Eye bump for TK buckets

I have an AP bucket and i love it to death. I have also seen TE2's up close and TM and other great looking helmets thru the net.

I used to LOVE the eye bump back when i still had my MR.(i still have it btw. i wanted to sell it but i had a strong urge to keep it since it was my first bucket :P )

Anyway i'm still in the process of building my new AP but i'm thinking about lessening the eye bump just like the "Set for Stun" trooper helmet..

Pictures taken from starwars helmets.com

----------

i guess the eye bump on the AP is just a tad to prominent? Should i keep mine the same or sand it more to look like the SFS helm?

Thanks!

Luis

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I do think the bump is the same on both models.

the difference you are seeing here is that in the picture from SWH the angle is different and that lessens the effect of the bump.

I myself hate it. no matter if it was on the movie or not LOL... i feel the trooper is having an eye tick prior to a complete nervous breakdown!

Thanks Dargas! but here are a couple of more comparison pics showing the more prominent AP bump..

Tell me what you guys think..

Pics borrowed from Starwarshelmets

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

I myself hate it. no matter if it was on the movie or not LOL... i feel the trooper is having an eye tick prior to a complete nervous breakdown!

Me too... it feels like the AP bucket is giving me a dirty look!

LOL it funny how we marvel and dislike the same things, for me i cant stand the symmetrical helmets. then a again my first lid was a FX, on my AP i have a huge bump and like it. At the end of the day it really comes down to if "U" like it or not......

Luis if u don’t like the bump.... send it to me :P

Then again the idea is for your trooper to look “movie” and no to have glaucoma lol ( if u like the bump)

I love to bump. I mean, love the bump.

....well I love the night life, I love to Boogie :D

I say pick up a modeling iron and .....SMOOOOOTH that sucker out B)

:)

Wow there are really a lot of fans for both the bump and w/o the bump! I might even start a poll here ;) But you guys are right i guess i should just do what makes me happy..

Sooo.. i've decided to keep the bump BUT i'll still make it visible just a tad to give it some character.(and make me easier to spot on pictures,thanks graham :) )o

I'll try and copy the SFS helm as much as possible.

Thanks brothers!

Luis

You need to trim or sand off more material to reduce bump, look at the original helmet you posted it barely has the lip around eye socket. Look at these AP helmets the bump is almost gone when trimmed properly, people tend to not remove enough material. Do not use heat! the point here is to sand down so you can still see that little bump just like on the movie original.

ABS80

Edited by ABS80

I have to say I like the eye bump. I realize it is in no way reflective of what would be mass produced for a military the size of the TK's, but it is what we seen in the films. And I am all for "screen accuracy" whenever possible.

thanks for the pics mark!

I'm just gonna leave a bit of a bump just like the screen used helmet.

So i guess the bump was originally in the screen used helmets and it was just a matter of sanding it down for different helms used in the movie?

This is a fascinating discussion. There's so many subtle things you can do to your armor/helmet that make a world of difference, and that much "better." Now I'm wondering if I should go back and trim some more of my eyes out. I do like that distinguishing characteristic, just not as pronounced. Hmm. To the man cave!

Wow i'd have to say that's one sweet looking helmet! The bump is just like in the pictures of the AP.(if not exact!)

I'll try and get a more subtle bump on my helm. i'll post pics asap. :) currently i think it's too big.

Edit: this is a pic of my bucket. I'll try and get better forward facing pics tomorrow :)

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Hey guys here are better pics of my WIP AP, i've already applied the Dave M decals and i'm just missing the Humbrol paint to complete the details.

Let me know what you guys think about the bump, if i should lessen it or leave it ;)

3Pymgiv.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021