Happy 3rd Birthday, FISD

Daetrin

Sorry I didn't get this up yesterday, but it was FISD's third birthday. Yes, on July 6, 2006 is when I took the forum live and started adding members.

I remember at the time wondering if I'd get 10 people to sign the detachment application. With over 200 detachment members and thousands of forum members, it's hard to believe that this bird's future was in doubt.

As always, I life a glass to some really special people:

Dean Plantamura : spiritual godfather of this detachment and who's site was an inspiration for getting it started

Rome Ohnui : the COG at the time, who gave me a lot of encouragement and help through the application process

Greg Mortensen : webmaster extraordinaire who did a lot of UI work and helped me figure out how to to the mechanics of running a forum

My first year staff : Ed, Wyatt, Carlos especially for being the first ones to really drive this forum, and continue to support it to this day.

There are many others who have stepped up through the years and if I tried to list them all I'm afraid I'd omit someone. You guys have all been outstanding, and inspire me every day to help out troopers in this hobby ours.

A toast you, FISD! Here is to many more years of troopers helping troopers. :D

:pint1:

Feliz Cumpleaños!!!!!!

It has/is been a great journey!!!! to be able to see Pauls Baby grow and develope in to what it has and will become. Thx Paul, thx past/current command Staff. and thx all my FISD bros and sis!

:pint1: this is for all of u!!!!!

:headphone: :dance: Time to Party!!!!

Thank you, FISD, for opening my eyes. Without you, I would have been happy trooping with my FX.

No seriously, thank you!

Since my arrival here, I did not know that there were different types of Stormtroopers (ANH, ESB, RoTJ)

Now, not only am I able to point them out, I have all the resources at my disposal to re-create that magic.

Though we've been through controversial times together (recast issues, Elite program, renaming of elite program, leather belts, ) most of us have come together (though some have not,) and have had a blast learning and growing to become better at our hobby.

I wish you a happy birthday, FISD! Let there be many more years of blood, sweat, and tears!

Happy Birthday FISD! Thank you to all those who have helped to build and maintain this site, and to make it into the community we all love and enjoy today.

Where would we be without FISD? We'd all have FX buckets and be "wasting" all our time with loved ones and families :D

FISD is only three years old?

Amazing!

I joined FISD in January '07. I had no idea it was just a toddler of a forum...

But FISD is a bit more than its chronological age. If we were to add up everyone's (except mine) experience and knowledge, I figure FISD would about 900 years years old.