SDS HDPE Faceplate

sskunky

Hi,

I just thought I would post up a few shots of a faceplate that I trying out from AA. It is made of Clear HDPE and I have just primed it in white primer and am going to gloss it when it dries.

It is alot thicker than the T*E HPDE and isn't a full helmet but it was just lying around in his workshop and I asked if I could give it a coat of paint. :duim:

AA says he may have tracked down some of the KHAKI colour HDPE he used in the 70's so I have my fingers crossed that he gets some so I can get a full helmet and paint it up with real scratches, chips and all.

Any way here is the pic. It isn't a perfect pull but I will work at that when we get some Khaki HDPE...............

Before

Gxsk8YK.jpg

cPGMnOP.jpg

After

xrnZfgZ.jpg

OCucvM9.jpg

PfksA8c.jpg

:salute::peace:

sskunky said:

Hi,

I just thought I would post up a few shots of a faceplate that I trying out from AA. It is made of Clear HDPE and I have just primed it in white primer and am going to gloss it when it dries.

It is alot thicker than the T*E HPDE and isn't a full helmet but it was just lying around in his workshop and I asked if I could give it a coat of paint. :duim:

AA says he may have tracked down some of the KHAKI colour HDPE he used in the 70's so I have my fingers crossed that he gets some so I can get a full helmet and paint it up with real scratches, chips and all.

Any way here is the pic. It isn't a perfect pull but I will work at that when we get some Khaki HDPE...............

Look's Cool to Me. I hate it When Other's "Nit-Pick's" Too Much! :P

It would have been snazzy to get some pics of the clear faceplate before you painted it. What if you got a whole bucket in clear and painted the inside flat white. I bet that would make for a sweet bucket.

sskunky said:

Hi,

Mark ,thanks for putting this up mate :duim: , any chance of sweet talking Mr Ainsworth for the back cap and ears ;) helmet looks damn sharp to me .

I tell you what guys, I will try and strip tis back to how I received it and post some pics up. I have done this so many times with my T*E I know how easy it is. HDPE is so hard to get the paint to adhere the bonus is that it is easy to strip.

Hi guys,

I have stripped it back and will take some pics at the weekend and post them up. I said it was clear but it's more of a frosty clear if you know what I mean. Ironically the paint stuck to this one a lot better than the T*E one so it wasn't quite as easy as I thought it was going to be.

Pics say a thousand words so I'll post them up soon.......

I just got back from the RPF thread. Can't agree more.

Yes I saw what was going on over there also. I just want the info without all the politics. This is a hobby for crying out loud..

"RIGHT"?

More pictures please.............Thanks :D

So,

some of you saw my assignation over on the RPF! So childish. Did any of you see how the apologies started to pour in when the moderator got involved? So shallow!

Anyway it's a pleasure showing it off here, it's nice to have some appreciation.

I understand and know all too well what has gone on with AA but I think we don't need to hear it all again.

I am working Today and tomorrow then I'm off for a couple of days so I'll post some more pics up.

I have also just finished constructing my Sterling E11 so I'll put a showoff thread up on that too :D

Milk jug clear? Really? I thought the HDPE used was tan. Cool anyway. Cant wait to see it.

Looking good man, looking good.

hi, thanks.

The original screen used one were a khaki HDPE but the one I found was a frosty clear. There was a black face plate too but it wasn't as sharp a pull as this one.

I'll ask AA how old these actually are.

Yeah I saw that crap at RPF too. Started by Gino of course with Gino lackeys in tow. Once again Mark thanks for showing this off.

HDPE comes in all sorts of colors. We have a bunch of disposable canisters at work made out of HDPE. Some are white and others are milky clear. If you can locate the recycling triangle on the bottom of most canisters, it will tell what its made of. So far Ive seen HDPE and PS which I assume is polystyrene.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry I have been a bit busy to get some shots done of the bare faceplate. I will try and get some done this next day or so......

I would also like too add that it is nice for people to appreciate something without all the politics.

cheers guys.:salute: