The GINO Propaganda

JoeR

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry T didn't mean to sound like a doush!

Just meant some of this is useful.

I would never question you boss! :salute:

Joe

No worries amigo.

I am as guilty as any other trooper for throwing in humorous jabs in an otherwise meaningful thread.

Back on the topic, does anypne have a photo of this "kink" for me to look at... B)

T :salute:

Thanks Mark! A picture is often worth a thousand words (or: the proof is in the pudding if you will).

Ho yes and it's why we see nothing from GINO except lots of words, charges against other guys (prop makers) and diversion of questions.

When we know that he banned Brian Muir from his forum (if I'm not mistaken) :wacko:

He can have my log in over there..I never use it anyways....:)

Seriously, the more I read the less I feel that I can trust some of the "experts" like Gino that seem to be a lot of talk with little back up. Maybe this is some of the reason that there seems to be 2 or 3 camps on in the prop community, the one like this that is open to civil discussion as long as you can back up your arguments, and the ones that expect everyone to believe and conform to their point of view because they have been creating and collecting since they were in Pampers, and if you challenge their point or the history you get blasted, put down or in Brian Muir's case banned.

Of course my Grampa used to say....If you can dazzle them with brilliance, bluff them with Bulls***.

Why is the 'kink' gone on the helmet. Simple... when Dan and Matt made the mold it was accidentally taken out and they did not have time to make another master mold. Therefore, NO ONE has unaltered molds of helmets at all. Due to a mistake, the 'kink' is nothing more than a memory.. And it is NOT there due to the helmet being under stress. It was heated and pushed to get the face to fit into the cap and back...

It was a total accident that this was removed. When they went to make a new master mold from the plug, Matts buddy forgot to prime the bondo.. so the silicone stuck to it badly... They almost lost the original master. And due to silicone sticking to that area, they were not able to save that detail.

This is the information that I got from Matt(TE).

Believe it or not that is your prerogative.

I don't think anyone will really know but this is what the guy that did the original mould has said......... I'm sure Gino will dispute this due to the bad feelings between the two.

Report this post

Silicone doesn't stick to anything and Matt would lie to his Mom....So I dunno.

I've done quite a bit of sculpting and casting, and you're right. Proper casting silicone pretty much doesn't stick to anything besides silicone. I've made things before and had to spot some bondo on top to fill bubbles / imperfections, and then did an impression coat on top with silicone, and it released just fine.