posts (it was pages long) but this is just me walking through the steps / process.

Let’s just say this was me (so as to not use any names). If I got my hands on a screen used helmet - bought from a Christies auction, or was loaned a real screen used one - and prepped the inside for molding (via mold release and using plaster or Ultracal (casting material), thus capturing the detail of the inside of the helmet. I would now have a positive form or vacuform buck that “touched the inside of a screen used helmet”.

If I was using this positive form / buck to make new helmets, I could make the claim that these new helmets were created with molds that “touched the inside of a screen used helmet”. Because they literally did touch the inside of a real helmet.

However, as a craftsman / prop maker I probably wouldn’t do it because eventually there would be wear and tear on this “first gen” positive buck (not to mention personal collector value). I would instead make a silicone negative mold of the first gen positive buck, and then use the silicon mold to create a new Ultracal positive buck.

This would then be a “second generation” positive buck. I would use this second gen one to create helmets so that no wear and tear would ever effect the original first gen, thus keeping it preserved. If this second gen positive buck ever did get worn down, I could still go back to the silicone negative and cast another second gen positive buck for creating more helmets.

If this is the technique that was used, then it’s unfair to make the claim that the molds used to create the helmets I sell, “touched the inside of a screen used helmet” because they didn’t. The molds used are second generation, and I don’t think that counts.

But that’s just my personal interpretation of it.

Well...

I received a warning from the RPF and my posts will be removed from the thread.

I'm pretty sure Gino is the only one again who left the thread without a warning. This staff is just a big joke. After the threads being closed he starts the next pissing match against Jez in the "Vader Suits" thread :angry:

What happened on the TDH with Gino? Any infos?

The kink isn't due to the assembly! I've never be able to reproduce it with all the helmets that I assembled.

I had two HDPE kit (thus flexible material) and I wasn't able to reproduce the kink!

And it's strange how a thread can turn "bad" when GINO post! For exemple, the Vader Tour Suit thread were GINO attacked Jez.