Retired TK number from Vegas

tk675

Hello everyone,

My name is Gari from Las Vegas, NV.  I was an approved TK from very early 2000’s.  I had to stop to raise kids and went back to school.  Just let life do its thing, so trooping went to the side.

Since I was there inactive, my number was retired.  Understandable.  

Now I’m trying to get back.  School finished awhile ago, kids a bit grown, and other projects done (ESB Boba Fett).  Decided to go with all new armor since my old once is now “no longer acceptable”.  I also understand this.  It gave me an excuse to get new armor!  

I decided to go with ANH stunt from AP, and blaster factory E-11.  The E-11 is already here by the way!  I am aiming for Centurion straight off the bat.

thank you everyone for all the intel I gathered over time here

Gari

TK675 (old retired number)

• Like 5

Hi Gari, and welcome back to the TK world! It's always a pleasure to meet a three-digit OG member. :salute:

You've made a great choice with AP and a Blaster Factory E-11, and it's awesome to see that you'll be building to L3 specs right from the beginning. Was your first kit an FX? Will be cool to see them side-by side once you've completed your build! Also I've never turned down photos of members with ESB Fett kits. Haha.

Hello Caleb,

Thanks!  I made the decisions on info and advice I got from this group.  My local GML is also very helpful.  My TK armor is probably an FX, but I never really knew back then.  We all just showed up.  Once I get the AP in, I will take side by side pics of all the parts to share.  I may put those on the appropriate place in the BUILD or AWAITING APPROVAL sections.

As far as my BF pics, I am happy to share them.  Let me know if I can post the pics here.  I might have to resize though.

The Dented Helmet is a whole different breed!  haha...I am also waiting for my ESB Boba to be approved.  It took about 4 years to get the parts, painted and assembled, and 2 years ago, I was able to wear it on Halloween.  I haven't trooped since I am still “retired” for the TK and have not submitted the BH for approval.

Cheers,

Gari

Edited by tk675

Welcome back.  I believe you should be able to reuse your old TK number, not many 3 digit trooper around these days!

Not the most up to date post but this might help post some images:

Thanks for the IMGUR instructions.  I just signed up, so let me test it out. 

This first image is my 20 year old TK armor that I resubmitted this month to our GML.  I already got tips on what to fix, so I will do those.  I also will get new armor as mentioned since I want to keep up with the times!  haha...

9g3iFp8.jpg

7QR7L2M.jpg

smiQFGi.jpg

c9K040a.jpg

Next is my 2 year old ESB Boba that is also submitted for approval for the first time....This is just to share with Caleb.

fafO5YU.jpg

aprPfDK.jpg

Some are from 2003 various troops (I'm the one with the blue arrow)....I hope this is not too much.  If it's in the wrong place, please move.

ZF2XqaV.jpg

xZFPaeT.jpg

vY1WlMh.jpg

1hcz8aU.jpg

ob0CoCn.jpg

I also tried the EDIT function....

Edited by tk675
  • Like 3

Thanks everyone.  I might start with my blaster factory build. Since I’m in line for the armor, I have some time.   New boots ordered from Keep Trooping.  Already got my flexible hand guards from Joseph.  
but it’s busiest time for both my jobs, so January will be start time.
can’t wait!  

• Like 1

Welcome back, Gari!  Since you are aiming for Centurion right away, one thing I would HIGHLY suggest is to order a new pair of boots.  The place most of get ours is Keeptrooping (Imperial boots), but unfortunately they only take orders in "waves" (usually about once a month or so).  The current wave ends today (Dec. 4th) so if you can I would jump on that.  They are high quality and acceptable all the way to Level 3 approval.  The link to the ones you will need is here.

Having them on hand is important when sizing the lower calf pieces, but worse case scenario you could use the ones you have now.  As suggested on their site, I would recommend ordering a size larger than what you normally wear, as they run a bit small.

You will be MORE than happy with your Blaster Factory E-11.  I have used many of their parts for various builds through the years and the quality/accuracy is phenomenal.

Looking forward to seeing your builds!

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

one thing I would HIGHLY suggest is to order a new pair of boots.  

He did ;)

9 hours ago, tk675 said:

New boots ordered from Keep Trooping.  

Thanks for the advice regarding the boots.  I ordered as soon as the Dec 1 sale went up.   I did order a size up since I’m flat footed and need wider shoes.   Haha….the costuming bug bit me for the 3rd time!  Ok fine, I’m still affected from the first time.  

Maybe I’ll see you soon @Harbinger hopefully with approved TK armor or Boba.  If not, I’ll be happy to wrangle and earn my keep!

Yes I already emailed them.  But I probably forgot to mention the wrangling part.  I’ll remind them.

I will start building my cheaper 3D printed E-11 (which is surprisingly very nice) that just arrived this weekend before I start on the all-metal one!  Haha

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 8:44 AM, MaskedVengeance said:

Hi Gari, and welcome back to the TK world! It's always a pleasure to meet a three-digit OG member. :salute:

You've made a great choice with AP and a Blaster Factory E-11, and it's awesome to see that you'll be building to L3 specs right from the beginning. Was your first kit an FX? Will be cool to see them side-by side once you've completed your build! Also I've never turned down photos of members with ESB Fett kits. Haha.

Here is an update to this introduction thread.  My BBB came in today surprisingly 1 week early.  I am not complaining.  Caleb, to address your comment on the side-by-side...here ya go.....as mentioned, my first helmet and kit was from 20 years ago, and it is probably an FX...not an EFX btw....

Aio0rux.jpg

hiF3iFm.jpg

3jxAFf1.jpg

vWh1qPk.jpg

The old one is bigger, and of course, inaccurate.  The rest of the pics of the build, I will post in the appropriate "build" place.

Thanks!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

On one hand, what a noticeable jump in accuracy… but pretty impressive how close people got with nothing more than VHS/DVD and magazine stills!

Exactly!  Lots of talented people out there....My old armor ABS is thicker too, so it feels a tad heavier.  I'll try to post side by side of the whole armor after the holidays.

I'm going to need a lot of help with the tweaks to this armor. 

Mainly the shins.  I don't know how to close them and keep them closed.  The knee armor also looks so off, so I know for sure it won't pass for any level.  I am so scared to heat these up and melt them hahaha....

hq1Z3l4.jpg

0FAmtmO.jpg

s1KfDBC.jpg

4 hours ago, tk675 said:

Exactly!  Lots of talented people out there....My old armor ABS is thicker too, so it feels a tad heavier.  I'll try to post side by side of the whole armor after the holidays.

I'm going to need a lot of help with the tweaks to this armor. 

Mainly the shins.  I don't know how to close them and keep them closed.  The knee armor also looks so off, so I know for sure it won't pass for any level.  I am so scared to heat these up and melt them hahaha....

hq1Z3l4.jpg

0FAmtmO.jpg

s1KfDBC.jpg

Some armor can be a little harder than others to assemble, brute force can help, masking tape, clamps, magnets can help.keep sections in place when drying. Some use a hot water bath to help pieces conform a little better, much easier to manage than using a heat gun.

As for closing its either elastic and bra hooks (original), Velcro which most use, or even magnets. I'll add some links when I'm next on computer 

A bit of hot/boiling water gives a nice bit of flex with out too much risk.  Very handy trick.

I am a fan of the elastic and bra hooks for the shin closures.  Gives a bit of flex and is very easy to do up.