Just Preordered My First Set of Stormtrooper Armor

My name is Crystal (27F), I live in San Diego, CA USA. After years of deliberation, I finally decided to preorder my first set of Stormtrooper Armor! I am ordering through ATAWorks (I am new to this terminology, but I believe it is referred to at ANH Stunt Armor?), and I am excited but nervous to go through the process of assembly. I am 5'2" so I know that some serious trimming is in store. Hopefully I can make it into the 501st by the end of it all. Recommendations are welcome!

• Like 3

Hello and welcome aboard. Your terminology is spot on.

CRL can be found here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Some great build threads for those of shorter height

Looking forward to seeing your build, good luck

• Like 1

Hi Crystal, welcome to FISD. Great to know you're on the way of becoming an Imperial Stormtrooper of the 501st Legion.!! 

Looking forward for your BBB (Big Brown Box) day and feel free to ask any question you have and post tons of photos.

Most here use Imgur to post photos  and you can open your own Building Thread  here to receive some tips and feedback.

Good Luck, We are here to Help !! :salute:

• Like 1

Hi Crystal and welcome to FISD!

Great to hear you have taken your first step into the world of becoming an Imperial Stormtrooper.

Wont be long before your BBB )Big Brown Box) arrives and your excitement levels increase even more.

I look forward to your build thread.

• Like 1

Welcome to the TRUE home of shiny white armor, Crystal!  While you wait, I would advise getting all your build supplies in order.  That way, you can dive right in when BBB day arrives!  I would also strongly suggest starting a build thread in the ANH Build Thread forum (link here). 

To echo what others have already mentioned, some big things to keep in mind are these:

1.  Take......... your......... time.  I can't stress that enough.  Rushing leads to mistakes.  Consider your build a marathon and not a sprint.

2.  Stay organized.

3.  Ask as many questions as you want to, no matter how small you may think they are.  We are here to help!

4.  Post up LOTS of photos.  Doing this is especially important when you have an issue.

5.  If you are (hopefully) aiming for Expert Infantry and Centurion levels (hint hint, lol), doing this is easier during your build rather than after, and is easier than you think!

I have several tutorials under my signature below that will help, and know that we will be here for you every step of the way!  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2

Hello Crystal, you are getting GREAT ADVICE from everyone …. important thing is RESEARCH, RESEARCH, and more RESEARCH ( & possible CENTURION ???) …. It’s through this research YOU will gain knowledge WE ARE HERE FOT U !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Welcome, Crystal! I'm 5' 3" and an approved Stormtrooper so it can definitely be done. Glen already linked to my build thread above, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions. There's also a Facebook group called A Little Short for a Trooper for Legion and aspiring Legion members who are vertically challenged. :)

• Like 3

Ok, I have to say it since no once else did... "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"  :laugh1:

Welcome.  I am new to this as well and waiting for my armor to arrive early next week (provided tracking can be trusted.)

This is a great group and I've learned a ton just surfing through the various posts. 

• Like 2