Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

So as my clone trooper project is coming to a close I've been working on molds for my new tk project.

I'm currently working on the armour but the helmet files are complete and will be printed over the next few weeks.

Here are some pics of the helmet. Would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks guys

e10e498f41928db1461430198927eb63.jpg5b7e9cf45c13f43dd4c9108bc105568b.jpgb2b0dccf78d6b7030ac948188db72c77.jpg8ba878ca157e8e7e1c1f3c3ef60b7128.jpg426516eec4c1ff977a635e70b2ee4603.jpg

 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good Chris.

 

Helpful hints.

1. The Vcoder should have more of a curvature to it, your is a bit vertical.

2. The step at the area of the rank bar is too square, should be more subtle in transition. As a matter of fact if you could soften up the edges in most areas it would look more accurate.  

 

Keep up the great work

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking good Chris.
 
Helpful hints.
1. The Vcoder should have more of a curvature to it, your is a bit vertical.
2. The step at the area of the rank bar is too square, should be more subtle in transition. As a matter of fact if you could soften up the edges in most areas it would look more accurate.  
 
Keep up the great work
 
Thanks,
I'll fix up the vocoder. Reason I've kept the edges sharp is I've noticed with 2mm material vac forming looses most of its edge definition so I want to try give it as much a chance to keep some of those easy to lose details. If it's too pronounced on the final model I can sand it down a bit.
Thanks for the advice

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChrisThePropGuy said:

Thanks,
I'll fix up the vocoder. Reason I've kept the edges sharp is I've noticed with 2mm material vac forming looses most of its edge definition so I want to try give it as much a chance to keep some of those easy to lose details. If it's too pronounced on the final model I can sand it down a bit.
Thanks for the advice emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

No worries, just making observations. Keep up the great work :duim:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks marvelous!

 

My only feedback note is the eyes look symmetrical on the model.  If you're going for an original trilogy look the left eye should have a slight bump to it :)

 

cant wait to see the molds become a reality!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looks marvelous!
 
My only feedback note is the eyes look symmetrical on the model.  If you're going for an original trilogy look the left eye should have a slight bump to it
 
cant wait to see the molds become a reality!
I was debating on the idea of putting this in or not, I think I will make a few symmetrical ones and then add it later on.
Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

most of those hard angles and corners will be a lot softer once you do your first pulls in ABS.

I'm assuming you will pull straight over these, then fill those pulls with plaster or car bog  and refine the bucks from there.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No worries, just making observations. Keep up the great work default_duim.gif

How's this look?

I've noticed on a few WTF ties I've put together the chin is way too curved and sticks out so I've mellowed mine out a fair bit but does this seem to be the right shape?

Cheers

 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

 

 

0f125b1858314897aae5657f00230564.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 8:05 PM, Sly11 said:

most of those hard angles and corners will be a lot softer once you do your first pulls in ABS.

I'm assuming you will pull straight over these, then fill those pulls with plaster or car bog  and refine the bucks from there.

 

Im going to see how I go with just the 3d printed ones, I may in the future make some plaster ones to expand the amount of uses it can go through before it breaks but at the moment it seems unessessary as my printed ones are reenforced with resin and plaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These model is looking really good! Looking forward to see how it turns out. Do you have any idea's on how you might connect the pieces together? For example, the ear pieces using screws? (As was done on the original helmets)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
These model is looking really good! Looking forward to see how it turns out. Do you have any idea's on how you might connect the pieces together? For example, the ear pieces using screws? (As was done on the original helmets)
Thank you. Glad to hear you're enjoying the build so far.
Construction will be pretty much identical to the originals with the screws. The crl is my guideline at the moment as well so making sure it matches up to reference shown there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks okay if you’re going for Rogue One. Brow could do with coming up a bit, though. :-)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...