Jeffnmar requesting pre approval ANH Stunt (AM 4.5)

Jeffnmar

1. Name: Jeff Wilson

2. Future Garrison : Cloud City Garrison

3. Armor maker: AM ( commission build) 

4. Helmet maker: AM

5. Cloth belt maker: AM

6. Neck seal maker: Darman

7. Boot maker: Imperial Boots

9. Blaster maker: Quest design Canada

10. Gasket maker: N/A

11. Height: 5'9"

12. weight: 210lbs

13. TK Type - ANH Stunt

14. Shoutouts : @gmrhodes13 , @fishgoh0nk, @CallMeMrTibbles and @justjoseph63 , and there were a few more that helped along the way, can't thank everyone enough for all the help!

Let me preface this was a commission build By Dave at Daves Darkside Depot , I did have a build thread 'per say' but did have some trimming and tweaks that needed to be made , I jut want to thank everyone for their help and feedback , Ideally I have been able to make the necessary adjustments needed to gain  basic  status with the hopes  to move up the ranks! I feel this a great start especially since I am rocking the "Dad Bod". :-).  LOL ....  Looking forward to the reviews , ideally I have all the pictures below needed and did not leave anything out.

2EFSFUr.jpg

GYZEmea.jpg

PdvwdIX.jpg

3ok0Mk8.jpg

lno1LuM.jpg

rNHCB7d.jpg

Z3NEdDS.jpg

xZkhf0A.jpg

WgxQjBq.jpg

JqbLfmU.jpg

jvujIzL.jpg

c7YQbiX.jpg

hhvnqtp.jpg

vWVqgBs.jpg

7k8v043.jpg

1CQKLUD.jpg

HT7vewV.jpg

1QEq9vT.jpg?1

0l0JMhl.jpg

Edited by Jeffnmar
resized pictures

Looking good, just a couple of minor dressing/fitment issues, also a few things for higher levels you may want to adjust but should be ok for base approval:

I would drop your forearms a little, they are touching your biceps and you also have a large gap at the wrists.

Belt could come up a little, should either touch or be just under the last button on your larger ab plate.

Thigh is hitting your sniper plate, adjust the gap or add some foam behind the sniper plate to help push it away from the thigh.

It also looks like you have more gap on your shoulder bells on the left side to the right, could even these out 

2EFSFUr.jpg

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

Ideally with cover strips we try to cover all the raised section, yours stop short on the thighs, may not be an issue for base approval but may be mentioned at higher levels

legss.thumb.png.24e5ac7040c9060ebc299ca029cdcaa7.png

gallery_12157_15_41437.jpg

Plastic belt section is on a lower angle than the fabric belt. Also noticed your belt button covers are a little thick. 

GYZEmea.thumb.jpg.a14791655bdf4634fa550ee597671d69.jpgbut.jpg.dda17b8bf46a5b26535d6e71a7bd7c25.jpg

GjSdCiW.jpg?1

Ideally there should be no gap between your ab and kidney but shouldn't be an issue for base approval

Drop boxes aren't quite in line with the end of the plastic belt.

Noticed your butt plate is just sticking up over the belt, using tighter strapping or adding V tabs may help

You have some bunching/wrinkling on the belt at the end of the plastic section.

PdvwdIX.thumb.jpg.aa12d5ff3f77b9bfe10865c1ef0497a5.jpg

JuwSduC.jpg?1  vo0s2dK.png?1 

Detonator isn't sitting central, also a bit high and could be rotated to see more of the O detail. Also check the dimensions as there doesn't seem to be enough gap between the endcaps and control panel

Backplate being pushed away, may need tighter strapping. Could also get the rear of the shoulder straps to sit against the backplate.

Butt plate is sitting very low, you may need tighter strapping between the butt and cod, as is you may hit your thighs when moving.

There is also some undersuit showing bottom of your shin closure

3ok0Mk8.thumb.jpg.e0b31aaa8624407e1706010116f3b4bc.jpg

td.png.1f8afeb5d3701705ac317e4885645008.png

66W22Oe.jpg?1   ENBGgGW.jpg?1  eXtIssr.jpg?2   

The vocoder center rise is a little higher than the others. Also double check there is not paint on the gums, a couple look very close 

xZkhf0A.jpg

s4AllTr.jpg?1

KKZqeB8.jpg?2   IMNaNgw.jpg?2  9ZBQOLM.jpg?3  

Bottom ear screw head on an angle, not flush with ear

WgxQjBq.jpg

VtBLiIO.jpg?2

End of brow trim on helmet is sticking upwards, not so bad on the right but left is a lot. May be the hear is sitting too high. 

jvujIzL.jpg

oYDEzWK.jpg?1  wAMSyBP.jpg?2

Also when taking photos try to rotate your legs straight so your coverstrips are centered

1140486024_3ok0Mk8(1).thumb.jpg.1cb432626d44ae0325d1b815fb45b6e5.jpg

Normally a gloss or satin black is used on the blaster, shouldn't be a problem for basic

Henglster is sitting too low

HT7vewV.jpg

5Xtpr0a.png

Once again great work and good luck with approval

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the feedback , have some time dedicated this weekend to help correct some of the issues. I can work on getting some of the strapping at the correct length to help with a few of the issues ,  I will take a look at the TD and correct the helmet issues. 

Thanks so much , almost  there !!!! 

• Like 2

Hi Jeff. Great work!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

About the tube stripes(helmet), something that strikes me (and that we see often;)), is that the tops in the front section should lean forward. I am just telling you this for your information. If you can fix it, that would be great.:jc_doublethumbup:

CRL-Fall of tube stripe tops ideally lean toward the front.

Reference images

c7YQbiX-crop.jpg.a0401483cd7ba5e55699797ea5bda98e.jpg   hhvnqtp-crop.jpg.2d8a9569821f60d5e219e29f77ed6f5d.jpg         qzPTTir.png    T72j0KT.jpg   QeKQYWx.jpg

I was able to work on the belt  and TD this afternoon , helmet and butt strapping next , I did order some sheets of PVC off trooperbay to work on the thigh cover strips and make some VTABS if tightening the straps for the  piece doesn't correct the problem.

Used some hot glue to help position ( and strengthen a bit) the drop boxes so there is better alignment with on the belt. The rest was corrected by properly putting on the belt and keeping everything "level".  Not using the belt to help suck in the gut from the 'dad bod' also helped keep from the bunching issue :-)... 

wVzBXt1l.jpg

47fClRkl.jpg

yXZsA53l.jpg

GTtwAghl.jpg

ViVShMsl.jpg

Edited by Jeffnmar
  • Like 1

How does the TD look now , I repositioned the metal hooks to get more of the 'O' showing, is it OK if of some of the metal clip is showing on top , on the CRL I noticed a very small portion , from my picture it looks like to much is showing and I should bring in the metal clip closer to the TD for a more 'flush fit' .

I measured and I am right a 1/2" spacing for the end cap and the program piece , so should be OK there now. 

MMWhYbMl.jpg

Edited by Jeffnmar

38 minutes ago, Chemi said:

Hi Jeff. Great work!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

About the tube stripes(helmet), something that strikes me (and that we see often;)), is that the tops in the front section should lean forward. I am just telling you this for your information. If you can fix it, that would be great.:jc_doublethumbup:

CRL-Fall of tube stripe tops ideally lean toward the front.

Reference images

c7YQbiX-crop.jpg.a0401483cd7ba5e55699797ea5bda98e.jpg   hhvnqtp-crop.jpg.2d8a9569821f60d5e219e29f77ed6f5d.jpg         qzPTTir.png    T72j0KT.jpg   QeKQYWx.jpg

Thank you for that , I have a few things I need to do on the helmet  near the left ear , and might tackle this as well. This was a commission build from Daves Darkside , I might mention that to him as well so he is aware in the future. I think I should be able to remove these pretty easily and reapply a new set following your advice.

TY for that , great attention to detail Chemi! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jeffnmar said:

MMWhYbMl.jpg

Something still off with your TD the gap is very small, perhaps check the end cap width. 

Comparison 

MMWhYbMl.jpg.4d4b6992f42ffe9ccd458df97160395c.jpg

You are correct about the clips, perhaps open them up a little so the drop down further on the belt. 

Drop box alignment is much better

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Something still off with your TD the gap is very small, perhaps check the end cap width. 

Comparison 

MMWhYbMl.jpg.4d4b6992f42ffe9ccd458df97160395c.jpg

You are correct about the clips, perhaps open them up a little so the drop down further on the belt. 

Drop box alignment is much better

DOH!!!! The end caps are measuring 1" , looks like I need to reduce them to 3/4" ( take 1/4" off) , that should get them more in line . I will reposition the clips as well as suggested.

Time to hit the sander , not sure I can cut the thicker end cap  plastic with cutters :-) ... A little frustrated that these things are off ( specially the helmet and TD) since this was a commission build ,  but then again I am not sure of any commission builds that are 100% out of the box!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jeffnmar said:

A little frustrated that these things are off ( specially the helmet and TD) since this was a commission build ,  but then again I am not sure of any commission builds that are 100% out of the box!

Many commission builders build to base requirements, you may very well be approved as it is now, we try to give feedback that will see you hopefully pass not just base requirements but also EIB and Centurion ;) 

Excellent work on these suggestions, Jeff!   I admire the fact that you are taking on these items, and your attention to details is to be applauded!  You are absolutely correct when you said that very few commission builds are perfect right out of the box.  Fitting armor from afar is a lot different than in person!

I (honestly) hate to add to your list, and it will not affect you for Basic or even Expert Infantry but the button covers on the ABS belt will need to be reduced if  when you apply for Centurion. ;)  As seen in the reference images, they lie flat against the belt and have no raised edges.  I had to make the same exact change for my first build, and it's really not that difficult.  Just (carefully) use a razor knife to pry them up, trim down the sides and glue em' back on.  Should take you all of 10 - 15 minutes.  

Reference images                            Centurion approved AM belt

npvJpzM.jpg     kSPfyEf.jpg?1  OgDHAaP.jpg          DgkSTug.jpg?1

Just keep doing what you are doing, keep up the great attitude and we will get you there, sir.  :salute:

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Excellent work on these suggestions, Jeff!   I admire the fact that you are taking on these items, and your attention to details is to be applauded!  You are absolutely correct when you said that very few commission builds are perfect right out of the box.  Fitting armor from afar is a lot different than in person!

I (honestly) hate to add to your list, and it will not affect you for Basic or even Expert Infantry but the button covers on the ABS belt will need to be reduced if  when you apply for Centurion. ;)  As seen in the reference images, they lie flat against the belt and have no raised edges.  I had to make the same exact change for my first build, and it's really not that difficult.  Just (carefully) use a razor knife to pry them up, trim down the sides and glue em' back on.  Should take you all of 10 - 15 minutes.  

Reference images                            Centurion approved AM belt

npvJpzM.jpg     kSPfyEf.jpg?1  OgDHAaP.jpg          DgkSTug.jpg?1

Just keep doing what you are doing, keep up the great attitude and we will get you there, sir.  :salute:

Easy fix , in fact I see @gmrhodes13 mentioned that above as well , I should be able to get that taken care of this evening , good call out and attention to detail.  I should have the TD buttoned up this evening as well , can anyone say Armor Party for 1 :-) .

Thanks goodness e6000 glue was used , couldn't imagine that headache if another adhesive was used.  Does heating up the glue with a heat gun help? I was wondering because I didn't  want to deform anything with he ABS

• Like 2

Well , I got my 501st approval today , our garrison GML got back to me this afternoon and I had an email shortly after..

Say hello to TK-70921  :-) .... 

I will be submitting on this forum later today and then start work on some fixes for EIB :-)... 

A big shout out to all of you for your help and feedback , still more work to do  but at least got my basic out of the way! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jeffnmar said:

Does heating up the glue with a heat gun help? I was wondering because I didn't  want to deform anything with he ABS

You shouldn't need to heat the glue up, just pry up one edge, add a little pressure an the rest should start letting go, ABS is pretty resilient and shouldn't be damaged.

14 minutes ago, Jeffnmar said:

Well , I got my 501st approval today , our garrison GML got back to me this afternoon and I had an email shortly after..

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the ranks

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jeffnmar said:

I will be submitting on this forum later today and then start work on some fixes for EIB :-)... 

A big shout out to all of you for your help and feedback , still more work to do  but at least got my basic out of the way! 

Congratulations Trooper Welcome aboard!!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: