ANH stormtrooper gloves alternative

Hi,

Is there an alternative for the rubber gloves? Im looking for something more forgiving because I have a somewhat allergic reaction to them. I see a lot troopers swap them out for other after approval.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn H9436 met Tapatalk

This has been asked and answered a million times (use the Search function!), but remains a hill I will die on.

Rubber gloves are awful and the only time I ever wear them is for Centurion photos.

I troop in Southern California where it is is currently 95°F/35°C regularly and I have literally seen troopers take off their rubber gloves and POUR sweat out of them. Adding cotton inner gloves to just soak up the sweat is ridiculous to me. I can assure you that average fans (and even confirmed our LFL reps) absolutely do care about your gloves, so this is one where comfort and heat safety trump L3 accuracy all day, every day.

The Nomex gloves are better, but still quite thick and I don't like the leather palm and strip that is on most of them (and glaringly inaccurate). I wear the most simple, thin, breathable all-black gloves that I can find. At present, those have typically been "running gloves", which can be a bit challenging to find without logos or adornments, but the below are a similar to what I currently wear and something similar may be available in your region.

Unigear Lightweight Running Gloves

798SYny.jpg

Make smart choices, stay cool, wear rubber for L3.

Edited by TheRascalKing

I'll die on that hill with ya Justin. :jc_doublethumbup:

New Mexico is not a place for rubber gloves IMHO. I've used these nomex pilot's gloves for each and every one of my troops and have the rubber ones in storage for Centurion photos. They've held up very well and I'm on my 2nd pair. The first got changed out at about 50 troops.

71u-CKR1YyL._AC_UX679_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071D5PZHQ

The touch screen fingertips aren't great. I use some junk called AnyGlove to make the fingertips work on my phone for selfies. It's black paint/goo that feels very similar to skin when you (or your phone) touch it. A bottle does about 10 pairs.

71+LTZ03alL._AC_UX679_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/AnyGlove-Touchscreen-Compatible-Motorcycle-Snowboarding/dp/B095VF6QFW

I've found I need to reapply the AnyGlove after about 5 glove washes. It's very easy to reapply. It dries in about an hour on reapplication and in about 3 hours the first time. If you apply it in the evening, you can troop the next morning.

OH, and I see Mario linked to these same gloves!!! Nice.

3 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

This has been asked and answered a million times (use the Search function!), but remains a hill I will die on.

Rubber gloves are awful and the only time I ever wear them is for Centurion photos.

I troop in Southern California where it is is currently 95°F/35°C regularly and I have literally seen troopers take off their rubber gloves and POUR sweat out of them. Adding cotton inner gloves to just soak up the sweat is ridiculous to me. I can assure you that average fans (and even confirmed our LFL reps) absolutely do care about your gloves, so this is one where comfort and heat safety trump L3 accuracy all day, every day.

The Nomex gloves are better, but still quite thick and I don't like the leather palm and strip that is on most of them (and glaringly inaccurate). I wear the most simple, thin, breathable all-black gloves that I can find. At present, those have typically been "running gloves", which can be a bit challenging to find without logos or adornments, but the below are a similar to what I currently wear and something similar may be available in your region.

Unigear Lightweight Running Gloves

798SYny.jpg

Make smart choices, stay cool, wear rubber for L3.

I've been giving this consideration myself.  Very awkward and uncomfortable in rubber and hard to grip anything or pick up anything small I've been finding.  Glad to see others have made the switch and not executed over it!  Bart