501st TK CRL: official and now posted

It's here:

-----------

It is not everything we submitted but it's really good I think. It doesn't specify whether it's OK to mix or match, but at least the correct movie specific details are called out.

While I would have preferred the no mix/match specification at least in the "should have", I think it is far better than the standard it replaces and I give credit to Mark/LC for not watering it down as many would have liked it to be.

This is a great day for TK's - we *finally* have a published standard. Like it, hate it, or not care - we have something official.

Let the discussion begin!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Great. I'm with you on the clear 'no mix or match' front. I feel it would be helpful for that to be made clear, thus avoiding disappointment later when/if somebody has to re-do parts of their costume.

CRL excerpt:

- Thighs - white armored thigh covers that close in the back (the right thigh piece must have an ammo belt at the bottom)

- Shins - white armored shin/calf covers that close in the back (the right shin plate must have a polygon-shaped knee plate at the top)

Isn't the knee plate, aka 'sniper plate' supposed to be on the left side? I'd be kinda hard walking with the knee plate banging up against the ammo thigh piece. Or am I reading this wrong?

<_<

I'm happy with the final version. What we submitted was alot more robust but we did it knowing it would get get a rewrite or two before it was done.

We'll have to send a message about the left shin plate.

CRL excerpt:

- Thighs - white armored thigh covers that close in the back (the right thigh piece must have an ammo belt at the bottom)

- Shins - white armored shin/calf covers that close in the back (the right shin plate must have a polygon-shaped knee plate at the top)

Isn't the knee plate, aka 'sniper plate' supposed to be on the left side? I'd be kinda hard walking with the knee plate banging up against the ammo thigh piece. Or am I reading this wrong?

<_<

Don't worry, I read it wrong too :lol:

I'm sure it's a typo that will get fixed.

Looks really good. And nice way to have the elite standards implemented but not just pulled down over peoples heads.

Would like to see the helmet section a bit more tidy though. Hard to read such a massive block of text. (Speaking as the English teacher I am... :blush: )

Me too - I'll give the web team a ding.

It also says the earpieces "may" have screws. I thought they were mandatory.

Only ANH & ESB helmets may have screws fitted. ROTJ lids didn't have any.

However, you don't need to have screws on any helmet for it to be 501st accepted... they are only needed on the relevent helmet if you want to go 'Elite'.

Nice. I have one question though. My MRCE Stunt helmet has 5 ridges on the ear pieces, not 4. Which is correct? The standards on here don't specify.

Again, you only need to replace the ears on the MRCE if you want 'Elite' status. A basic out of the box MRCE is acceptable for 501st standards.

Again, you only need to replace the ears on the MRCE if you want 'Elite' status. A basic out of the box MRCE is acceptable for 501st standards.

Actually this is not true. An out of the box MRCE is not 501st acceptable and never was. The UKG pioneered a set of changes to make them as such and this was adopted by the LMO as policy.

You need to add ear screws, replace the lenses, fill the chin gap (most use white silicone), and clean up the teeth if needed. Yes, this actually does make the requirements for MRCE tighter than an FX, but that's what's written in to policy.

Actually this is not true. An out of the box MRCE is not 501st acceptable and never was. The UKG pioneered a set of changes to make them as such and this was adopted by the LMO as policy.

You need to add ear screws, replace the lenses, fill the chin gap (most use white silicone), and clean up the teeth if needed. Yes, this actually does make the requirements for MRCE tighter than an FX, but that's what's written in to policy.

Cheers for that Paul... I stand corrected.

I knew the UKG built their own standards for this bucket, but didn't realise the 501st took it on too... good show.

Now... if only we could get rid of that FX lid.....lol.

No worries Mark - it's hard to keep up on everything. We (FISD) should do a better job of ensuring this info is more readily available.

Damnit , I just riveted my sniper plate to my right calf !!

It's about bloody time the CRL's were put in place, well done to all involved :)

The RT-MOD helmet doesn't have ear ridges at all. Does that mean it's not acceptable for Elite status?

The ear ridges they are talking about are the bumps on the ear caps, the RT has them. Also the CRL has nothing to do with the elite program, it is a text version of the Legions costume requirements for 501st membership.

Some other comments were raised on the 501st boards - let's see if the new LMO makes those updates.