banned from Ginos

Trooperman

Hi, like the title reads i have been banned ...for life, from Ginos web sight proper ..something or other web sight for being a member of in Ginos words a member of a DIY forum,,Now i am not a recaster neither am i a professional prop maker ,and i have always sat on the fence when it comes to ..difference of opinion..you know ,for me its about sharing each others skills and knowledge .but Gino....BOYS NEVER GROW UP ,has any body else been banned ? :blink:

I was banned for selling one of his helmets without his permission.....Incredible....

Wow, that was pretty mature on his part.

While I was a member, I visited that site a grand total of 4 or 5 times. Never posted anything and never had any desire to. He is what he is and what he is is not something I like. I'll shut up b/c I'll start to bash and that ain't cool.

While I was a member, I visited that site a grand total of 4 or 5 times. Never posted anything and never had any desire to. He is what he is and what he is is not something I like. I'll shut up b/c I'll start to bash and that ain't cool.
Terrell

im with you brother,

You know, I've learned a few things since reading up on a couple of forums about Gino (and I've read A LOT). He seems to love flaunting his helmets to try and make the world want one and then not give access to them. I'm fine with somebody making some really awesome props and then showing them all off. That's cool. But don't smear everyone's face in them or hang the proverbial carrot in our faces. No one likes to be 'lorded' over by another 'peer'. We don't care all that much. His priorities are self-serving (though I'd imagine he thinks different in his own mind). What I like about the FISD is that we are serving each other as a community with a common goal; to have fun and bring a smile to a kid's face in the process. One should never belittle someone else to prove a point, and I've very seldom if ever seen that here.

Hopefully I don't offend any Gino fan-boys, but if you can't judge a man by his words, what can you judge him by?

So, FISD members, take that banning like a badge of honor!! After all, what do we know... :D

I never went there.

Its gotta be fumes or something given off by heated ABS and HIPS that makes people go insane. Every helmet maker I know has gone completely insane. I'm sending TE2 a gas mask before it gets him too.

*disclaimer*

TM may not be insane, I think his RPF outburst was just because he had completely had it with Gino, AP Ive never dealt with and GF hasnt been heard from in ages, maybe we should check up on him and make sure he isnt locked away in some asylum somewhere.

I'm not banned, because I've never registered.

I dunno... all in all, Gino just kind of bums me out.

I don't know him personally, so I can't really speak with any intelligence about him as a human being, but his online persona leaves me really frustrated.

Here's this guy, who despite how you feel about him, has a metric butt-load of talent. Love him or hate him, he has top-notch skills as a re-creator, and really knows his stuff when it comes to backstory and research.

Judging from his innumerable arguments, he's also a pretty smart cookie. The guy knows how to build a case, that's for sure. And lord knows he does some pretty first-rate politicking as well.

Looking at his site, he's also got a decent amount of talent as a graphic designer and art director.

So... you combine all those things, and you would think you would end up with a BAD-A$$ prop builder with a ton of smarts, a library of SW knowledge, and a keen artistic eye, who could make ENORMOUS contributions to the hobby. (And sometimes does).

He's got all the makings of someone who could help every prop collector, builder and costumer alike take their stuff to the next level.

But instead-- he's just kind of a d*ck.

I have nothing but admiration for his work, to be honest, but his personality and behavior are sufficiently a**hole-ish enough that the other stuff doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

It's like Russel Crow, or Tom Cruise -- good actors, turning in good work. But everything I read and see from them off-screen indicates that they're horrible, awful, unbearably self-aggrandizing douche-bags as people. And when they go on Letterman to pimp their movie, I turn the channel. I don't want my money, or my attention going to subsidize their colossal ego, or their crappy behavior.

Same deal with Gino. His crap far outweighs his talent.

Which is a shame -- because both are substantial.

Just my $.02

Sold a Hero helmet for a few hundred dollars less than what I paid for it. He wanted to know who I sold to as he tracked the whereabouts of all his helms....

Bought the helmet after his last auction site sale. He managed to dig one up even though the auction said they were the last one.....Sounds oddly like Matt's garage....Guess everyone has their price....

I never went there.

Its gotta be fumes or something given off by heated ABS and HIPS that makes people go insane. Every helmet maker I know has gone completely insane. I'm sending TE2 a gas mask before it gets him too.

*disclaimer*

TM may not be insane, I think his RPF outburst was just because he had completely had it with Gino, AP Ive never dealt with and GF hasnt been heard from in ages, maybe we should check up on him and make sure he isnt locked away in some asylum somewhere.

GF is perfectly fine out of the trooper world, from what I understand he is into scale modeling now. last I spoke to him it was about Movie accurate spider-man replicas.