tat2trooper TK Anovos build thread

tat2trooper

5 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

What do you guys use to trim the rubber hand guards? want to clean the edges up a little bit. And do I just e6000 them onto the rubber glove?

Looks good. Wear them around the house for about an hour carrying your blaster if possible. You want to ensure they don't peel off the gloves. 

• Like 1

Finished the arms strapping system. Will be going back later on to double up snaps on the bicep and forearm. Put in the new screws. And cleaned up edges of rubber hand guards. Just used exacto knife. Having trouble uploading that pic for some reason.

HUDTo69.jpg

FV9GH05.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

Thanks. So I should trim more on the bigger ab buttons.

Yes, place it over the ab amor to see how it looks and trim as needed leaving a short edge, as you can see it doesn't cover the ridged section.

• Like 1

Also when it comes to painting do not paint the full button, you can see from the images that there is a small area paint free just around the base ;) 

• Like 2

Block of wood behind rivet, then use a flat head screw driver, splay open the posts a little, lay side of screwdriver down on posts, hit with a hammer, post will open, then tap flat with hammer.

DSCN1010.JPG&key=9b5820148d7e8df48dea178

• Like 1

Also finally started this last left shin. Have to be very careful I noticed with this one so the knee plate matches up and looks good. So mostly trim from the back once you get the fronts matched up good with the knee plate. Been taking half inch at a time off the backs then test fitting then take a little more off just to be careful. Tomorrow should have it ready to lay a strip down on it. Any good images of left shin would help.

I used a dab of E600 just under the sides and in the middle of the thigh ammo strip to hold it in place. I guess you could use velcro as long as it's not seen from the outside

I used white gaffer tape behind my knee ammo pack to reduce it movement. It can’t be see from the front and I chose it as an homage to the original wardrobe staff that used white gaffer tape to make on the fly repairs to the armour in A New Hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Very nice, one thing that would need to be modded if aiming for the higher levels is the henglster position, should be higher

uVRKt06.jpg&key=2c38ba321252e36d8536abb0

2.png&key=6a25db5470d5694c561b46f5f9b549

• Like 1