1. 1. What E-11 option do you sport?

• Unmodified Hasbro
    • Modified Hasbro
    • Hyperfirm
    • Scratch Built
    • Resin Cast
    • Deactivated Sterling
    • Other

With several options to choose from, and I do understand ones choosing can be based on ones budget. As far as blasters are concerned. Would you say that the Hasbro conversion is most popular E-11 blaster being used?

Then if I may ask, what are you packing?

Edited by Daetrin
Added Poll

I would say that a Modified Hasbro (with resin add on mods) is probably the most common (but maybe not the most desirable) due to cost, availability and ease of assembly / painting. It's decent in terms of overall size, but many of the proportions and details are way off from the originals. If you want to make EIB with it, it will require a bit more work.

Second would probably be a 1 piece cast resin blaster, or PVC pipe kit style. Again, due to lower cost, availability, and ease of assembly / painting. These might be from Hyperfirm, Doopydoos, etc..

The next category starts heading towards scratch builds (wood, metal, resin, PVC, etc..), builds from plans like the Imperial Fleet / Blaster builder club full model kits style builds, with resin cast mods like scopes, real or replica Hengstlers, etc. These could be built by the end user or sold completed. SR props and the like come to mind.

Another category might be Master Replica versions. These are probably more for display / collectors rather than trooping, due to their weight, detail, how fragile they might be, and collectibility / value.

The last category would probably be E11's built on deactivated Sterlings. These are potentially more plentiful in some countries, but may be harder to get / banned from others due to legalities / customs, etc.. Most people in this category would use deactivated Sterlings, real screen accurate scopes, actual Hengstlers, etc.

An addition to any of these (that are hollow) would be added on electronics like Blaster core or Hyperdyne, etc.. These would allow for LED lighting, muzzle flash, sounds, etc..

I would suggest that rather than selecting a blaster based on popularity, base it on your personal intended use.

For my own personal use, I have a modified Hasbro with a Doopydoos kit. It still makes the stock "Hasbro" light and sound FX, and I can use this for trooping. If there's kids around that want to try it, I'm not going to shed a tear if they drop it or break something. It was a $25 blaster with a $30 resin parts kit on it, its not a big deal compared to a more authentic but collectible blaster, such as the higher rated ones above. It's also lighter in weight compared to the others.

I plan on making a PVC pipe or aluminum barrel blaster with resin add ons and electronics for photos and stuff where I want to be more authentic, and I know that it will only be myself that will be handling the blaster. I'd love to get a Hyperfirm, but unfortunately they would not pass through customs to Canada plus Hyperfirm would not ship here.

At the end of the day, I'd suggest picking the blaster that suits your needs. You can all too easily get sucked into this hobby by getting what "this guy" or "that guy" has, just because it's the most accurate or whatever. Just remember that they may have bought it for different reasons, just get what suits YOU!

Im a noobie and just learning the ropes of this very in depth hobby. Im in the process of ordering an hasbro and a conversion kit for it. Its cheap and I feel comfortable in taking on the project. For a beginner that wants to get his hands dirty starting out simple I think its the best choice for the cost, time and skill needed.

Down the road Ill certainly be looking at other options though. :)

I had a modified Hasbro when I first started (my current, soon to be phased out ANH kit). I've gotten a hyperfirm in the mail for my ESB kit.

I simply wanted a more accurate blaster. I kind of always felt the Hasbro was my weak link to my ANH EIB kit.

I 'm lucky enough, being in the UK, to have a great Hyperfirm pimped by Billy- It is a great piece of kit and really looks the part!

As a new guy as well, I went the "modified" hasbro route. Mainly because I already had one lying around and it seemed like an easy segue into the hobby. After investing in an AP kit, I didn't have much extra dough lying around. However, I modded to EIB specs so in the long run I don't know if I came out much better than say picking up a Hyperfirm kit.

As a self confessed 'Blaster Addict' :blink::D , I would have to break my preferences down as follows;-

Trooping

1st.- HyperFirm wins hands down, sorry nothing even comes close to it for durability, this bad boy is the

undisputed World champion in my book B)

2nd.- A nice and well made PVC scratch build.as long as its light and accurate looking as possible :)

3rd.- Modded resin Sterling copy. with replaced fragile parts where possible

4th.- Good ol' Hasbro converted with Doopy Doos Kit.

5th.- An old chair leg from your Grannies dining room set painted black and some good ol' gaffa tape :D

Show- off / Display

1st - Sterling SMG, fully kitted out with Hengstler,M38/M40/M19,metal rail and 'draw rail' T-Track

2nd- Master Replica's E11,

3rd- Metal scratch build with fully working stock (but would have to be good <_< )

4th- Good resin copy, modified with real parts where possible

Would kill for!!!

1st- An original prop from ANH B)

2nd- Pablo's!!!!!!!!........tchh!, need I say more :rolleyes:

:)

Remember though that this poll is not entirely representative of the 501st or even the detachment as a whole. There are 1000+ TK's Legion wide and 200+ detachment members. These choices reflect those who are active forum members, which may skew to a higher bar than the Legion.

Not to be a bastard, but who in God's name picked "unmodified Hasbro"? :lol::huh:

Maybe the poll is misunderstood - I interpreted it to be what blaster do you currently USE for trooping, not what is your favorite or preferred/ideal blaster.

Maybe the poll is misunderstood - I interpreted it to be what blaster do you currently USE for trooping, not what is your favorite or preferred/ideal blaster.

Correct. Also, the unmodified Hasbro is still 501st OK AFAIK.

I've always scratch built mine, with only the handle, scope, hengstler & mag being resin from Doopydoos.

All the rest is either aluminium or plastic tube, with alu stock (non functional), plastic, foamboard and a few other bits and pieces.. also a bit of twisty wire in there too.

Lightweight, and reasonably accurate.. wouldn't change to anything else now... plus I like making them.. onto my 8th now. :D

It appears that the HyperFirm E-11 Blaster is on its way to being a popular choice amongst the ranks. My next question is...

When one has time, could one possibly PM me some detailed info/links on how one could learn more about the HyperFirm E-11 and more importantly perhaps a few resources on how one could possess such an item in the future.

Most Appreciated

btw. Thanks for adding a poll, excellent idea

http://www.sci-fire.com/

Are Hyperfirms solid or hollow? And I assume they're resin cast? Just wanted to get an idea for weight as I've never handled one before.

They're solid and made out of a rubber like material.

Unfortunately we can't get hyperfirms shipped over to the UK..... shame that..

My main trooping blaster is a custome made design from a UK guy called itchynutsdesign... (check out the pics in the blaster forum)..

My first blaster was a modded hasbro.... but now i'm also working on an all steel affair with genuine sterling parts...... no idea how much it will weigh though once finished.....

Ive always had scratch built,PVC pipe resin and scratch parts.Enjoyed the builds plus nice for trooping light etc.But......... Hyperfirm would be on top of my wish list as far as blasters goes.

Not to be a bastard, but who in God's name picked "unmodified Hasbro"? :lol::huh:

That would be me :(

It works for trooping right now. What I really want is a hyperfirm, but finances are not there for it yet. Sadly, the blaster is what is holding me back from applying for EIB status right now. I don't really like the modified Hasbro, it bugs me that the sizing is wrong on it.