Totally new to the process

So this is my first armor and read the newbie thread, but get lost in the site and don’t know where to go for a ANH Hero TK armor kit. I’m totally green but saw a troop in Sioux Falls and wanted to join the legion... rookie mistake I bet:)

Hello JP,

Try this section on FISD:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/

There is also a sub-section on ANH TK build threads:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, JP!  If it's a Hero build you are going for, for quality you really can't beat the armor/helmet from Paul at TM @troopermaster.  

Don't worry about being a "Newbie/rookie".. we were all there at one time!  Yes there is a ton of information here, and to get many (if not most) of your initial questions answered I suggest this area:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/  

BUT, you are always welcomed and encouraged to ask us about anything.  It's kinda' what we do here!

11 hours ago, BB63tk said:

So this is my first armor and read the newbie thread, but get lost in the site and don’t know where to go for a ANH Hero TK armor kit. I’m totally green but saw a troop in Sioux Falls and wanted to join the legion... rookie mistake I bet:)

Welcome home brother. I'm also a newb. These are great folks here.

Welcome to FISD future Trooper !!  Glad you have started the right way .

The most important in this process is : to search , read and review to take the best desicion.

Good luck with your project and looking to see your BBB day photos soon!!

Cheers   :salute:

52 minutes ago, BB63tk said:

Are vendors able to be found on this website? I thought I understood it that way.  Anyway any suggestions for a good vendor

I wouldn’t say “all” but many vetted vendors can be found here on the forum.

Which? Depends on your budget, location and personal preference.

• 1 month later...

Check out this section :

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-runs/

We have several vendors here deal with neck seals too.

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2020 at 1:16 PM, BB63tk said:

Can etzy be trusted for movie accurate tk neck seals

read. the. getting. started. thread.

slowly.

:-)

slow is smooth. smooth is fast. fast is centurion out of the box.  everyone wants to be a centurion, right?

seriously. read the thread. anh stunt armour is the most common.

then the list of vendors.  everything is listed there.  some vendors ship international, some do not, so spend time checking their sites, or message them here.

also, ask troopers in your local garrison who have EI or Centurion kits what they have.

and, the most important awkward questions asked:  tell us your size and shape, there are many armour vendors, one will fit you better than the rest.

e.g. I am 5'8" and 165 pounds, mesomorph, and about 95 cm around the navel circle. (gut)  ATA armour kits fit me 99% perfectly.  If I was 5'10" and my arms an inch longer, then it would be perfect.  Other armour is too big for me, but perfect for the six foot tall troopers that make people ask... well you know.  to which I reply "I am the correct height for a Stormtrooper."

anywho, find a suitable kit first. then soft parts.  then find the list of tools someone has pinned.  and someone local to help you make that first cut. or all of them.  

and we will all welcome your shiny white plastic ... suit, when you are approved.

Welcome fellow two letter name who also starts with a J! It is incredibly daunting task to finding the right armor. I've been aware of this forum for years before I've made my first post because I wanted to make sure I had everything down. Research is key here, and it may seem harsh for people to repeatedly ask you to do your research, but coming back and saying,  "I know what I want, and why", it can give yourself a sense of pride and accomplishment. I was originally put off by this years ago. Now I've realized that it's really more to your benefit. It will save you lots of money to do the research yourself, to use the search function on the top right of the page, and look up "ANH Stunt Kit", it will show you people's build threads of various builds. If you don't do your research, you might buy kits off of certain websites that shall not be named here, and that each kit has it's strengths and weaknesses. Some are higher quality details but are more fragile, or do not fit certain body types. You might be buying recasts off of sites that claim to be reputable. The links provided above will steer you away from those sorts of people, and I hope that you are not discouraged by the weight of research ahead of you! People have blown thousands because of poor research, and they don't want you to make similar mistakes! I hope to see you around the forums!

• Like 1