TKModder421

My first build!! ANOVOS ANH stunt TK

2 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Also, you probably want to have on an undersuit so you get the closest, most accurate sense of the fit. I just used lots of painters tape which worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to be "that guy" again but...

2 hours ago, TKModder421 said:

Alright I'm waiting to receive my undersuit so I can start making fitment choices. In the meantime I'm doing some quick size-ups with the arms first.

4 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

What?? What am I missing here?

That he is planning on using his undersuit, it hasn´t arrived just yet so he is only doing tests :)

28 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

2 hours ago, TKModder421 said:

Alright I'm waiting to receive my undersuit so I can start making fitment choices. In the meantime I'm doing some quick size-ups with the arms first.

Yes, I saw that, but he was thinking of trimming the arms as seen in his pics where he drew red lines. You told him temporary strapping with tape could work. I was reaffirming that he should have the undersuit on first, even when he is test fitting.

He’s fine as long as he does do a full ‘dress rehearsal’ before doing any cutting by that I mean undersuit, gloves, boots, etc.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 2

OK, so I got my undersuit, so I'm ready to start with the rough fitting.

Starting with the biceps first. How do I want these to fit exactly? I'm probably going to take in the top a bit but the bottom is comfortable when my arms are down but get snug when I flex my bicep. Is this a concern? Should I give myself a little more room at the bottom?

OTye7Apl.jpg   APyH9iEl.jpg

The Movie troopers have slim bicep pieces so keep them tight but still beeing able to remove the helmet, and as I said earlier, with both biceps and forearms. The bicep should be able to move up and down as you move your arm.

bTAc4YR.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

The Movie troopers have slim bicep pieces so keep them tight but still beeing able to remove the helmet, and as I said earlier, with both biceps and forearms. The bicep should be able to move up and down as you move your arm.

Oh ok! Helmet removal is the base line I should use for arm movement?

1 minute ago, TKModder421 said:

Oh ok! Helmet removal is the base line I should use for arm movement?

Yes, most of the time you´ll be standing with a blaster like the guys above but is only a good thing to be able to put on/take off the helmet on your own:duim:

• Like 1

What Daniel said. Normally a good gauge of spacing is a finger width or so.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rat said:

What Daniel said. Normally a good gauge of spacing is a finger width or so.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Awesome!! Thanks guys! I'll update my progress soon

• Like 1

Alright!! So I received my undersuit and I'm ready to start moving forward with prelim fitting and some trimming.

I did some test rigging with duct tape and found my right arm to sit pretty well and have a good range of motion.

57u0Aepl.jpg

But when I did the same with the left arm (especially bending my elbow) I wasn't getting the same range of motion. My forearm was running into the bicep and the bicep wasn't sliding up my upper arm any further.

XryXcrfl.jpg  7QI10o8l.jpg

So I was trying to figure out why that was happening, and I noticed that the bicep piece wasn't sliding any higher because it was pushing up into my armpit as far as it would go.

I took off both arms to compare the biceps and what I found was that the inside, top opening of the left bicep doesn't dip down as far as the right bicep does.

b0QZa0hl.jpg 

You can see it much better when you line them up

4UDd7cBl.jpg

So I guess my question is what course of action should I take? If I trim down the top inside opening I'll be getting close to that thumb dent, but I don't have enough length on the top of the opening to be trimming off the bottom opening without possibly leaving a gap between the bottom of the shoulder bell and the top of the bicep. I hope that all made sense :wacko:

Thoughts??

Alright!! So I received my undersuit and I'm ready to start moving forward with prelim fitting and some trimming.  

I did some test rigging with duct tape and found my right arm to sit pretty well and have a good range of motion.

57u0Aepl.jpg&key=13d03afebed48330c80bb0d0e88ea895608416a67d978d5b9034d2bcc384c948

But when I did the same with the left arm (especially bending my elbow) I wasn't getting the same range of motion. My forearm was running into the bicep and the bicep wasn't sliding up my upper arm any further.

XryXcrfl.jpg&key=2912921ea5fe1c3b268d69c7420ac2990780bf68226c5f9dd8c2cc9b6296dae9  7QI10o8l.jpg&key=ba7454fe65f9fa60a3ebfdaaa10703ea9db4e86ffde77f922721f4703488ec3d

So I was trying to figure out why that was happening, and I noticed that the bicep piece wasn't sliding any higher because it was pushing up into my armpit as far as it would go.

I took off both arms to compare the biceps and what I found was that the inside, top opening of the left bicep doesn't dip down as far as the right bicep does.

b0QZa0hl.jpg&key=8380af064fdc15439f93fa48deaeee240788f12cfbf7039e7b44c9b306075a88 

You can see it much better when you line them up

4UDd7cBl.jpg&key=6c2accff19f1c139bdec23fd69c06203ce50e1b3490a67d027c25579ca6ba14f

So I guess my question is what course of action should I take? If I trim down the top inside opening I'll be getting close to that thumb dent, but I don't have enough length on the top of the opening to be trimming off the bottom opening without possibly leaving a gap between the bottom of the shoulder bell and the top of the bicep. I hope that all made sense default_wacko.png

Thoughts??

Here is what I would do if I’m understanding you correctly. You’re saying that it’s digging into your armpit. It looks like you have a little slack to work with up top for where it lies in the shoulder Bell. I suggest possibly pulling the bicep down about 1/4” so you still get the overlap. Then, it seems like you still have enough room to trim to not touch the thumb print. I’d say take another 1/4” or so off on the inside. Then, since your whole bicep has been dropped 1/4”, trim up the bottom 1/4”. I feel like by you dropping the bicep down 1/4” and trimming 1/4” further from the inside, that will give you 1/2” of clearance from your armpit:

7504c28820689b0a3f34f13ae8f32b50.jpg&key=d0872517f06485f1b32405dfc257f7f9a8e0b5036459302d90baa9ae23b4e2b8

That’s what I would do if I were having this issue. If you cannot drop the bicep at all, then just start by trimming some of the excess off the inside, but leave enough abs plastic above the thumb print. Also, you cut your opening on the right bicep much wider at the top than the left. You can also just try changing the angle of your cut and trim more off like this:

ce1605d1e244c4887ab1be3367aa337f.jpg

It keeps the thumbprint untouched, but opens up the plastic to prevent it digging into your armpit.

There are lots of great build threads for those of a shorter stature, have a look at this one from Cricket

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41502-crickets-wtf-hero-build-even-more-tk-for-the-vertically-challenged/

OK!! So I finally have enough of my soft goods (undersuit and gloves) to do fitment adjustments on the arms

I previously had done some initial trimming to cut down the circumference of the biceps and forearms. But because of the amount I took off the forearms, the openings became very oval, which is going to pose problems when trying to attach the cover strips, since I wouldn't have a flat surface where the two sides of the forearms meet

qeswJWkm.jpg

So per advice from Joseph I gave the forearms a hot water bath. They're much rounder, more comfortable and provide a much flatter surface to attach the cover strips.

cYEcr0Jm.jpg  BTg8quYm.jpg

I've done some duct tape rigging to get an idea of how the shoulder, bicep and forearm will fit. Currently I'm using the plastic hand plates from the ANOVOS kit, but I've ordered some soft hand plates from Joseph.

So here's my right arm...

F3jfUB0l.jpg  53gjVvXl.jpg

I like the length of the forearm when my arm is straight, but when my elbow is bent the wrist opening cuts into my wrist and handplate which either slides under the opening...

rMWKX6el.jpg?1

mj7z7Vil.jpg

or outside the opening

hMAH0XYl.jpg

So I'm still trying to decide on my best plan of action here. Do I trim only the dip in the inside opening of the top of the forearm (maybe 1/2")? Or do I take a combination of a little off the wrist (maybe a 1/4"+) and the dip (1/4")?

OK!! So I finally have enough of my soft goods (undersuit and gloves) to do fitment adjustments on the arms

I previously had done some initial trimming to cut down the circumference of the biceps and forearms. But because of the amount I took off the forearms, the openings became very oval, which is going to pose problems when trying to attach the cover strips, since I wouldn't have a flat surface where the two sides of the forearms meet
qeswJWkm.jpg&key=08a1f911f28537b89856fbe4f5c2f3ba1db090663992f92e226f92cc70d4a2a3

So per advice from Joseph I gave the forearms a hot water bath. They're much rounder, more comfortable and provide a much flatter surface to attach the cover strips.
cYEcr0Jm.jpg&key=9f59c6469d613e8f825d8bba7bc1e5c37a71efe2c73f45aee4bd1d3d3896b756  BTg8quYm.jpg&key=657032f2e67006ce1ae8c1a140d81164f589657e60f07fe6d1941cf1c23aa785

I've done some duct tape rigging to get an idea of how the shoulder, bicep and forearm will fit. Currently I'm using the plastic hand plates from the ANOVOS kit, but I've ordered some soft hand plates from Joseph.

So here's my right arm...
F3jfUB0l.jpg&key=fbb1b5d1379b8277c22123ffa3caf81cd8f45ebbe85013a2a8d61186e9563587  53gjVvXl.jpg&key=41b3e89f991fcf5d85ae16b9a195df08a02f2a61dd263dd274968ffe4107294a

I like the length of the forearm when my arm is straight, but when my elbow is bent the wrist opening cuts into my wrist and handplate which either slides under the opening...
rMWKX6el.jpg?1&key=bc8371983cd6a96f8d589d04acb19e1755d391a517769e7a91260b89c72a87e0

mj7z7Vil.jpg&key=b1532bac7aa8485b5d75d4b2aa790d49d10bc3cd84f9469dfe71d1bfd1144c8e

or outside the opening
hMAH0XYl.jpg&key=e2dc68446dd4f9130da260318eb01d1e9a37f14c0511572cf8eb2305a335963a

So I'm still trying to decide on my best plan of action here. Do I trim only the dip in the inside opening of the top of the forearm (maybe 1/2")? Or do I take a combination of a little off the wrist (maybe a 1/4"+) and the dip (1/4")?

In my opinion, you don’t really want to take from the bottom of the wrist as you’ll get close to a notch in the forearm. You’ll really only want to take the return edges out completely from the wrist side and leave it at that. But, you have more room to work with at the top of the forearms, so you should trim from there and just move your wrist side of the forearm up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

In my opinion, you don’t really want to take from the bottom of the wrist as you’ll get close to a notch in the forearm. You’ll really only want to take the return edges out completely from the wrist side and leave it at that. But, you have more room to work with at the top of the forearms, so you should trim from there and just move your wrist side of the forearm up.

Yeah, I agree. I'm leaning towards just taking some off the top inside of the forearms

Ok, I'm also looking for feedback about my best option for applying the cover strips to the forearms. Since I've trimmed them down, the opening at the top of the forearm (nearest the bicep) no longer lines up. What do you all recommend I do?

Should I trim off some of the larger side at the same angle as the dip (red line) and make the cover strip (green rectangle) come up to the new butt point (this is the direction I'm leaning)

LqFpatNl.jpg

Or do just make the cover strip go all the way to the top of the larger piece?

deE1bKVl.jpg

Option A trim the red line add the strip and make the strip angled like the angle

• Like 2

Alright, back to the build! So I did the necessary trimming and have started gluing the coverstrips on the forearms.

Started with the front side of the right arm

This is my first go at trying this and I got a little messy with the glue :wacko: LOL. Thank goodness E6000 peels right off!!

Gonna let that dry and give you an update when I move on to the other side.

ZE3DWl1l.jpg 

kCzTrepl.jpg 

z1WY4Zsl.jpg 

WWUT32nl.jpg

bL11wHll.jpg 

Edited by TKModder421

Coming along nicely (well not the glue :laugh1:) For those hard to get at areas of glue you can just cut small sections of left over cover strip, they will get in nicely in grooves.

Not sure if you where going to but a lot of us add inside cover strips, does give a little more strength, especially on pieces like the shins which are open and closed constantly, I use strips from off cuts from trimming.

Always best to glue the front facing pieces first and get them nice and flat, you can tackle the backs once they are fully dry, you'll also find you can compress the shape quite a lot by using tape.

With your narrow forearm a heated water bath or if you are dare a heat gun, will allow you to make it a little rounder, less of the oval shape. If ever using a heat gun I do advise people to try on other pieces of plastic first, ABS can be a little unforgiving with too much heat.

Looking forward to the progress.

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Coming along nicely (well not the glue :laugh1:) For those hard to get at areas of glue you can just cut small sections of left over cover strip, they will get in nicely in grooves.

Not sure if you where going to but a lot of us add inside cover strips, does give a little more strength, especially on pieces like the shins which are open and closed constantly, I use strips from off cuts from trimming.

Always best to glue the front facing pieces first and get them nice and flat, you can tackle the backs once they are fully dry, you'll also find you can compress the shape quite a lot by using tape.

With your narrow forearm a heated water bath or if you are dare a heat gun, will allow you to make it a little rounder, less of the oval shape. If ever using a heat gun I do advise people to try on other pieces of plastic first, ABS can be a little unforgiving with too much heat.

Looking forward to the progress.

Haha I know, I know!

Yeah I was definitely wanting to add inner cover strips but I wasn't sure exactly what scraps I could use. The way I trimmed all my pieces I'm not sure I actually have any scraps that are long and wide enough to be usable as cover strips. I may have to just buy some sheets of white ABS that I can cut into inner cover strips.

I did give the forearms a hot water bath, they were far too oval prior.

before                                                       after

qeswJWkm.jpg   BTg8quYm.jpg

I was considering a heat gun if I've got spots that aren't flat enough to get good contact with the cover strip, but so far it looks like I should be fine

Ok, so after letting the glue dry and cleaning up my giant glue mess it looks pretty good. But I have a concern...

FGMG12xl.jpg

mkp6Fpcl.jpg

Pw0B6wzl.jpg

Vj6htSgl.jpg

N8rbJRXl.jpg

gpYj9rAl.jpg

3BJprmPl.jpg

So my concern is there's a little gap running up along the front side of the cover strip. It's kind of hard to get a good pic of it, but here's a few...

hszLwQTl.jpg

up in there real close!

JFeVYNnl.jpg

You don't really see it unless you get up in there. But is this normal? Something I shouldn't worry about? Or should I tear it apart and try and get better contact on the edges?