White rim hovi tips for EIB status (ANH hero)

Hi folks,

I’m preparing my armour for EIB and have a question regarding the white rims on the hovi tips.

The CRL for TK ANH hero says that the rims and inside should be white but I’ve read on a thread that this is incorrect and only the rims should be white (not the inside). Please could someone clarify this?

For the paint, is Humbrol matt white enamel ok for this?

Thanks,

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Tim.

The CRL text here is actually slightly incorrect as the Stunt helmets had the interior painted white, but the Hero helmets only had the rims. It's a bit hard to see, but you can tell in this reference photo:

ACtC-3fdnQcLUaEJp8E0OkZ8NOTBuALe1ERQ3WLW    BnYy1SU.jpg?1

:salute:

Correct, the insides of the Hovi's are black for Hero with a small amount of white on the rims.

2100451377_hero20at20lfl.jpg.09b6e7c9a112d8c477e357d39edf3506.jpg908460166_hi20hero1.jpg.6a74f33f63ba7a42bd23c9893cebb23d.jpgshadow_hero2.jpg.d5c41d2662e4f557d5239a43af558830.jpg1162180144_whole20hero20helm2.jpg.c871cfdb02c4edcc4872c0bbbd430af0.jpg

Brill, thanks for clarifying guys. Will the Humbrol matt white enamel paint be ok to add to the rims, or should I be looking at a different kind of paint?

Thanks,

Tim

7 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Does this mean the EIB visual checklist needs updating?

CRL would need updating first

Edited by gmrhodes13
text update
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrickyT81 said:

Brill, thanks for clarifying guys. Will the Humbrol matt white enamel paint be ok to add to the rims, or should I be looking at a different kind of paint?

I use white gloss enamel but I don't think you would be able to tell if you used matt.

Oh, this again..... haha

It should also be noted that the mic tip mesh is painted black (also not in the CRL). Apparently CRL changes are like pulling teeth, but if the DOs are going to enforce, I definitely support a quick update. Let me know if I can be of any help. 

Edited by TheRascalKing

16 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

Apparently CRL changes are like pulling teeth, but if the DOs are going to enforce, I definitely support a quick update.

Not so, they are planned for.

Second half of the term focus goes back onto foundational work such as CRL updates and modification. That is also planned out in categories based on priority.

Most needed.

This is CRL's written that have not had a decent update or far more information has come to light and require a good amount of time spent getting them up to a better standard.

Phasma fits this category as an example and hence is seen as major work and higher priority.

Then we have New to legion,.

These are written from ground zero and also require good photos that require photo shop work to be cut from their background and made ready for adding tho the CRL's

They happen during a build of a new costume and get refined when the costume is complete. These can happen any time.

Minor updates , descriptor and some image changes. These are generally older CRL's that have had work done as time passes and can generally get a member approved from base to lvl 3 as they stand.

These are not of major concern and we are talking in many cases lvl 3 only.

We will move to the foundational focus from August, so you can expect to see that kind of work taking place after we get through the work load that has been preparing for the anniversary of the detachment.

Plenty happening , all planned out so we have the time and man power to get it done. :)

• Like 3

Hi Andrew,

I don’t envy the work you chaps do. I have spotted a couple of minor things regarding the images needed for EIB approval. Is there anywhere to feedback/make suggestions around this?

Thanks,

Tim

• Like 1

Hi Tim, I would definitely send a PM to the DO team as a first step to discuss what it is you wish bring up for further discussion. They may have the answers you seek already, and if not can start a discussion in the appropriate area to ready anything for potential change or update.

Most CRL work starts with staff and extended staff in the IPM area, before key points are brought before the greater membership for further discussion and a possible Poll to see what changes will be made.

We do try and include plenty in the process so there is a good understanding why some changes are under consideration and other not.

I would add all 3 DO's to your PM, and if you wish, you can add me as well.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Tim,
In case you weren't sure, the three DOs are:
justjoseph63, TKSpartan and Chemi

Good catch I completely forgot to add them, Thanks Richard.:duim:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Not so, they are planned for.

Plenty happening , all planned out so we have the time and man power to get it done. :)

Appreciate the clarification, and let me know if I can be of any assistance!

• Like 2