Unbeatable stormtroopers

psychotropic

If you ever get a chance to read the story line in Infinitys, The ewoks are human eaters and wipe out the Imperials and the Rebels. There drawn pretty mean looking too...

3PO is the only reason that the rebels survive.

I gotta say though that being beaten to death by a teddy bear would be pretty nightmarish!

Yup. If stormtroopers can kick some rebel fleet troop butt, jawas, and moisture farmers - I don't think cute little teddy bears would hold up very well.

Rebel pilots only did well in EU - in the movies it's the Imperials winning every time.

It would be interesting to see what the Ewoks might have been like in RotJ if GL hadn't wanted them to apeal to younglings. I kina like the idea of them being less teddy bear like and more fur-covered carnivore like. I'm picturing a bunch of two-legged wolverines running around the forest. LOL

It would be interesting to see what the Ewoks might have been like in RotJ if GL hadn't wanted them to apeal to younglings. I kina like the idea of them being less teddy bear like and more fur-covered carnivore like. I'm picturing a bunch of two-legged wolverines running around the forest. LOL

That would be cool. Or maybe more like wookies would be cool aswell?

Dont know if its true or not but I had heard the original intent was to have wookies instead of Ewoks. If you ask me I think the imperial troops got off easy despite getting defeated. It could have been much worse, arms pulled out of sockets AND defeat.

haha. yea i heard gl wanted to make it a wookie planet originaly but he didnt know if he could pull it off or something like that or it didnt fit in the story right. maybe the troopers just didnt want to hurt the little guys. haha. would you shoot a little puppy if it came tried to beat you up.

It was to be wookies - I remember the interview. However he said the problem was that he wanted the creatures to be primitive yet he had established through the films that Chewbacca was a very technical guy, so needed a race that wasn't so technical. E.g. low tech good wins over high tech bad.

It would have been so easy for him to write his way out of that corner (without resorting to Ewoks).

Wookiees being used as slave labour to construct the Death Stars (yes, two in that draft). Purposefully prevented from having access to any technological items to keep them under control. They're smart, so they fashion weapons anyway. Empire takes their children hostage to keep them in line. Rebels free Wookiee children, who then help defeat the Imperial presence on the moon. There ya go. Lucas gets to use little people, low tech wins over high tech, and we get our Wookiees.

Many of my problems with Episodes VI, I, II, and III come back to him being a lazy writer. It's not what he wanted to do and it shows.

--Jonah

lol. Too true.

I for one couldn't work out why the a Legion of the Emperors' best troops got beat by a bunch of teddies, but the whole "can't look down far enough" is so true - Having just finished my bucket and trying it on for size I'm looking forward to my first troop with a sense of excitement and dread........

BTW I heard that that they wanted Wookies but coudn't get all the costumes made and there weren't enough tall dudes to make a decent army

haha yes we cant see that far down. that is sooo true. thats is actually a very good reason and believable too. if we couldnt see far up enough to duck walking in a door how are we supposed to see teddy bears. that would explain how the snowtroopers won. they had NORMAL sized targets.