ID 2153 Now requesting Elite Status.[62][FX]

Hi There,

Am I able to get Elite Status with these pix.

I've sent them to my GML for my TKID. I am already approved as an Imp Off.

Respectfully yours,

Scotty B)

http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/pp122/S...Armour/?start=0

Your TK will need to be clear first before getting elite staus with it, I would say the Abb buttons are a little bit the wrong colour. And possible the butt and thighs need a little attantion. AS the butt is under the thigh.

But all in all looks quite good B)

Good luck with it :)

Cheers,

I've submitted my pix to my GML earlier today. He is very good and I am hopeing to have it approved by the end of this weekend. (No pressure Scrappa) :D

I'm still looking to make some small trimming adjustments. Nothing too extream.

Just for everyone's convince please put the img links so the pictures appear the thread.

Overall your armor looks great. The 2 things I see that need to be addressed are your blaster needs some T tracks added to the sides, and your aerators need to be upgraded.

You'll be elite in no time.

Looks really good! For Elite you just need to make the changes that SuperTrooper suggested. For fit/finish, I'd like to recommend the following tweaks:

1. I'd put a little padding on the kidney plate sides and maybe do a little trimming so that the edges of it match to the edges of the ab plate.

2. For the belt a little velcro in front will help keep it positioned correctly.

3. The tube stripes look a little big. You can get some from trooperdecals, TK4510, or Scott M. that will fit your helmet a little better.

It's a great suit and already look much better that most TK's in the Legion - just need a wee bit of tweaks to really make it shine. :)

Thanks for the tips. :D

I'll get started on them straight away.

What's the aerator upgrate? Hadn't heard about that one. :huh:

With the belt, because I'm 5'7", I've attached it to the ab plate. Otherwise it was going to cover the ab buttons. At the back I just need to adjust the back down by slideing. It is something that has to happen when I armour up. Then, with the belt pulled down at the back you can't see that the butt and kidney plate are seperated. A catch 22 for a short-a very impolite person like myself. <_< In the pic of the sepeated kidney/butt plate you can tell that I've had to raise the back of the belt up to show the seperation.

I'm going to add extra padding to the top of my helmet to give me an extra inch. As well as lifts for my shoes. ;)

• 1 month later...

I know that it has been a while but I think I have now resolved all issues.

Accurate mic tips installed. Thanks Stomper. ;)

DSCF1560.jpg

T-track installed

DSCF1561.jpg

Thighs trimmed

DSCF1563.jpg

Does this now tick all the boxes for Elite Status?

Fingers Crossed :D

Scott,

Looks good, and you are 99% there. I do have to ask that the ab buttons get a darker blue. The blue on them now is a very true blue, and it should be a much darker navy color. I believe it is a Humbrol #5

Also, are these snap heads? I wanted to see if they are the correct size. They should be about 7/16th in size, and to me they look big.

I am not sure if they have Chicago screws down under but these work very well:

Tandy leather Chicago screws

Again, this is a very small part, but to keep in the Elite tradition, I would say those need a slight upgrade.

Thanks, look forward to seeing this soon!!! Don't give up, you are SOOOOOO close!!

• 1 month later...

Okay........ Here we go.........

I got this great AB Button set off VaderDave. Thanks again, Mate. ;)

I've just installed them in time for a hospital troop tomorow.

So...... How about now? :):mellow::huh::D

AbButtons.jpg

Congrats on the elite status.

Another tip that would make you look even better is to adjust the positioning of the shoulder bells.

They show too much black from the front and are very tight at the back. Its almost as if the stapping is pulling them too far backwards.

Heres a comparison.

Ive adjusted the left bell and the left thigh piece.

l_956d4f69e87945418cb69f5d9c9e4995.jpg

Also if you raise the calfs a bit then it wont cover the sniper plate.

This is not a critisism just a guide to help you look even better than you do.

cheers

Thanks Guys.

Yeah I noticed the bell and thigh problems too. :blush:

They have been fixed. :duim:

The bell prob was because it wasn't sitting right in the press stud. The velcro was twisted. Simple matter of taking if of and putting it on straight. Wish all tweaks were as easy as that. The photo was taken in a rush as it was on a troop and was as hot as heck.

The thigh took a little longer. I trimmed the top as suggested in one of the posts above. I then had to move the press stud a little lower to raise the thigh higher. Had to do the same on the other side so they would match. Tweak... Tweak.... Tweak. :lol:

Thanks for all the suggestions Guys. And I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank my fellow Squadmate Dredd. He was instramental in getting me Elite Status. The use of his home(known to the squad as Kamino), tools, skills and food was greatly appriecated. He didn't do it all. He made me get in there with the dremel and get covered in ABS shaveings. Otherwise I might not have had the confidence to attach the AB buttons last night.

Thanks Dredd. I tip my bucket to you. :salute: