Hello from Vancouver, Canada

Hi all! Recently joined this forum to learn more about building my first ever ANH TK costume. I've also joined my local 501st detachment, the Outer Rim Garrison. 

I've wanted to do a build for over a decade now and just always gave up as I believed it to be too difficult and had no idea the 501st or forums like this existed. Glad to have been pointed in the right direction by another member and lead here. Looking forward to learning a lot before finally pulling the trigger and achieving my goal of finally having as close to a screen accurate TK costume as possible and joining the 501st!

Cheers!

--Davin

Hi Davin, Welcome to FISD. 

Glad to read you haven't given up , that's great.

I would like to suggest the following forum section for you to start your searching process:

Where do I buy armor?

How much does a suit of TK armor cost? 

Quick comparison between  ANH, ESB and ROTJ TK Armor

Feel free to browse the forum and  ask questions . We are here to help you as one day someone helped us too.

Cheers:salute:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Davin, Welcome to FISD. 

Glad to read you haven't given up , that's great.

I would like to suggest the following forum section for you to start your searching process:

Where do I buy armor?

How much does a suit of TK armor cost? 

Quick comparison between  ANH, ESB and ROTJ TK Armor

Feel free to browse the forum and  ask questions . We are here to help you as one day someone helped us too.

Cheers:salute:

Many thanks! though I noticed the last two links lead right back to this post. 

Hi Davin, welcome to the FISD.  I'm in the Garrison next door - Badlands.  

As mentioned above, check out the getting started section.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

You might also want to check out the build section (there are different sections for different costumes).  If you are planning a classic ANH TK, a really good build to check out is this one:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build-stunt/

It is for a Anovos kit, but the methods can be applied to most kits.

and also check this out:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/79-tutorials-tips-and-howtos/

It's all going to look incredibly daunting at first, but it will make sense eventually.  ;)  Take some time to read through the posts on the page.  The best kit for you will depend on your body shape and budget.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  You have the right attitude - don't be afraid to take your time and do some research.

Homework assignment: go watch ANH... again! :laugh1:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dmalhi1 said:

Many thanks! though I noticed the last two links lead right back to this post. 

Oh, I'm sorry.  Here they are. 

How much does an armor cost?

Quick armor comparison ANH ESB ROTJ

Cheers, 

• Like 1

Welcome to the TRUE home of shiny white armor, Devin!  Know that not only are you in the right place, but that you have an entire Detachment of folks who are here to help you every step of the way on your journey to become a member of the 501st community and a "real" Stormtrooper!

We welcome those those who want to join our ranks, and are here to answer any and all questions you may have so never be shy about asking for advice! (It's what we do best)!

• Like 1

Hi Davin and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, keep in contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey!:dancing-trooper:

• Like 1