What are the options for me in terms of acquiring an E-11 to go with my suit? I know there are resin kits and foamies, but what do you veterans use? What holds up and looks good? Give me your two cents, everyone. 

Well the first question I like to ask is, what's you budget? I personally use a Praetorian. Extremely high detailed yet made of rubber and a bit expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion. Then you have what you've already mentioned right up to actual metal replicas. Pick your poison. Here's my Praetorian.

batch_20171029_162052-crop.jpg

batch_20171029_162038-crop.jpg

20171029_162204.jpg

batch_20171029_162058-crop.jpg

batch_20171029_162151-crop.jpg

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Hiya.

Assuming it’s for ANH, I’d check out:

Doopydoos
Praetorian Blasters
Quest Canada
Fieldmarshall
Imperial Warfighters
ShearTech

Many of these are on Facebook or you’ll also find examples of them here on the FISD.

Personally, I use a self build Doopydoos, modified with T-Jay’s kit. Check my signature for the build.
Here’s how it turned out. :-)

Dan :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also depends on what you expect in terms of durability. Pratorean's rubber blasters will just bounce off a cement floor if dropped, while doopydoo's resin kits are liable to shatter. Resin kits are more modifiable for further accuracy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Neb Sgird said:

It also depends on what you expect in terms of durability. Pratorean's rubber blasters will just bounce off a cement floor if dropped, while doopydoo's resin kits are liable to shatter. Resin kits are more modifiable for further accuracy.

Correct but 7 years of trooping and I've never dropped a resin/plastic blaster ;) 

Rubber is great but doesn't allow all the bells and whistles and the younglings do like a light and sound show :D

• Like 1

Correct but 7 years of trooping and I've never dropped a resin/plastic blaster  

Rubber is great but doesn't allow all the bells and whistles and the younglings do like a light and sound show
Precisely, which is why I'm installing electronics on my doopydoos as we speak

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Correct but 7 years of trooping and I've never dropped a resin/plastic blaster ;) 

Rubber is great but doesn't allow all the bells and whistles and the younglings do like a light and sound show :D

I've never dropped a blaster either but I've had youngsters rip my scope off when I had a plastic version :laugh1: 

• Like 1

Check “Sheartech” on FB - Excellent solid rubber blasters that you won’t mind the odd knock.

I’ve made a few Doopys kits and you certainly don’t want to give them to randoms to hold.

I’ve got an Imperial Warfighters ordered because I’ve seen it approved at Centurion out of the box and I needed something affordable and durable.

Edited by AngryEwok
  • Like 1

I’ve got an Imperial Warfighters ordered because I’ve seen it approved at Centurion out of the box and I needed something affordable and durable.

Good option for a very reasonable price.

My Imperial Warfighters one is an older version now, but still pretty good. His newer ones have a more accurate magazine amongst other improvements.

Below is my Doopys Vs Imperial Warfighters. :-)

6f1a1d703d5c0c14dfac3f86ffe21302.jpg
  • Like 3