Hello from Riverside

Hello, my name is Maria and I’m new to the group. I’m a 54 year old single mom and it’s been my 20 year wish to be a member of the 501st legion. I’m not handy nor a builder but my son and I are committed to try to get me (and maybe him) into the legion so I can be a stormtrooper at least once before I die (or Alderan blows up again).

• Like 3

Hello Maria and welcome to the FISD! You are in the right place for everything Stormtroopers!

Thank you for sharing your story! I say let's make this happen shall we?! :peace: I'd say being a Stormtrooper is one of the best feelings for s Star Wars fan with a 20 year old wish!

You don't need to be handy or a builder to build your own armor! Many people have done it by asking questions and posting images on cut lines here on the forum and achieved amazing results!

There are vendors that offer commissioned kits where you just have to send in your measurements and the armor will usually be up to 501st Legion standards! All of the builders on our vetted vendors list are trusted and deliver great pieces of armor!

What's your height?

Here is the list of vendors I was talking about!

Here is a good source of information that you can read up on to get a feel for what to do next on your journey! 

Thanks for the response Nairy. I’m approximately 5’7 and about 130 lbs. My son Luke and I have seen some stormtrooper kits on Etsy. 

• Like 1

I think that it would be very wise to take a look at the vendors list that I sent and at least write on here for feedback before you do any purchase! We all want you to have an armor that will live up to the 501st Legion standards, and withstand the test of trooping! :salute:

• Like 1

Hello there, Maria! I second what Jonatan has said on all fronts: let’s get you (and your son) into some TK armor! Definitely DEFINITELY check out our vetted vendor list that was already posted; in particular if you’ve been eyeing armor on Etsy.

Do you already know what particular era or movie stormtrooper armor you want to replicate? Many of us start with an ANH-Stunt style, which is what we all first saw in the opening minutes of A New Hope. “Stunt” refers to the generic stormtrooper character, versus the “Hero” style armor that Han and Luke wore on the Death Star.

I look forward to following along on your TK journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome Maria. Highly recommend you don’t buy from Etsy or eBay when sourcing the armour kit. There are reputable suppliers on the forums.

Hello and welcome aboard, research is the key, looking forward seeing a build from you soon.

Welcome!

Riverside, CA? I would also reach out to Southern California Garrison if you have not already if so.

Hello @Salome (Maria), and welcome to FISD. 

Personally, I would not buy my armor on sites like Etsy, Ebay etc...:(, not everything sold there is valid for the 501st, and we don't want you to spend your money on something it's not valid;)...

Take a look at the list sent to you by Nairy, and if you have any questions, ask...there is always someone willing to help in this great family that is FISD.:salute:

Welcome to FISD Maria.

We are here to help every step on the way ! ask all questions you have before paying any coin.

:salute:

I am also from Riverside, now living in West Michigan (Wyoming, MI). I am gathering my armor after learning what I can from the forums. It's overwhelming at first but I hope it will get easier once I meet more people from the 501st.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drdominee said:

I am also from Riverside, now living in West Michigan (Wyoming, MI). I am gathering my armor after learning what I can from the forums. It's overwhelming at first but I hope it will get easier once I meet more people from the 501st.

Welcome aboard Randy, good to hear you are doing your research, yes it can be overwhelming at first. If you can get to see members from your local garrison it can be a big help, getting hands on help or just a conversation can get you moving along. Looking forward to seeing a build from you soon.

This thread may also be of help

• Like 1