Greetings from NY!

Hello troopers, I wanted to formally introduce myself and use this post as a platform to gather as much additional information as I can while I embark this new journey that I’m incredibly passionate about. 

A little background: Recently, I traveled from New York City to San Diego Comic Con where I had the privilege of stumbling upon some amazing people at a 501st Legion booth. I needed little convincing as I have some cosplay experience and the ambition to pursue a Stormtrooper outfit prior to meeting the Legion. 

Since then, I’ve been digging through the web of 501st & FISD to acclimate myself with the process and learn as much as I can. 

I’m incredibly new to this whole experience and would really like to dive in to putting myself in a position where I have a good understanding about those first initial steps of buying a kit, putting it together, etc. 

So hello again! I look forward to any input provided for a someone really new to all of this. And I’ll do my best to provide any clarity on any uncertainties. 

You will hear from me soon,

Santana

• Like 2

Hello and welcome aboard, if you've not seen this thread before it can be a great help, good luck with the research

• Like 1

Greetings Santana! It’s fantastic to hear that we have another trooper in the making with you and awesome that you got to meet some Legion members at SDCC! Have you decided yet on which particular stormtrooper variant you may go with? You’ll also then need to decide on a particular armor vendor to buy from, and the link that Glen posted includes this specific thread:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

• Like 1

Hello Santana,

Lots of information on these forums, but don’t feel too overwhelmed the links provided previously are excellent at getting you going. Whatever you do be sure to research the armors and vendors that are vetted before just buying anything online. There are definitely reasons these resources exist to help make the process easier for everyone.

Looking forward to your decision and progress!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the FISD! Any and all questions that you have, we are here for you! :salute: Glad to have you!

• Like 1

Sent you a PM with some information on the process and my personal experience, hopefully it can help you on your journey! :D 

• Like 1

Hello Santana, welcome to the FISD. 
looking forward to seeing your build.  There are lots of very knowledgeable and helpful people here, so always feel free to ask any questions along the way. 

Welcome to the FISD.

Seems like you have already been pointed in the right direction. 

Any questions, just ask. :)

And when things get serious, start a build thread so we can help.

By the way, I like you current profile picture. ;)