tat2trooper TK Anovos build thread

tat2trooper

3 hours ago, tat2trooper said:

Any tips on knee plate? I want to trim down little more on bottom to bring it in closer to shin. Should start with one side first then do the other side?

EJEMYJE.jpg

I trimmed most of the return edge off the bottom of the sniper plate, but notched the center front area so it would sit central on the coverstrip

• Like 1

Just realized having comm system on chest when running audio hovi tips is not the best idea. Wont be able to just pull your bucket off as easily. So started moving things around. Now need to figure out something to stuff these wires in to hold it in mouth part of helmet. @ukswrath any thoughts? 

CRV6y3N.jpg

ytq1pKv.jpg

I prefer everything in the chest and just run the mic onto head, easy to take helmet on and off and less weight

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I prefer everything in the chest and just run the mic onto head, easy to take helmet on and off and less weight

That's what I was thinking but then id need to run the hovi tip wires down also.

Just now, tat2trooper said:

That's what I was thinking but then id need to run the hovi tip wires down also.

I don't use hovi speakers, I find the aker amp works well behind the chest, especially at larger noisy events, gives a nice distortion as well

• Like 2

I do the same as Glen, and keep the icomm and Aker in the chest. I do have the hearing assist in my helmet but seldom use it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tat2trooper said:

Just realized having comm system on chest when running audio hovi tips is not the best idea. Wont be able to just pull your bucket off as easily. So started moving things around. Now need to figure out something to stuff these wires in to hold it in mouth part of helmet. @ukswrath any thoughts? 

It's easiest to secure the mic to the helmet with velcro so it's in the same place every time you install your helmet. I also use velcro to secure the wires, or I use my cooling bracket system that hides the additional wires. 

• Like 1

I glued a small scrap piece of plastic as bridge inside my helmet. I mounted my fan on it and stuffed the cables underneith, that way everything is in it's place. :)

here's a picture:

helmetbridge.jpeg

it is glued in like this and even has enough space to hide the fan battery:

grafik.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ripper_L said:

I glued a small scrap piece of plastic as bridge inside my helmet. I mounted my fan on it and stuffed the cables underneith, that way everything is in it's place. :)

here's a picture:

it is glued in like this and even has enough space to hide the fan battery:

Nice and tidy :duim:

• Like 1

Nice work, you may want to move the cut ends of the plastic ties behind the cabling or you may find you could catch on them from time to time putting the helmet on or off

• Like 1