TK-10093 Requesting ANH (Stunt) EIB Status (AP)

Trooper Info

Costume Information

• Armor Maker: Authentic Props (AP)
  • Helmet Maker: Authentic Props (AP)
  • E-11 Blaster: Hyperfirm Weaponry (HFX Productions)
  • Canvas Belt: Trooperbay
  • Hand Guards: Trooperbay
  • Gloves: Rubber Chemical Gloves; Trooperbay
  • Electronics: iComm, Aker Voice Amp, Echo's Helmet Fan Kit
  • Neck Seal: Ebay
  • Holster: Darmans Props
  • Boots: TK Boots

Front:

uc?export=download&id=1Xn3xMG91eHV6VmH_v

Back:

uc?export=download&id=1O2TOiSLjbI0gHW_dj

Left Side:

uc?export=download&id=1HM6wUEJydKDldMo_5

Right Side:

uc?export=download&id=1my3UELkR8EV2UAjzA

Left Side Detail:

uc?export=download&id=1l0FgRqMRh-r0b07pA

Right Side Detail:

uc?export=download&id=1ufg6lPpxei3xRHZUm

Action Shot:

uc?export=download&id=1Qm484-r_dpY7WNRJp

uc?export=download&id=1-ABL5vQ6Qtv4EpkF5

Left Shoulder Bridge Front:

uc?export=download&id=1N-Pc8-pieoekdWfAb

Left Shoulder Bridge Side:

uc?export=download&id=1dT-UOC7jNEoOjrbdh

Left Shoulder Bridge Rear:

uc?export=download&id=1w6EvkK2_-HZF4Pf1l

Right Shoulder Bridge Front:

uc?export=download&id=1CR2EQiF3e-8VeCvwQ

Right Shoulder Bridge Side:

uc?export=download&id=1LxoG05AtTKghm3bzM

Right Shoulder Bridge Rear:

uc?export=download&id=13QCsfNc_eQfI0mcEc

Abdomen Buttons (close-up):

uc?export=download&id=1Hlu9IWlk3YJN_RVGx

Cod and posterior plate connections showing rivet/snaps (exterior):

uc?export=download&id=1hCbpM4xJUMxWeklyj

Posterior plate/kidney connection (back/or front):

uc?export=download&id=14ua_uUFWdNb5rmLvx

uc?export=download&id=1j8HRNMM9j8Lmouw7k

Wrist openings (close-up):

uc?export=download&id=1Qw4juwKqmLynak3LW

uc?export=download&id=1BBzrCuXTuLlB6qbqU

Sniper Knee Plate (left and right sides):

uc?export=download&id=1Ly8d1oUm_mBQFYm0j

uc?export=download&id=1ZD-LPc4x6Nkf9d040

knee ammo pack (left and right sides):

uc?export=download&id=1sIz1P_iaG0M763KKO

uc?export=download&id=1dQJ_Oxwyeg3VsNedB

Interior strapping:

uc?export=download&id=11l8zWli_-8pBU0WwP

Helmet Front:

uc?export=download&id=1HQg9Pzapf4vP02lfm

Helmet Left:

uc?export=download&id=1AlmZ5UvfmECMebFN-

Helmet Right:

uc?export=download&id=119SOA9inJiQkLDR9W

Helmet Rear:

uc?export=download&id=1zPxFGG56PlZ3U2VFq

S-trim (side view):

uc?export=download&id=1FZqfCbFznehPaO8wz

Helmet Lens Color:

uc?export=download&id=1cb6EHKlS8ilMusDFv

Hovi Tips (close-up):

uc?export=download&id=1pCi3Yk3birskzPNRZ

uc?export=download&id=1EYNoDoHmNN41zLNI0

Ear Screws Left:

uc?export=download&id=1dOj4NzwR44spobn0e

Ear Screws Right:

uc?export=download&id=1xjtlsueOy5k-j8QNj

Neck Seal:

uc?export=download&id=1qvibKmYGuu4w3JN59

Thermal Detonator Front:

uc?export=download&id=1_ZDCYZBXYzAZG7-tP

Thermal Detonator Rear:

uc?export=download&id=10-tJEPpeefZ6ZIvQ0

Holster Attachment:

uc?export=download&id=1e4cb5aGKCS4uHu8KI

ABS/Canvas belt (rear, showing drop boxes):

uc?export=download&id=1GCj-ZPUUYyvwQaWpe

Boots (showing tops and sides):

uc?export=download&id=1wKuFcDqJBcKWHwUI1

Rubber Gloves:

uc?export=download&id=12EcZ4_5id34rfrawr

Hand Guards (showing flexibility):

uc?export=download&id=1KWhiwBp3-upqz-g9O

Blaster Left:

uc?export=download&id=189fDmUUUO0HyW_JvV

Blaster Right:

uc?export=download&id=1vPFlsweLToLDkYm_Q

Blaster Rear (showing D-ring):

uc?export=download&id=1dGwo0ArUizV9-FBf3

• Like 3

Hi Nicholas, and thanks for your submission for Expert Infantry!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Before we can get started and get that badge under your name we need a few tweaks, but in seeing how well you built that armor they should be pretty easy!

The first two are actually requirements for Basic approval:

As per the CRL "The white control panel raised rib pad faces the rear..." and yours is facing more toward the top. 

image.jpeg.3ee4c4cbafda79f4dd64b843527e8284.jpeg

Reference images

ITJKfmg.jpg?1  3STtHa4.jpg?1  oa2nbIl.jpg?1  YNBRUsc.jpg?1    Apk2iZ0.jpg?1      image.jpeg.aea9c0cea9ab1e668d21d112a92a0167.jpeg

Hopefully the clips are not glued on, but to fix this what I would suggest is to remove the screws, cut off the ends of the clips, rotate the plate down, re-drill the holes near the ends and then re-attach the screws.  Should take less than 15 minutes! 

image.jpeg.3299e2a28e36cd72e0ac265d5d5afb6b.jpeg

"Frown is gray and does not leave the teeth area".  This is a common issue we see a lot, and actually not that hard to take care of.  You just need some (non acetone) paint remover, a few toothpicks, some cotton swabs and a paper towel or two.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

image.jpeg.0fd27b55d11a67f44bc3231bfeba70af.jpeg    

Reference images

image.jpeg.86439ffde34d6034c382c72aa93de6fc.jpegimage.jpeg.0b26d146390caa62839d9fc2a9169574.jpegimage.jpeg.0a4ccae65ac999772e5b34cc8b6f735e.jpeg

For Level 2 you will need to add some white paint around the rim of your Hovi tip.  "...the rim of the mic and the inside are white or painted white".  It doesn't have to be a heavy line, and should take all of 3 minutes.  EASY!

Reference images

image.jpeg.9a887b90bac59655adbdaef90f1e4d88.jpeg               image.jpeg.fb41dc4673881c9db22db37ce18ced18.jpeg  image.jpeg.8d59efbae6a13c23118427fcce900fa4.jpeg  image.jpeg.37530bd7248174eeb9d061c0c2c57ce7.jpeg

Last up..  Can you post a few more photos showing different angles of your sniper knee plate connection?  Thanks! 

I have every faith that you can take care of these items, but if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact one of us on the D.O. staff and we are ready to help.  Looking forward to seeing the new images so that we can get you processed as the newest EI in the Florida Garrison!  :salute:

Looking good Nicholas, you got this! :jc_doublethumbup:

Never seen the shoulder bell strap snapping above the white shoulder elastic strap before! It could look even cleaner if it was under it, since the black strap will go against your black understuit! Just a thought!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nairy said:

Looking good Nicholas, you got this! :jc_doublethumbup:

Never seen the shoulder bell strap snapping above the white shoulder elastic strap before! It could look even cleaner if it was under it, since the black strap will go against your black understuit! Just a thought!

Thank you so much for that catch! That should be a very easy fix to place the black elastic strap underneath the white shoulder elastic. I appreciate it! :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Nicholas, and thanks for your submission for Expert Infantry!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Before we can get started and get that badge under your name we need a few tweaks, but in seeing how well you built that armor they should be pretty easy!

The first two are actually requirements for Basic approval:

As per the CRL "The white control panel raised rib pad faces the rear..." and yours is facing more toward the top. 

image.jpeg.3ee4c4cbafda79f4dd64b843527e8284.jpeg

Reference images

ITJKfmg.jpg?1  3STtHa4.jpg?1  oa2nbIl.jpg?1  YNBRUsc.jpg?1    Apk2iZ0.jpg?1      image.jpeg.aea9c0cea9ab1e668d21d112a92a0167.jpeg

Hopefully the clips are not glued on, but to fix this what I would suggest is to remove the screws, cut off the ends of the clips, rotate the plate down, re-drill the holes near the ends and then re-attach the screws.  Should take less than 15 minutes! 

image.jpeg.3299e2a28e36cd72e0ac265d5d5afb6b.jpeg

"Frown is gray and does not leave the teeth area".  This is a common issue we see a lot, and actually not that hard to take care of.  You just need some (non acetone) paint remover, a few toothpicks, some cotton swabs and a paper towel or two.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

image.jpeg.0fd27b55d11a67f44bc3231bfeba70af.jpeg    

Reference images

image.jpeg.86439ffde34d6034c382c72aa93de6fc.jpegimage.jpeg.0b26d146390caa62839d9fc2a9169574.jpegimage.jpeg.0a4ccae65ac999772e5b34cc8b6f735e.jpeg

For Level 2 you will need to add some white paint around the rim of your Hovi tip.  "...the rim of the mic and the inside are white or painted white".  It doesn't have to be a heavy line, and should take all of 3 minutes.  EASY!

Reference images

image.jpeg.9a887b90bac59655adbdaef90f1e4d88.jpeg               image.jpeg.fb41dc4673881c9db22db37ce18ced18.jpeg  image.jpeg.8d59efbae6a13c23118427fcce900fa4.jpeg  image.jpeg.37530bd7248174eeb9d061c0c2c57ce7.jpeg

Last up..  Can you post a few more photos showing different angles of your sniper knee plate connection?  Thanks! 

I have every faith that you can take care of these items, but if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact one of us on the D.O. staff and we are ready to help.  Looking forward to seeing the new images so that we can get you processed as the newest EI in the Florida Garrison!  :salute:

Thank you so much for reviewing my application! I greatly appreciate the kind words and will work on getting the changes listed hammered out! :salute:

Please see below for additional photos of my sniper plate connection.

Sniper Plate Front:

uc?export=download&id=1BVbUTwLP8H_v0lCOW

Sniper Plate Left:

uc?export=download&id=1BZStLw7Jcs-qUhqzY

Sniper Plate Right:

uc?export=download&id=1BR9ecwF8zcUJHBIet

Thanks for the detail photos, Nicholas!  Unfortunately we have one last item to add to your list.  As per the CRL for Level 2, the "Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin".  

image.jpeg.14031fa5994be524b1875d50e1397848.jpeg  image.jpeg.3de5acc288720eada6e506618ea0ce37.jpeg

Were there misaligned ridges in the film?  You bet (see red outlined reference pic), but as most were aligned this is the reason it's listed in the CRL as a requirement.  Can this be achieved with your armor?  Absolutely!  The last 2 photos below show others who have done a fantastic job with their AP kits.

image.jpeg.616ee4badcdab852a3adcd77ca4cae7a.jpeg    image.jpeg.ae5c48a355ae98c831e632e7c4fae66f.jpeg  image.jpeg.9976863d2a2a4605247bd48b649c24f2.jpeg   image.jpeg.0094cefc6ba862e36584dd071c98a25f.jpeg              image.jpeg.36649782dec555353cb6886aef3d5f3c.jpeg   image.jpeg.022483be4a4a9d299dd8903463ab4b6f.jpeg

Hopefully you used E-6000 for attaching them.  If so, it will require some of your time but will be well worth the effort and is not as difficult as you may think.  You are more than welcome (and encouraged) to contact me if I can help, but hopefully Adam @revlimiter and Gerald @Doggydoc can provide some better insight as they have mastered it.

Don't give up, brother.  You are SO close.. :jc_doublethumbup:  

The AP knee is a bear. I removed mine and boiled it to reshape.

tk69.jpg

A little hard to tell, but the outside edge (closest to the pot) is bent waaay down from where it was. They came on the same plane from AP. Mine needed to be reshaped to have that outside edge angled down toward the boot by a lot.

tk70.jpg

In doing so, I cracked the knee here. But it relieved some stress.

tk71.jpg

I was then able to reclamp things and get the sides to line up correctly.  Notice the gap at the bottom of my knee. It's not excessive, but was required to get everything to line up correctly. It's about a 5mm gap.

tk72.jpg

I then drilled a hole at the end of the crack and backed it with a small piece of ABS scrap. Possibly some cover strip.

tk73.jpg

Then I added ABS paste and let it fully cure for 24 hours.

tk74.jpg

And then I sanded it flat and polished it back up with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. This isn't photoshop trickery. It really came out this smooth.

If yours doesn't crack, this is about 15 minutes of work. Maaaybe 20. It was quite easy to do, I just got over aggressive with the reshaping.

• Like 7

Thank you all so much for reviewing my armor and providing such detailed and positive feedback! I have to say that the knee plate will take me a good bit of time and effort. I'm very thankful for your tutorial @revlimiter, it is greatly appreciated! :salute:

Depending on the amount of time it takes me to make these changes, I may end up opting to re-submit in the near future. Regardless, it's fantastic to know what I need to do to improve my armor. This has been a personal goal of mine for years, so I'm thankful to be taking steps in the right direction in order to get this knocked out.

@justjoseph63 thank you so much for your thorough review! :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 3

Hi Nicholas.

I did not have to heat / boil my sniper knee plate.  Just glued it in place in stages.

I used E6000 and glued and clamped one side with the other side taped in position.  I let the glue set for a few days and then glued the other side.  Just took some creative bending and gentle force. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Nezom said:

Depending on the amount of time it takes me to make these changes, I may end up opting to re-submit in the near future. Regardless, it's fantastic to know what I need to do to improve my armor. This has been a personal goal of mine for years, so I'm thankful to be taking steps in the right direction in order to get this knocked out.

That's the spirit!  You don't have to re-submit, btw.  Just post up the new pics here and we can get started!  :popcorn:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nezom said:

Thank you all so much for reviewing my armor and providing such detailed and positive feedback! I have to say that the knee plate will take me a good bit of time and effort. I'm very thankful for your tutorial @revlimiter, it is greatly appreciated! :salute:

@justjoseph63 thank you so much for your thorough review! :jc_doublethumbup:

You got this Nicholas , just a final effort !!!   

"Retreat? Hell, we just got here!"  :Stormtrooper_walk_south:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Due to the delay in any movement on this submission we are considering it inactive. If you would like to continue, please get in touch with any member of the D.O. staff. Thanks!