Phasma build loading

ZaanSolo

Hi Everyone

I am in the process of starting the research and sourcing of items to do a Phasma build. In saying that, I have never built a costume (so naturally I would choose one of the hardest to do as my first). I have reached out to some suppliers and just waiting back to hear before I order the kit, but as part of that I wanted to ask a few questions and also kind of start the conversation. The assembly I think I am comfortable with trimming, strapping, etc. thanks to the build threads and the resources on the forum, I would be lost without all of this. I am still waiting for access to the FB Phasma builders to get the list of more up to date suppliers (thank to Captain cupcake for the list in Tims build though).

I am a woman, height 1,7m (think that's 5f7 I think), based in Europe. 

I had a read around in the forum and there is so much info but I have some specific questions:

**Fibre glass kit vs ABS**

- To get the fit right for a woman is either a better option (if someone has experience with both types would love your input). Also flexibility and mobility also a consideration.  

- Have any of you experienced a difference in the TLJ paint finish between the different sets? (intending to have the kit painted by either body shop or doing the vacuum metalized process) 

- Paint maintenance, related to the above question, but more around how well the finish has held up and how difficult/easy the maintenance was.

**Undersuit, neck seal and gaskets**

- Has any one done a suit with gaskets built in? Is it advisable to even do that? 

Hoping to start posting the process soon. 

Thank again to everyone on here 

Hi Zaan , welcome to FISD.

Wow!, even though Phasma looks hard to build , it's not imposible and here you will find useful info and help every step on the way.

If you haven't done yet, take a look to the First order Battle Group here to see some other resources list

Bellow some threads you may want to check.

LIST OF PHASMA BUILD THREADS 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/197-captain-phasma-build-threads/

Research is the clue. :salute:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Zaan , welcome to FISD.

Wow!, even though Phasma looks hard to build , it's not imposible and here you will find useful info and help every step on the way.

If you haven't done yet, take a look to the First order Battle Group here to see some other resources list

Bellow some threads you may want to check.

LIST OF PHASMA BUILD THREADS 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/197-captain-phasma-build-threads/

Research is the clue. :salute:

Thanks so much, I did read those and they were super helpful. 

At the moment I am just waiting for some feedback from 850, KB and Shaun. Wanted to check on some of the questions I had as it would play a part in the choice of kit as well. 

I am going to start sourcing everything else while waiting for the final decision and purchase of the kit. 

Any and all advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks so much

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZaanSolo said:

**Undersuit, neck seal and gaskets**

- Has any one done a suit with gaskets built in? Is it advisable to even do that? 

In my case ,I bought the fabric gaskets , they came separate but at the end  it has been more confortable to attach then to the Shoulders/chest . just took off the velcro and sewed it .

FasPz1u.jpg?1

• Like 1

There is a Phasma Facebook group that may have some more info for you, not that many builds here on the forum unfortunately 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1654472361474254

Hi Zaan, and welcome.

Not helpful on sizing, but ABS is easier to trim, shim and clean up areas if need be, Fiber glass obviously more difficult to do that but the details can be sharper.

Also you need to seal or line the inside of a fiber glass kit well due to the nature of those fibers sticking into you and itching like crazy.

1 hour ago, Sly11 said:

Hi Zaan, and welcome.

Not helpful on sizing, but ABS is easier to trim, shim and clean up areas if need be, Fiber glass obviously more difficult to do that but the details can be sharper.

Also you need to seal or line the inside of a fiber glass kit well due to the nature of those fibers sticking into you and itching like crazy.

Thanks for this Sly. 

After your reply went and did a bit of checking, definitely something to consider. At this stage considering everything the Jimmy kit seems to still be the front runner, the sharper details is probably worth the additional effort for me at this stage. As soon as I have heard back from 850 though will pull the trigger.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Nothing better than BBB's

Icysmnx0lpsy.jpg.268427ad73ed5440daa447eb15d9b467.jpg