G'day from the kangaroo kingdom

• 2 weeks later...
Update the boxes have left LA, hoping they arrive in AUS this week,though i will most likely get a nice letter from customs to pay import taxes  
quietly hoping i will have it for may the 4th.

May the 4th be with you, and if not Revenge of the Sixth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Piers, I am andy the CO of the Southern Cross Garrison which appears to be your home garrison based on the details in the forum post
Best bet is to throw up some images here or on the SCG forums (recruitment section is here https://www.501scg.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23_) so we can help work out what is needed next....

Out of the box approvals are very rare and a lot of the time small fixes are needed so we can help you with those as well :D

Very exciting to see what you have mate!!!

1 hour ago, andylah said:

Hey Piers, I am andy the CO of the Southern Cross Garrison which appears to be your home garrison based on the details in the forum post
Best bet is to throw up some images here or on the SCG forums (recruitment section is here https://www.501scg.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23_) so we can help work out what is needed next....

Out of the box approvals are very rare and a lot of the time small fixes are needed so we can help you with those as well :D

Very exciting to see what you have mate!!!

Thanks I have updated my intro thread as well. I'm keen to get some photos uploaded to get ready for approval. 

10 hours ago, arson14 said:

Can't upload from my phone pictures are too big

Many of us use a free online image host Imgur for adding photos as the forum only allows small amounts, you can find a how to here 

11 minutes ago, arson14 said:

https://imgur.com/a/SatrrYf

Was a rush to put on and the legs are on the wrong side I worked out after I took it all off lol.

Try the "direct link" option OR right click copy then paste into your post ;) 

ONGFkPw.jpeg

It's all about the fine tuning, a few tweaks here and there:duim:

• Like 1

Try the "direct link" option OR right click copy then paste into your post  

ONGFkPw.jpeg

It's all about the fine tuning, a few tweaks here and there:duim:

Which armor version are you going for as well? The hand guards you put on are ESB I believe. Did the kit come with others for anh? I know mine did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also just in case you didn’t already know here’s some notes on the armor pieces based on your photo so you know what goes where and fitting.

8ac74df87bef2df4b29101841c873c8c.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions if you are having any about the fitting of your armor. Looking good!

23 minutes ago, FN1313 said:

Also just in case you didn’t already know here’s some notes on the armor pieces based on your photo so you know what goes where and fitting.

8ac74df87bef2df4b29101841c873c8c.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions if you are having any about the fitting of your armor. Looking good!

Yeah cos of the fitment I had to get my partner to help me put it on and the pieces for the legs are not correct. The snaps for the belt were not playing well and the boots being 2 sizes too small meant I had lost patience lol. But thanks for the tips ;) it's a starting point just need to stay focused and not start a mando or 3d print an r2 d2 till this is done.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FN1313 said:

Which armor version are you going for as well? The hand guards you put on are ESB I believe. Did the kit come with others for anh? I know mine did.

It came with these gloves and plain rubber gloves. I'm going for anh.

Yeah cos of the fitment I had to get my partner to help me put it on and the pieces for the legs are not correct. The snaps for the belt were not playing well and the boots being 2 sizes too small meant I had lost patience lol. But thanks for the tips it's a starting point just need to stay focused and not start a mando or 3d print an r2 d2 till this is done.

Yeah I figured you probably were aware, but I wanted to provide imagery if you needed it. That’s a good quality commission though!

It came with these gloves and plain rubber gloves. I'm going for anh.

73a4e5f8323690c8465a30f61a82b5f8.jpg

So mine was a kit from Dave and it came with both of these hand guards. The top is for anh, so if you have those with yours that’s what you’ll go for. If not then I’d also suggest maybe getting some flexible ones as they are really nice.

1 hour ago, FN1313 said:

73a4e5f8323690c8465a30f61a82b5f8.jpg

So mine was a kit from Dave and it came with both of these hand guards. The top is for anh, so if you have those with yours that’s what you’ll go for. If not then I’d also suggest maybe getting some flexible ones as they are really nice.

It came with the rubber guards you have pictured just need to look at what gloves to use.

• Like 1

It came with the rubber guards you have pictured just need to look at what gloves to use.

Good to know. Yeah for highest approval the rubber gloves where what you’d use, I did buy a few sets of rubber guards to use with my rubber gloves and nonexistent gloves.

• 1 month later...

Seems im in need of a new under suit as mine has ripped will look into options but any recommendations would be appreciated. I have a bit of trimming to do and need to sort a way of getting the thigh pieces to stay up but getting closer to submitting for approval, then i can focus on some more 3d printing of blasters.

Only requirement is no logos can be seen and the stitching is black.

I purchased off ebay, but there is local compression gear available as per the above post.

• 5 weeks later...